It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in Norfolk, VA as we speak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Strange lights, sounds of explosions, objects streaking across the skies... all of these phenomena were observed around 930pm and is continuing as we speak in areas from delaware to north carolina...

Article Here

what do you think?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I am stationed here at NOB Norfolk, Va. The phenomena was observed by several people in my office and was described as odd lightning. Although no rumble was heard here, the streaking lights were observed as well as the bright flashes. The object streaking across the sky did not have a "tail" or "trailer" was orange in color and moving at a very high rate of speed. It was reported as breaking news on the television and soon after local newspapers reported a flood of 911 calls from concerned citizens.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
any pictures???

or anymore info?

Sounds interesting

S+F

It was just so low. It was like where a bird should be,” she said. “It was definitely heading downward.”

She was on the phone with a friend a minute later when she heard an explosion.

Kenneth Martin of Chesapeake’s South Norfolk neighborhood said he saw what appeared to be lightning, then the sky turned blue.

Then, he said, a white ball of fire shot close to the ground and appeared to burn out. He said he’s sure it was a meteor.

“It was so vivid in the sky, blinking,” he said. “It was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen.”

wow this sounds mad!!! wonder if that other object was a militry weapon of some kind???

could have been targeting the fridge like object

[edit on 30-3-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Theres already a thread about this here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Granted they're speaking meteors, but I saw it firsthand.
I don't quite know what I saw, but I'M leaning ET.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdJohnAdams

hey thanks

2nd

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Someone reported it to MUFON as well.

mufoncms.com...

. I thought i had seen a flash of some sort in the sky (though i was not looking at the sky) and then follow with a boom sound unlike the jets we have in the area. with in a few seconds later i heard the second boom not as loud. I did look up to the sky seeing nothing at this time, though it did not sound anything like the jets flying as usual. this did not sound like thunder...after that there was nothing.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I thought it was cool.

But some of the people in the news were just so lame about it. Even on myspace, everyone felt 10x cooler if they saw it.

Then the morning news comes on, and 3/4 of it is speculation of what "the boom, streak of light, etc" was, ending and starting every commercial break with a meteor flew by last time....

*yawn*
It's wasn't a UFO and I've seen plenty of shooting stars.

Whoop-dee-doo

top topics

join