It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milton, MA. man decapitates sister on birthday murder spree

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Agreed, Donnieee, Star!

No, revenge won't. But that's a dif topic...

Here, the brother was shot & killed in defense of the remaining, living 9-yr-old sister who had the courage and wherewithall to call the authorities, and was being assaulted by the deranged murderous brother!

Cops aren't supposed to shoot people, unless they are threatening a life.

That's why I applauded them this time around.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

chimps arn`t quite as cuddly as people want to believe

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

Regards replies, no worries. I think its truely important that we carry with us as rational people , the weight of knowlege of our sin as a race. Though I personaly do not go round murdering up the place, its still a shame upon me that others do. Its also a shame on me , that others kill rainforests without thought for replanting, its a shame that governments in the developed world ensure thier supplies of illegal drugs are never late.
If we EVER allow ourselves to forget what we have already done, or failed to do , then we will never prosper by learning from those mistakes, those deliberate acts, and those acts perpetrated in ignorance or hatred. The victims of the sins of the many , can rarely speak for themselves. I guess I would have trouble protesting my cause if I was six feet under in a pine box as well .
Point being that to blame these things on religion and not on bad psychology, is us letting old dogma get in the way of dealing with it some how. " Oh well yeah , he killed a bunch of people , but he was possesed by an ancient spirit of death ,so theres nothing that can be done really", worked real well about four hundred or so years ago, in even the most developed of countries, but theres no excuse now, other than failiures in the psychological assesment of persons like the perp in this instance.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
On the media:

You hear about crap like this more often because the media seeks out this stuff to bring to the public like a bunch of famished zombies. The media, in cases like these, shows no class or self control and rarely ever shos respect to the dead or the family.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I read the story. I said details were sketchy because it was reported a bit differently on tv. But where in the story does it say "the 5 year old was allready dead , teh 17 year old bleeding..."?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here's some of the latest information on the suspect. He looks to have been a bit deranged with a long record of violence against persons, family and otherwise:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Zindo

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

its how i read it when they reported :

Revelus targeted his 17-year-old sister Samantha first, before attacking five-year-old Bianca as her birthday cake sat on a table nearby.

follwed by

The man was shot dead by police as he headed for his nine-year-old sister, Sarafina Revelus

and

Police arrived as Revelus was attacking Sarafina

and the first line of

A US man decapitated his five-year-old sister at her birthday party

which is why i said what i did

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Next_Heap_With
When was the last time an elephant or a chimp beheaded one of their own......

goes to show you...we are messed up in the head...

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

Well, murder is not unknown among chimps. Beheading with a knife may be, but thats because chimps lack knives.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Primatologist Jane Goodall found an infamous exception to this notion of passive females in 1976 with what she dubbed a "barbarous murder" by chimpanzees named Passion and Pom. This cannibalistic mother-daughter duo together killed and ate at least three chimp infants at Gombe Park in Tanzania, with Goodall herself intervening once to prevent another death by shouting and throwing sticks and stones.

Humans are just animals, like any other animal, regardless what we want to think both of ourselves and animals. We tend to view one or the other through rose colored glasses instead of seeing them for what they are.

The young man was clearly a highly disturbed individual. It is a shame he wasnt identified as someone with mental problems before this happened.

I cant even imagine how not only his sisters, but anyone murdered by a loved one must feel as the event is unfolding. It is just a damn shame. And its a shame that we do so little to identify the mentally ill and either remove them from society by institutionalizing them if they are dangerous, or make sure those who are not dangerous get the help they need to live decent lives.

Its so sad.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
HELLO EVERYONE! just to let you all know I went to High school with and knew Kerby personally, this was about 8-9 years ago, he was a funny and care free person at the time, he was well known and generally well liked by most. I guess things must have changed since then, I cannot imagine why he would commit such a senseless act, It just doesn't make any sense, such beautiful young lives gone to waste in such a tragic way it saddens and upsets me to see.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thanks for reply, Brit.

You're right about all humans bearing the sins of all humans, there's an old prayer that goes something like: 'Whatever you do to the least of my bretheren, you do to ME'...

Shame we're all part of a race of beings, whom some commit atrocities like this.

And the psychological aspect you mention has importance, to some degree, if a person believes in it... But for me, it doesn't always make sense, because too many homicidal rampages take place by people with no record either criminal, or mental.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Great link, Zindo, thanks!

InTheFlow; Thanks for the personal info about Kerby and you in H.S.!

I found this article with pictures, and more info, including how it was Samantha (the 17-yr-old sister) who placed the call to police, and was still alive, but loosing strength, so she handed the phone to Sarafina (the 9-yr-old sister).

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlow

It could be drugs. Not saying it was, but certain drugs can have a pretty disastrous effect on peoples brains. I grew up in a very poor area and saw first hand the effect certain street drugs can have on people. It can literally make them seem to be another human being entirely. If you say he used to be nice and friendly with no sign of this, maybe he got into something that changed the way his brain worked.

It also could have been just some underlying mental illness that finally reared its ugly head. We will probably never know for certain what would make someone kill their own sisters so brutally.

Thanks for posting and giving us some insight.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This would happen way less if this country was tougher on crimes, fist of I strongly support the death Penalty for one reason only it gets rid of the person Period, no chance for Release. We are to soft on a number of crimes and in fact I think the DP needs to apply to repast and child molesters also. Then we could free up space for people like this young man who should have been jailed in the first place.

Just like the case in Oakland with the guy who killed the 4 cops, He should have still been in jail! These are the cases where Justice obviously fails in this county.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlow
HELLO EVERYONE! just to let you all know I went to High school with and knew Kerby personally, this was about 8-9 years ago, he was a funny and care free person at the time, he was well known and generally well liked by most. I guess things must have changed since then, I cannot imagine why he would commit such a senseless act, It just doesn't make any sense, such beautiful young lives gone to waste in such a tragic way it saddens and upsets me to see.

Maybe he was mentally ill?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This happened in my town. I was at a friends house 2 streets away from where it happened when I found out (about 2 hours after the act). Rumor has it Kerby was either smoking crack, or a blunt laced with crack. A couple of my friends used to buy ganga from him years ago, so I don't think the crack story is to far fetched.

I didn't know any of the people involved, but I know A LOT of people who did, and the entire town is shocked. Westboro Baptist Church is coming to protest the funeral (tomorrow, April 4th, I believe) and they're going to get one heck of a surprise.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join