It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artifical Intelligence is the 2012 event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I've been trolling ATS for years. I don't often post, but since the 2012 thing is heating up and we're getting closer I figured I 'd put in my 2 cents.

I did large amounts of hallucinogenic mushrooms in the 90's and got turned on to the message of Terrence McKenna. That was the first time I heard of 2012, the Mayan Calendar, TimeWave Zero, and all that stuff. A decade later it's hard to believe 2012 is almost here.

On my extreme mushroom trips during that period I focused on inquiring about Dec 21st 2012. I never got any clear answers at the time, but over the years the following picture has emerged. The one message I was able to carry back with me is that 2012 is a benign, natural event -- an unwinding of the universe. Beware those who want to turn 2012 into an apocalyptic event with their aliens, vengeful deities, and middle-earth Nazis arriving to enslave us. These sort of people want only to line their pockets with your money. Charlatans always multiply in times such as these. Anyone who claims to know for sure what is going to happen is full of crap and just wants your money or power.

But that shouldn't stop us from making educated guesses. So here is mine:

I'd be surprised if it actually happens on Dec 21st 2012, but during that year someone, somewhere is going to witness the first computer wake up and become self-aware. This event will be a demarcation point for a new era of human evolution. No longer will we evolve biologically, but we will manage our own evolution using advanced computer technologies. Kurzweil is right -- the age of spiritual machines is upon us. Most people won't even notice it happened. It'll hit the news cycle and disappear that year. But this is the event that begins the next 3600 year Mayan baktun.

If enough people want an apocalypse, someone will find a way to make it happen. As for me, I hope to eventually download my consciousness into a computer and upload it to an advanced cybernetic body. I don't want to live forever, but 1000 years would be cool.

Peace out.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefbluefeather

Well thats one of the better ones i must say infact its the most sane lol!!

Ill hegde me bets and join ya with that upload download thing

forever is abit long tho hehe mind you wouldnt be as boring being inside a computer

wonder if you would have a phatom body?? people get that dont they who have there body parts severed?

anyways interesting!!

woops S+f

[edit on 30-3-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
You sure you didn't take those shrooms and accidently switch the channel to The Terminator?

Your post describes the The Terminator plot.

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
1000 years sound good, but then something must change, a 1000 years of just going to work aint all that !

But, as your message is pretty simular to what I heard Jordan Maxwell was talking about on Alex Jones.
Do you think you are talking the same event, as he talked about the Rising Sun and cyborgs, if you will, could you give more info on the 'self-awere' bit ?? I think, therefor I am ?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
OK, now this is a little more plausible then random visitors from far reaches of the universe ( not going to discount that though ). I can absolutely see where from our constant technological use, through some
form of another, computers, the internet itself becomes an actual entity, if it is not already. It would be kinda cool to download to some hardware a little more sturdy, but that would completely destroy sex I would assume.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
LOL! Nice one Op! I was going to start a thread on Avenging Pink Fairies being the 2012 'event' but I decided that the subject is already so polluted with a phenomenal amount trash that I didn't want to add to it.

Let me just pause for a second to roll me eyes

I've been trolling ATS for years

You mean lurking on ATS? Anyhow... if that's the case, you should be aware that drug references are against T&C matey!

Shrooms = Naughty Naughty

IRM

[edit on 30/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Hi there!
Nice hypothesis but I believe the 2012 mark is about something more important but maybe in some way it concerns AI too since it would concern ..well, all things.

Manipulation of Time and Matter is the 2012 event by all logical speculation applied to this hypothesis.

We live in the so called information age where we now realized that the right information at the right time is the most valuable resource that ever was and that will be. While true, that was human civilizations most prized resource since the dawn of human intelligence. It was always and always will be an information age throughout our existence. The Mayan calendar responsible for the 2012 Time line marks each not only the 2012 dates (which is the last one according to that calendar) but a plethora of others which consecutively mark major shifts in earths history and also in human civilization.
A time line mark works like this:

You have a specific number which is a date to mark precisely a change in the data you have processed. Human and cosmic events are in a constant flow, no precise and fixed number can be given, except as a marker. 2012 A.D. would also mean 1962 A.D. (-50 years) or even 2062 (+50 years), or even 1912 (-100 years) and 2112 (+100 years)
By around this time the human race would have to be able to start calculating ways to manipulate Time and Space to find new ways of covering large distances in Outer Space.
If we study the Mayan calendar we will witness that the marks that are close to the 2012 mark have been placed more frequently and the in between time intervals represent shorter and shorter time periods.

What the knowledge of manipulation of Time and Matter will reveal to the human civilization is a question of another matter (no pun), BUT whatever predictions relevant to the logic and philosophy, even method of intelligent processing of the entire Mayan calendar from its first mark to its final mark which is 2012 A.D might be ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT after the 2012 mark.
A new era of processing information begins.

Earth will still be orbiting in the same position.
Humans will always do whatever they were doing.
Nature will continue to behave like it always had along with all stellar bodies in our neighborhood, probably but there is a major difference, in the way we could be comprehending all of this.

"Perception" of events is the natural medium between any event itself and our consciousness.

WE WILL BE PROCESSING INFORMATION IN A DIFFERENT WAY than the one we used to, or if anyone prefers, the Mayan calendar predicts that we will be doing so, and since the right piece of information at the right time is the most valuable resource we ever had and we will ever have, anyone that manages to mark around which general date we would be accomplishing this ought to have mark this with big bold letters. Mayans did, it is the end of their calendar, nothing can be more obvious than that.
That is what the 2012 mark is probably all about.

Cheers!

[edit on 30-3-2009 by spacebot]

The Mayan calendar could be wrong too though.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
LOL! Nice one Op! I was going to start a thread on Avenging Pink Fairies being the 2012 'event' but I decided that the subject is already so polluted with a phenomenal amount trash that I didn't want to add to it.

Let me just pause for a second to roll me eyes

I've been trolling ATS for years

You mean lurking on ATS? Anyhow if that's the case, you should be aware that drug references are against T&C matey!

Shrooms = Naughty Naughty

IRM

[edit on 30/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

Shrooms are legal here and much of the civilised world, bad luck if you live in some anti-freedom country

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To anyone whos interested in AI and technological evolution should read up at least the first quarter of "The Singularity is Near" by Ray Kurzweil. He specifically states that a rise of AI to above human level and allowing our intelligence to itergrate with it is not only plausible but quite inevitable.

The implications are stagering but i wont go into them, for the sake of knowledge, the advocation of the rise of AI is known as Singularitarianism (wikipedia it)

As for 2012, Ray states specifically that this increase in technological ability will reach its "infinity point" inbetween 2010 and 2025. And that infinity point is dervied from when technology is advancing so much at such a speed that it can no longer be measured by any concept other than infinity. Personally i'd say that it is completely related and the previous post about the change in information perception is a highly educted assumption.

For my personal reasons i hope that 2012 will also mark a time of a great concious shift, a giant leap towards unity wich is the nature of the universe.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefbluefeather
I'd be surprised if it actually happens on Dec 21st 2012, but during that year someone, somewhere is going to witness the first computer wake up and become self-aware.

Finally, someone is onto the right stuff here in the whole 2012 jungle! A star and a flag to you, my friend.

As for the A.I.: both yes and no. The threat of A.I. will arise, but first after the 1000 year period of peace.

Those of you who will survive the upcoming events and won't go aboard the spaceships and stay on this planet, will be introduced to the first stages of A.I. But for a 1000 years, you will underestimate the A.I. and after those 1000 years of piece, the war between humans and machines will brake lose.

We are heading towards some interesting times.

Read all the details here.

Peace,
Mulder

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Can a spirit be created without God? Or can we just make something really smart? I guess im going to have to do my research. But Artificial Intelligence? The internet its own entity? I dont know what to think on 2012, but i think it just means we will have some kind of intervention, im not sure through who, but we will see. I dont think any of us will have a clue of what is to come....not one person.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I also believe the OP scenario is credible, connected supercomputers will wake up, become aware and a new sentient being is born. Just a few dots; IBM, Blue Gene, supercomputer, International BUSiness MAchines - Mabus (Nostradamus Century II, Quatrain 62), Blue Turban (above the head), Cloud computing, Singularity, Google query.. KAUST .

To the above poster, "Can a spirit be created without God?"
You will find that most Ai people are atheists, there is no ghost in the shell. Key is sentient.
Sing. Inst.

Bye.

[edit on 2009/4/14 by reugen]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
theres actually a movie coming out pretty much based on this...with bruce willis...think its called Surrogates

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Artificial intelligence will play a large role in the future, but 2012 is too soon for a computer to develope a conscious. Around 2012 computers will probably only appear to have a conscious, as in technology like the virtual relationship from project natal, but then in a far more advanced stadium.

We also probably won't live to see the day when it's possible to upload one's brain into a computer.
Although if they hurry up with the gene manipulation technology so they can prelong a human's lifespan, we may have a chance to live as an android one day.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by BcnDiamond]

new topics

top topics

join