It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Antarctica deception!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
there is satelite imagry of antartica the other reason you cant zoom in with google earth is because google earths really close zooms are done by passing planes satelites are not the best or ideal for close pics, i know there are a lot of goelogists trying to find meteorites there because it is easier to find them there

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimnal

Google earths images do not come entirely from satellites anyway.

Satellites do not take pictures, well unless they are spy satellites which I am assuming arent used to composite google earth images

This is how google earth gets its images and why its is a useless tool for examining....well anything really

It maps the Earth by the superimposition of images obtained from satellite imagery, aerial photography and GIS 3D globe

Im also assuming the only data recieved from google earth over Antartica is from the polar orbit satellites NOAA 17 and NOAA18, with little or no aerial photography. So that accounts for it not being very detailed

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

rechecks dates

well spoted oz - he claims to have gone in the depths of winter and returned in high summer - a very strange schedule

i dunno about everyone else - but BAS [ brittish antarctic survey ] the organisation responsible for all brittish bases

runns thier ` summer season ` from october to march

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
is he gonna react or is the end of the fairy tale.

the first thing which just couldn't fit in reality and already put out in the discussion. how did you carry with you enough gas to travel 5 days trough antartica, what about shelter! like you said people die under these temperatures. i would really want to believe you found something extraordinary but what did you found. but your story lacks completeness could you give us also the coordinates of your position back than.

come on man!!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by serenityone

so, you're telling us, the NAZIs have a fortress out there in the antarctic and its fully manned and operational. To top it off, the gov'ts of the world are in on it.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by reject]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

The Magic of Findhorn
This "center of light" spiritual community turns forty

You never know what can be accomplished in a harsh terrain.

Who knows what lies in the peaks of antartica? Have you never heard the peaks of the Himalayas hold a place that is like this?

Just use your imagination!

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What you saw was probably something extra-terrestrial (a covnent maybe) as bored from the cold as you guys were.

My beliefs on Antartica is that theres a special treaty with aliens to cut ice and transport it to their home planets.

I wanna ask Serenityone, did you also hear about a suposedly huge thermal test explosion that wiped the whole ozone layer into outterspace? We are told that CFC gas are the cause of the ozone hole at the south pole but it'd ratered be all because of that Nuclear like explosion.

And also, is there a supposely magnetic wormhole were time stopped due to angular moment? I hear the clock on a weather ballon was stuck in the 1800s ...!

Anyways, there are such mysteries in the South Pole...like these observatory seeing Planet X and not telling anyone because of the Moratory....

I'm quite curious about what you saw. Sound X-Filish to me or like the movie "The Thing"...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desmond
My beliefs on Antartica is that theres a special treaty with aliens to cut ice and transport it to their home planets.

Yes and I supposed that easily hidden from the thousands of civilian scientists down there each year

I wanna ask Serenityone, did you also hear about a suposedly huge thermal test explosion that wiped the whole ozone layer into outterspace? We are told that CFC gas are the cause of the ozone hole at the south pole but it'd ratered be all because of that Nuclear like explosion.

What you are proposing isnt only impossibel, but also bloody hilarious!! Did the ozone layer above Hiroshima put the ozone into outer space?

And also, is there a supposely magnetic wormhole were time stopped due to angular moment? I hear the clock on a weather ballon was stuck in the 1800s ...!

I hope it wasnt one of our weather balloons

Anyways, there are such mysteries in the South Pole...like these observatory seeing Planet X and not telling anyone because of the Moratory....

Impossible again. If something was observable from the south pole, then it would be visible from the entire southern hemisphere....since Im in the southern hemisphere, and havent seen Nibiru, then I guess we can easily tell which one of us is correct.

Oh, and those images taken from the south pole have been debunked on ATS before, just in case you were wondering

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Desmond

Desmond, some interesting questions you ask!

I do think we have given the OP a lot of ideas, and with your s/n, a few more possibilities for the series"Lost."

This might have something to do with the polar bears that happened in the first couple of years, remember?

If they want ideas from us for the searies, they can pay us!

Yes, it seems like a thought from the X-files, but admitt it, people love lostl, becaiuse it is an extension of the X-file, and with even FBI involvement.

I see a person diggin here for ideas. LOL, we should all ask for credit, it hey get anything from us.

Live and learn, years ago, I mentioned in a chat that, Disney should make a movie out of the pirate stop on disney rides. LOL, my mistake! I should have gone straight to Disney with my idea! I'd be a millionare, a few times over!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Using google maps-satellite photos over any part of antartica is a total waste of time. The pictures are severelly fudged to the point where it is impossible to make anything out at a 20 mile zoom level. Try it yourself!

Thats not the case when zooming over any other continent. It seems very odd to me!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I dont know whats at the antarctic.....base, ufo, hole in the pole, snow, a eskimo party...whaever.

But if there was something serious there that they wnted to keep secret. I would think is may be possible to censor/alter any data or satelite imagery.

But with satnavs and current shop technology would it be possible to make or create a false north pole. I dunno some technology that creates a false pole. The point being everyone thinks the exact magnetic pole is in one place when it is in another place not necessarily that far away though.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Using google maps-satellite photos over any part of antartica is a total waste of time. The pictures are severelly fudged to the point where it is impossible to make anything out at a 20 mile zoom level. Try it yourself!

Thats not the case when zooming over any other continent. It seems very odd to me!

Hey I covered it on an above post

I also created this thread a while back if its helpful

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So your telling us that conventional satellite imagery can only zoom to 20 miles to give us a relatively "crisp image"? Do you even realise that spy satellites can zoom to 1 meter? I don't expect this kind of detail of course but between 1 meter and 20 miles, well......come on!

And I am not even talking about aerial photography which seems to be a lame excuse to hide anything government(s) wants hidden from public view. The easiest thing in the world is for google to claim most of the images are from "aerial photography" when in fact this option is totally unnecessary, except for perhaps a very few blind areas.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
ur all insane, this is all obviously true, it all adds up, and what people claim dont, can, just by some creative thinking to solve problems

i mean, satellite images even prove somethings being hidden

and if there are those of you who really believe there is a foot of ground here on earth that satellites cant see, youre crazy. the only thing that they might not be able to see is deep sea

i say ats sets up a exploratory mission to the area where the satellite doesnt work and solve this once and for all

so whos going?

id recommend someone who speaks nazi, yeti, and abominable snowman (calling two of those the same is like calling all asians chinese (there are different cultures of yetis, snowmen, etc)

whoevers going though try to hurry up, we all wanna know exactly what it is this guy saw above him

great movie idea by the way, give me a pm we'll work on the script

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

So your telling us that conventional satellite imagery can only zoom to 20 miles to give us a relatively "crisp image"? Do you even realise that spy satellites can zoom to 1 meter? I don't expect this kind of detail of course but between 1 meter and 20 miles, well......come on!

Huh? I never said anything about spy satellites....

And I am not even talking about aerial photography which seems to be a lame excuse to hide anything government(s) wants hidden from public view. The easiest thing in the world is for google to claim most of the images are from "aerial photography" when in fact this option is totally unnecessary, except for perhaps a very few blind areas.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

Okay, because your so smart and obviously an expert on these kindo fhtings debunk this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
ok...

WHERE IS THE OP?!?!?!?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
ok...

WHERE IS THE OP?!?!?!?

Unfortunantly, like so many times in the past...

The Op has left us all hanging high and dry

Although he could have a legit excuse on this occasion though

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well folks, I think in light of the current situation with this thread...and possible various T&C violations I am going to close this for now.

If the OP would like to u2u me and is prepared to answer all of the questions posed to him by members who have problems with his story than I have no problem opening it back up at that time.

Spiderj

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join