It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Panamint Range, Death Valley?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A member of my motorcycle tour group caught this image of an aircraft on the way to the Charcoal Kilns in the mountains which I think are a part of DV National Park (Saturday March 21st, '09 , apx. 3pm) . The trippy bit is that nobody in our group of four saw or heard an aircraft at the time the photo was taken. I don't consider myself an aircraft buff, but I'm still facinated by military jets and would have definitely looked up if I heard one. Due to the proximity of the supposed jet, it's a wonder that nobody noticed it:

(I'm the only guy riding, three others were still stopped on the side of the road when the photo was shot and nobody heard or saw anything, including Tobes who shot the photo...)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gts_rider

if it ain't photoshop, that 's an interesting picture

seems Alien, i starred and flag

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Looks like a kite. I have seen a UFO that had very similar qualities a couple years ago, but this one I would say is a very cool kite.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Looks like a kite. I have seen a UFO that had very similar qualities a couple years ago, but this one I would say is a very cool kite.

It could be a kite, I don't know. Though I don't think it's a kite due to the remote location the photo was taken from. I just don't see anyone breaking out a kite up where we were riding. Oh, and I'm 99% sure this is not a photchop. The guy that took the photo seems to be leaning towards skeptic. He sent me the full res photo and has some interest in finding out what it was. If not for someone on the motorcycle list questioning the spec in the sky on the original low-res posted version, it would have not have gone this far...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Thats a kite, or F-22 Raptor.

Dave? Is that you?

That's funny, I have pics right here of the Kilns from last year.
Made the hike to Telescope Peak last year, slept up there for three nights. Saw LOTS of aircraft, but nothing that defied known abilities.

Crazy that other people go up there, and come to this site.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

Thats a kite, or F-22 Raptor.

Dave? Is that you?

No, not Dave, it's Rick here...

I believe a F-22 over a kite. If that's the case, I'm amazed on how quiet they are...

I'm just another nutcase motorcylist trippin' around on California's most obscure roads. Partly because there's still stuff I haven't seen, and mostly because the obscure roads have no speed controls...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well did your mate who took the photo say it hovered ? Or didn't he notice it when taking the shot?
Im thinking your motorcycle bud might of played a little trick on you ? hehe

Anyway it looks good , kinda does look like a kite or a modern aircraft from behind .. hard to say.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl
Well did your mate who took the photo say it hovered ? Or didn't he notice it when taking the shot?
Im thinking your motorcycle bud might of played a little trick on you ? hehe

Anyway it looks good , kinda does look like a kite or a modern aircraft from behind .. hard to say.

Hmmm...I'm new here. Not sure how to respond. On most webboards I participate in, it's normal courtesy to 'actually read' the starting post before you post questions that have already been answered.

Same time, the foregoing response seems almost hostile as I typed it...not the case, I'm just say'in...

"The trippy bit is that nobody in our group of four saw or heard an aircraft at the time the photo was taken. I don't consider myself an aircraft buff, but I'm still facinated by military jets and would have definitely looked up if I heard one. Due to the proximity of the supposed jet, it's a wonder that nobody noticed it:

(I'm the only guy riding, three others were still stopped on the side of the road when the photo was shot and nobody heard or saw anything, including Tobes who shot the photo...) "

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
There are most likelysince death valley is uncharted and umm.yeah DEATH.Or maybe they have a base there a contact?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Hmmm, looks like a kite to me.

But then, who's to say a particular UFO design doesn't resemble a kite!

spikey.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
1st Line: Kite

2nd Line: Kite

3rd Line: Kite

I maybe think it is a kite?

REALLY! Yes Really

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't know if it is a kite, but among the possible hypotheses kite fits best.

And a kite is unlikely, but not as unlikely as the ET hypothesis. HT Mr Occam.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looks like it could be something along one of these lines to me:

en.wikipedia.org...(DARPA)
en.wikipedia.org...

I am unfamiliar with the area you are near in the picture. Is it near an AFB or a Navy installation?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Evidently some of you have never been in the area,who in the world would be flying a kite there?,we go off roading there sometimes,I've seen a lot of things,but kites weren't one of them,btw we used to go to Furnace creek for spring break,thats going back almost 40 yrs ago,maybe a fighter jet from China Lake

new topics

top topics

join