It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acceptance, not fear:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
As I browse ATS more and more, each passing day my base of knowledge growing; I find myself assaulted by one underlying theme.

Fear: it is, unfortunately a part of human nature; to be wary and cautious increases the chances for survival when in unknown territory. That is, when it’s under control. As I browse ATS more and more, I find myself feeling the undercurrents of what is happening all around us like many of you also do. Fear, as suggested in the Star Wars movies, correctly I might add, is a doorway to other harmful (in abundance) emotions. Fear of something whether it is irrational fear or not, gives you a reason to hate it. Hating something that may be a threat to you is not an unreasonable thought process. You may feel anger; anger at the sheer fact that something so vile may exist, anger that it is allowed to exist and threaten others.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." It is a simple notion, fear and the consequences of fear lead to real troubles. We all know there are real problems in the world, we can all see and feel the shadows laying in wait around the corner. We cannot however, understand their nature until that future, is the past. In reality there is no reason to fear anything; that which we do not understand, we must study. If we understand where from and why those things threaten us come, they can be combated properly.

They will come, it matters not when; but why, how and from where. One must rise above the fear of futures unknown; this may be easier for you if you believe things to be fated. For those of us who believe there are choices in the matter, that things can be stopped before they occur you must understand that you can’t stop something if you don’t know its origins. How can one be sure, in this world of realities and unrealities, misdirection and half truths that one does not chase shadows, decoys? The very things they want you chasing, drawing you out into the open.

We must focus our minds; sift for the truth. Our “fears” cannot be confirmed by a story or a blurry image. When it happens, when that which threatens us is no longer hiding, that is the time to move. All one can do by destroying a decoy, is put oneself into the open to be destroyed themselves. Do not fear your enemies or their psychological tactics, for they will have already defeated you. Accept that they are your enemies and be prepared to defend when they strike, but do not live in fear of the when. Whoever you are whatever you believe, fear gives power to that which is powerless: ideas.

And that is after all, until they happen, all they are.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I dont think I've ever agreed with something on this board more than what you've posted OP. Also put quite eloquently!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Good thoughts, eNumbra. On a more national scale here in the U.S. of A., in politics, the dems and repubs both use fear in their rhetoric. Both parties resort to instigating fear against the other party, and both parties say the other party is using fear. Then they tell us we must fear the other party. It's insane that anyone falls for their fear tactics as far as I am concerned.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Such wisdom you speak of , fellow member

A conspiracy should have some legitimacy on its own, it has to be able to stand on its own legs. Rational well-intended people try as hard to search for proof and deal with them with as much wisdom as possible for the better of mankind, not just to spread fear. All we’re seeing is conspiracies being used for personal attacks, political brawl and about everything else under the sun. I can’t recall all the stupid reptilian videos out there; it’s like the witch hunt all over again.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
it’s like the witch hunt all over again.

It is exactly like that at times. The need to assign blame, scapegoating because some people can't accept that they, like all others have flaws. Sure our leaders are screwing it all up and we can blame them for doing the things they continue to do. OR we can blame those who have yet to learn that politicians are all the same. Lies have been built upon more lies and some people still don't see it; they fall into the same psychological traps as they always do.

I can point directly at times to the "I had a war dream" threads. Why does a dream about violence all of a sudden become more plausible to come true than any other? We immerse ourselves in troubling material; from aliens to banking families, the ruling elite to the rising of the masses. So what is more likely? Your negatively inundated thoughts imposing themselves on your dreams? Or you seeing a future event?

I've had precognitive dreams, so don't think that I am discounting them, I'm just saying; war being part of human nature*, and there constantly being wars all around us... dreams about war aren't special.

*if we're to believe it's not being imposed upon us by our masters.

Thank you btw to 12m8 who moved this; I'm still getting used to just how many sections ATS has.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
BRAVO! Terrific post.

I think that you make a great case for the way all people should approach even those things that give them the most pause. Fear is a great motivator, but there is no reason to be afraid of the future, as the future is never set in stone.

My only suggestion would be to be proactive in the present to secure a future you don't need to fear.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i really enjoyed reading your thread.

i do like F.D.R.'s quote too.. but still.. living without fear is the best.

Fear is your animal or physical/primal instinct. heightened senses, rapid reflexes, etc. If: you lived without fear up until you were in very certain harm/life-threating occurence (if it were to ever come to that), then you're outcomes and choices most likely would be much wiser beforehand

'the most misunderstood of man's rights is his right of free will'.
-i absolutely believe in free will. all is one, however there is choice in all matters, and factors to all.

i just thought of this example: but a person that fears 'death' for example, would have a hard time losing thought of time most-likely. It is when you lose sense of time that you begin to start to think in unison (just my thought on that, sorry if it is hard to understand).

it is when you live with out hate (you know: love is not a 'doing', love is an "allowing") that there begins this essence of what is, the rest is, in short - a journey.

Afterall, there is no time like the present.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Whoever you are whatever you believe, fear gives power to that which is powerless: ideas.

And that is after all, until they happen, all they are.

ideas

i am sorry to say that you are mistaken on this note:

Imagination is God.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Very good post and thread.

I also agree. Fear is to be seen for what it is. Not necessarily fought against, thats fearing fear, but just seen and accepted for what it is, and then acting in the way you must despite it. A man who feels no fear is not brave, he is a fool. A man who sees his fear, and does not allow it to control his actions, is a brave man. (or woman, it wasnt intended to be sexist)

We need to accept the fact that living is dangerous, and that someday, some how, we will die. And not live our whole lives in fear of that someday, some how. Living in fear is not really living. Living despite our fear, is living. See it, accept you feel it, and do not be controlled by it.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Remember that America is the "Land of the Free, and the home of the Brave." And do not let your own fears enslave you. The powers that be can only tell you that you should be afraid, and that they will protect you if you only give up _____. You are the one who makes the bargain or rejects it.

Bargain your time, your money, whatever you will, but never bargain your freedom.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by survival
Imagination is God.

Which still only holds power over you if you allow it to.

Ideas, imagination and thought processes are all inherently nothing until you act upon them.

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by eNumbra

We need to accept the fact that living is dangerous, and that someday, some how, we will die. And not live our whole lives in fear of that someday, some how. Living in fear is not really living. Living despite our fear, is living. See it, accept you feel it, and do not be controlled by it.

A possible oversimplification, but an example of the idea nonetheless: Exactly how I felt the time I went skydiving.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
fear is an illusion, but when fear becomes a reality it is best to face it head on.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
fear is an illusion, but when fear becomes a reality it is best to face it head on.

Indeed fear is an illusion... A "fantasy" of a possible outcome. It's live in the future, in the uncharted territory, of not now.

It didn't happen yet but it's in the present as emotion, trembling hands, cold sweat and heart beating. That's the present unpleasing effect of the "future".
And the usual response to effect is to take the 180 degree oppose action to try erase those effects.

new topics

top topics

join