It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re: Humanoid Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Why do UFO proponents, "contactees," "abductees" and other supporters always seem to depict their aliens as humanoid? Why are they insistent that these alleged life-forms follow the human body-plan?

This goes against our understanding of science and all current biological models of how life evolved on earth, let alone other worlds. Even if the entire process of evolution on earth were re-simulated with all of the original parameters of biological genesis in place, we still wouldn't come out looking the same. So why would a visitor from an alien world look like us?

It's a near guarantee that they wouldn't.

Let me give you one example ( out of possible billions: )

Let's start with a world that could serve as a location for our hypothetical biosphere. It's a low-gravity, Titan-like moon with an upper atmosphere saturated in energy rich polymers powered by the radiation and magnetic fields of the central planet. These gradually filter down various strata where assorted types of hunter-gather clades develop alongside other more stationary biota. The entire pace of life is incredibly slow and almost frozen in comparison to our earth-like perception of time. Things live for extraordinarily long periods, and evolution itself takes a virtual eternity to run its course.

Eventually, a sentient race emerges. Their biochemistry is based on liquid hydrocarbons, fullerenes, ammonia and nitrogen causing them to appear as a very large and bizarre crab-like or spider-like configuration that only vaguely resembles anything that we could recognize. They move and function so slowly that they can barely be perceived to be living things at all. Their senses are not visual or aural - instead, relying predominantly on sonar-like transmission and detection. (This means no written language or art, but instead similar concepts being employed with geometric configurations and textures conveying the equivalent.)

These beings become the dominant species of the planet and go on to discover space exploration after millions and millions of years of slow advancement.

Incidentally, long distance or sub-relativistic journeys would not be a problem for this species as the passage of time is not really an issue considering their pace of life and perception. Traveling to a distant star system would be no more strenuous to them than sending someone to the moon is for us. Their technology would be based on cryobiology, developed from low-temperature life feeding on Titan-like or Kuiper-belt environments and growing the necessary structures out of polymers, ice and frozen gas. So, basically some VERY exotic stuff. They prefer to compile constructs in orbit or on dead, moon-like worlds without atmospheres.

Their technology, aesthetics, psychology and even architecture would be absolutely mind-bending to behold. If their machinery were put before a population of human beings for examination, almost nothing useful could be extracted from them aside from the fact that they would be quite obviously "alien." Their 'ships' and other components melt, explode or "die" when exposed to earth temperatures and pressures and any 'probes' sent to earth would have to be "custom-made" to adhere to our planets physical constraints. Their behaviors and methods of construction would be a profoundly disturbing sight to anyone first attempting to make sense out of them, and communication or any relative attempts at contact would be extremely difficult requiring a number of years of careful study.

And that is just ONE example of ONE type of world that life could develop on.

This does not take into account how gaseous, Jovian life would develop if it became sentient. (But it's probably safe to say that they'd probably make the guys I just described look pretty normal in comparison.)

My point is this: Considering the possibilities of life in the universe, how intelligent life developed on earth, and how the mechanism of evolution itself works - the idea of humanoid aliens is absurd

[edit on 3/29/2009 by LogicalResponse]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Unless of course we're all somehow related?

That option is as likely as any other.... perhaps more so?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Because there experiences occur with beings that are humanoid. This is something they get exposed to. Its not like you can see a grey, then depict a gaseous creature to satisfy a skeptics idea or theory of how the universe works. My question is, with so many experiencers on so many levels, including extremely credentialled folk in the disclosure program, militia, pilots, police officers even, including ordinary grass roots people, how it is that so many want to disregard all the testimony and run with their own pet theories?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
maybe the aliens are humanoid because that's the most common genetic blueprint for sentient beings. we cannot say for sure because we clearly do not know, so assuming its not is just ignorant (or disinfo).

humanoids have five appendages that extrude from our core; head, two arms, two legs. we have five fingers, and five toes on each hand/foot. makes sense to me. why would a sentient being have three legs and one arm? because that's illogical. i also don't don't know for sure, and neither do you.

so im going to go ahead and believe the eye witnesses over your opinion, which is just an opinion with no evidence to back your claims.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Unless of course we're all somehow related?

That option is as likely as any other.... perhaps more so?

Considering that there is absolutely no evidence in the human genome (or in what is called our "DNA fingerprint") of any outside interference or development, I would say that's a big no.

The only other way this idea would be workable is if these beings were provolved or uplifted versions of existing human beings or genetic strains.

And that's assuming they even exist at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I myself saw a grey at 4 or 5, and the modern depictions of them are pretty accurate, not to mention that they are humanoid. As are nordics. This seems to be the most common form at least in the kind of physical life forms that we're used to. I'm sure there are other types too, but not as commonly visiting us or contacting us.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Even if the entire process of evolution on earth were re-simulated with all of the original parameters of biological genesis in place, we still wouldn't come out looking the same.

2 key missing parts to your argument. God and missing links in evolution..

Now on another side note if god and the evolution bit are mixed in some way "just the way life is made"

The universe HAS rules it HAS set paramiters for EVERYTHING that is located inside of it.. A human if it was not created by god IS like others have said the basic "shape" of a bieing of our type..

Think of creation more in shapes than about brains, the universe does not care what you think because it made you, but it will still make others just the same as we.

Thats why every sun and planet is round its because its MENT to be that shape.. maybe in another crackpot universe suns are square! hehe who knows but for now.. humans and aliens ARE just one type of alien.. im sure the universe is as diverse as our own planet and for every living thing on this planet is will have a counterpart in space

logical and proberble just becuase of the sheer size of it and that little word we call infinity

; ) the only alien race who will ever visit earth are Huminods "to contact us" or study us..

unless we find a very pissed off space shark type alien "never good to swim with sharks" ; )

just wanted to add another thing - we look like THEM not the other way round if that is the case..

earth is 5 billion years old at the best guess or close humans are only 250,000 years old in the making or there abouts..

the sun has a life of 10billion years or something.. WE look like THEM regardless of what you think the universe is OLD and we are the new kids on the block!!

aliens morst problerly come here to study us more than anything to find out how we see the universe.. as it would help them understand wtf it is we are in..

And for not one minute do i think aliens have a clue what god is just like us, they may have a better grasp of how the universe works but they are just as far away from the truth as me and you and as far away as to finding it out.

Infinity owns us all thats a FACT "untill u pop ur clogs ofcs" then its game over :p

[edit on 29-3-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by aeroslag
maybe the aliens are humanoid because that's the most common genetic blueprint for sentient beings.

What "genetic blueprint" could exist if that life evolved from an entirely exotic chemistry?

The need for Si-O-Si-etc bonds in chains wouldn't even be required, or the involvement of any complex proteins for that matter.

There is no such thing as a "common genetic blueprint" in the sense that you're presenting it.

we cannot say for sure because we clearly do not know, so assuming its not is just ignorant (or disinfo).

No. We cannot say for sure because we only have one example of intelligent life to work with - ourselves. For the sake of debate this has been disregarded, not to mention that UFO supporters already begin with the assertion that "aliens absolutely exist."

The use of terms such as "disinfo" and the like is indicative of the kind of speech used by UFO and conspiracy nuts to suggest some sort of subversive plot to "misinform the public!"

We are discussing the possibility of xenobiology and how it would develop in different environments.

humanoids have five appendages that extrude from our core; head, two arms, two legs. we have five fingers, and five toes on each hand/foot. makes sense to me. why would a sentient being have three legs and one arm? because that's illogical.

Are you aware of how appendages develop? If you are, you'd already realize that the only thing illogical here is that you propose every sentient living thing must have two legs, two arms, and a head.

i also don't don't know for sure, and neither do you.

At no point in this article has anything been presented as absolute knowledge of how ET life developed.

so im going to go ahead and believe the eye witnesses over your opinion,

It's anyone's ignorant prerogative to accept ridiculous gray man claims without any evidence. This place is full of em.

By all means...

which is just an opinion with no evidence to back your claims.

I'm making a claim?

Huh. Interesting. I don't see one.

I do recall making a point that the existence humanoid aliens is incredibly unlikely, however.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
Even if the entire process of evolution on earth were re-simulated with all of the original parameters of biological genesis in place, we still wouldn't come out looking the same.

2 key missing parts to your argument. God and missing links in evolution..

Forgive me for saying, but I don't believe god or creationism play any significant role in science.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I myself saw a grey at 4 or 5, and the modern depictions of them are pretty accurate, not to mention that they are humanoid. As are nordics. This seems to be the most common form at least in the kind of physical life forms that we're used to. I'm sure there are other types too, but not as commonly visiting us or contacting us.

There exists no tangible evidence that any of these sort of events even occurred. Only anecdotes, second-hand testimonies, and various stories.

Without evidence, there is no proof. Without proof, how can anyone even be expected to believe it's happening?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Can you first explain your thread title, makes no sense to me

Grays reptilians et al

Got me confused

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalResponse

well the do play a role, not in the methord granted but science is the understanding of the same question.. and that is how the hell did we get here and why??

Some like to use religon and thats fine with me to seek answers but some of us "myself included" like science more as a hard core proof ect, now with this question we get alot of double speek also.. one poster said its not logical to have three legs and 1 arm, and this is very correct why is it not logical? because the universe IS logical its not logical to us lot because we are still asking why!

the sun is a logical shape and so is the earth and thats why we dont get square panlets and suns

you see its about symmerty and the universe has rules to this affect humaoids regardelss of the chemical makeup or "dna" im guessing they do have dna.. no matter how mind bogglingy different will be more or less based on the same paramaters as our own..

The way the universe creates everything is in accordance to how the universe was infact created itself ect..

everything inside of the universe is a mix of everything we are infact made from "or be it abit of it" in that respect..

if you look at it another way... whatever made the universe enfact gave rise to us by a set of rules to be able to ask WHY it did.. maybe the big differnce in a speices is why bother asking in the first place? or why keep asking, when infact the problibily of you finding it out are 0

now ask yourself is the question meaning full or is it a paramater in order for you to function as a being?

i think you will find its the latter of the two questions, its how you was made and we aint going to escape it anytime soon. well unless we end up like T-rex and company

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well infact We are the very proof you need for it to happen.. or you agree that god made us?

You see what i fail to understand is the argument sometimes.. we cant have it both ways

Humans can not be the only inteligent life in the entire universe because the univers self replicats = other aliens

If god made humans and we are infact here all on our billy no mates then i think we as humans are the biggest joke and god has a bad day and made us to keep him entertained for abit? I cant see that happening but i can see God creating the universe "fits in abit better that way".. and everything in it according to 2 simple laws

for everything there is a counterpart and the middle part is the question that keeps everything in balance

yin and yang

and = question

so there is always 3 things 2 outcomes and the question required for the outcomes, from this everything in the univers has a meaning and a place just like you and me.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Can you first explain your thread title, makes no sense to me

Grays reptilians et al

Got me confused

Here you go:

It is now titled "Re: Humanoid Aliens"

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Are you saying that life originates from a common, mystical and unknown force in the universe, symmetricAvenger? Like a god or religious-type figure?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Is it really that far of a stretch to think that Aliens have humanoid appearence.
just on earth itself we have many animals with very similar features,
2 arms and 2 legs, primates and great apes.
then we have lemurs and bush baby's
even a mouse or rat will hold food in it's front feet/hands.
we have pandas, and bears, all having 2 front and 2 back legs and able to walk up right.
predatory animals have forward facing eyes as well as 2 ears one nose with 2 nostrils.

so really, we arn't all that unique as far as design goes, If an alien looked like a dolphin do you think that they would be contacting dolphins?

maybe we are the ones contacted because we are the ones that most resemble them and not the other way around.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
i dont know what god is if i was honest.. but i still think the concept of a supper "thing" is ok with me
dont think its a bloke in a toga tho hehe..

but kinda to answer your question about creation then the answer is most deffinelty yes..

If infact we are here as consiquece of the laws of nature then nature shows us and does indeed the universe we are very arogant and blind if we think we are alone

How many suns? "all the same shape"

how many planets "all the same shap"

how many ect ect

what do they all have in common? RULES that the universe is based on.. you see its about mathmatics.. you can let someone tell you its not possible because we are special "when thats the god theory right there" or you can admit we aint specail and get on with the job of staying here..

we sadly have not made up our minds even when the facts are stairing us right in the face..

Look up at the sky and tell me what you see is not a patten of the most awesomeness nature you have seen.. then go pick up a leafe and tell me that what ur looking at in the sky did not make that leaf

there is your answer

Life is out there... We are ifact "out there"... its how the universe WORKS becuase if it didnt work that way YOU and ME would not be having this debate would we?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

you make a valid point. but how many things live on this planet? take a wild guess
or try look it up

then ask yourself this.. why are humans human? becuase the rules of the game require them...

Its not a lottery what so ever its all based on scale.. once you have a planet with the right paramters for life then ONCE is enough to get humans.. "look a likes" they may not be HUMAN in the way most people think but there architecture will be based on the very same thing that made us lot..

mathamtical logical and proberble in all respects.. now would that life be intelegent.. well yes it would .. just like we are does anything els know we are?

they dont care is the answer.. the only things that care about intelegence is US

why would an alien CARE how smart we are? becuase it to is as clueless as humans about the nature of life...

they may have a better grasp of the workings of the universe but they just like us are as totaly dumbfounded as to how life "happens" because the rules change very much

life does not come from INSIDE the universe it comes from OUTSIDE thats why we cant "create it" only "propergate it" "making babies"
or whatever...

but back on topic more so.. you have to understand what alien infact means.. it just a lifeform not of this planet.. and why would a plant like alien thing want to build a ship when its quite happy just being a plant!

we are the only things on this planet who think the way we do so the only aliens that will bother to investigate or make contact are like minded as us..

big key give away to aliens is mother nature and what and were we stand in it..

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Is it really that far of a stretch to think that Aliens have humanoid appearence.
just on earth itself we have many animals with very similar features,
2 arms and 2 legs, primates and great apes.
then we have lemurs and bush baby's
even a mouse or rat will hold food in it's front feet/hands.
we have pandas, and bears, all having 2 front and 2 back legs and able to walk up right.
predatory animals have forward facing eyes as well as 2 ears one nose with 2 nostrils.

Correct, munkey, but we have also evolved from the same genetic format that all mammals share. Especially primates.

Almost every creature native to a planet would be expected to share numerous physical traits with others of the same origin. Yes, predators will develop forward facing eyes considering the environment they hunt in and especially when we consider their predecessors.

Something from another planet, with absolutely no similarities to earth...will get pretty weird pretty fast. At least by our standards. Would eyes even be a viable sense organ in some environments?

so really, we arn't all that unique as far as design goes, If an alien looked like a dolphin do you think that they would be contacting dolphins?

I'm not sure how that would even happen, exactly.

maybe we are the ones contacted because we are the ones that most resemble them and not the other way around.

I don't think we've been contacted by any form of ETI. But assuming we even were, I don't see why they would even remotely resemble earth life.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Why do UFO proponents, "contactees," "abductees" and other supporters always seem to depict their aliens as humanoid? Why are they insistent that these alleged life-forms follow the human body-plan?

because that's what they seen with their own eye's

and why is it you don't seem to be able to believe the millions of Alien sightings people have reported ?

can't handle the truth ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join