It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is NOT precious...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

well - there are just the two choices

or maybe 3 - and this is some sort of social/psychological experiment/study

I hope I did good

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

No, by punishing the murderer you then in turn punish many others. He is someone's son, father, etc. You also punish the witnesses and the ones performing the execution. Theoretically you could then create more murderers.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well put Frito. I agree totally.
To those folks who say people can change. Yes, they can, however usually the die is cast, and most of them do not change. Should we suffer the riff raff among us upsetting our lives for the sake of one out of many that may change?
Social misfits/disrupters should be executed.
Why exactly should they be spared?

I think a lot of folks grabbed onto the statement “contributing to society” without reading your post regarding the qualifications or lack there of for those who are not “contributing to society”. They missed the important definition of these people being the riff-raff, free loading, mindless, shiftless, persons who will not attempt to better themselves even if they are offered the opportunity to do so.

I will further upset many, by stating that all severely deformed and retarded babies should be euthanized at birth. To allow them to live is child abuse.

For(Home), Consumerism has nothing to do with drug use or anti-social behavior. Consumerism has become a bad word by folks who are parroting some of the media talking heads. We the people have every right to enjoy this life. Being consumers and enjoying all the new toys that keep showing up in the market place is not a bad thing. For one thing, it keeps the money going around. I know it does not always wind up where we think it should.

Reminder: Subject of the thread is NOT poverty, adversity, misfortune or oppression.

Make no mistake about it. We are flesh and should not pretend to be other. This life is for the purpose of enjoying this flesh. You cannot “force’ people to change. They are what they are. You can see their personalities developing in early childhood. How many have you known that turned out bad? Yet he/she has brothers & or sisters who are making a success of their lives. All raised in the same household with the same influences, yet the one went bad? Remember, each one of us has his/her own mind and we make our own choices, and that is what it is about - CHOICE.

What exactly is “spirituality”? From what I get you are putting it into some sort of religious frame.
Really, don’t you think that we can be spiritual enough after the fleshy life is over.
In the meantime enjoy the flesh and the use of the mind to make this life the best and most interesting that you can.

Torsion Girl, there have been many people who grew up in greatly adverse situations. They rose above it.
The school you describe should never exist. This is a very recent necessity due to the large numbers of miscreants that are inherently derelict
The African situation in no way enters the present theme of this thread. You are getting a bit carried away with yourself there and digressing from the subject. We are not taking about oppression or adversity.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Firstly, too bad you cannot change anyone's mind if they choose not to let you. Which is a fallacy you are making. A person can and will hold to an idea tightly despite it being blaringly wrong and being told so at lentgth by those around them. You're challenge is a hollow one my young friend and meant for little more than bickering.

Secondly, you never did not answer my question, if you or the ones you love were deemed to be unfit for life under your own rules would you comply?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Life is precious to those who have had to overcome the struggles. You've not had to do that yet, and it seems you have harsh judgments towards those who are far less privileged and exhibit behaviors that accompany those issues. Being raised privileged also has its drawbacks, as you will likely discover as you get older. None of us are above each other, as each of us has our own flaws that "contribute" to the downfall of our society...equally, we all have gifts that do the opposite. I find that most youth of today are quite content to sit and judge from the couch in their Mom and Dad's cushy living room. Life has a way of curing that, so try not to be quite so judgmental, because you may find yourself having difficulty walking through the fire, sitting in the seat of judgment by others. Some of the most amazing, inspirational, touching, and emotional stories of humanity and triumphs over life's hurdles would never have been told had we had a society like the one you describe. Everyone has a purpose on this planet....don't forget that!

Do you volunteer? Do you help feed the homeless? Do you offer your time as a big brother/sister to an orphan?

Please don't feel I'm being harsh, as I respect the ideas you have based on the world as you've experienced it so far. As a parent myself, I would urge you to always place yourself in the shoes of the other person before passing judgment. Even those "bad apples" have a story to tell, and I would be willing to bet it's full of pain and hardship, which you cannot comprehend given your upbringing. It doesn't make a wrong, right, but it does give them a human face for you to identify with. You too have a purpose....just make sure it's a good one!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Social misfits/disrupters should be executed.

why?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I've said this many times, we can not evolve into a peaceful society and still have the majority of the population support the death penalty.

The kind of mindset that makes one believe in the death penalty is the same mindset that causes people to murder.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Firstly, too bad you cannot change anyone's mind if they choose not to let you. Which is a fallacy you are making. A person can and will hold to an idea tightly despite it being blaringly wrong and being told so at lentgth by those around them. You're challenge is a hollow one my young friend and meant for little more than bickering.

Secondly, you never did not answer my question, if you or the ones you love were deemed to be unfit for life under your own rules would you comply?

Sorry for missing your question. I do get frustrated when others do the same. I will do my best to answer it with a realistic opinion.

I have an uncle with schizophrenia. A bit back, it made him hold up a hotel. No one was injured. Normally, he is one of the nicest people I know. He went to jail too for it.

Regardless, he still has my love. If he murdered someone, to tell you the truth I could not look at him the same way. Closer family members would feel much different I am sure.

He has a job, and the event before happened because he did not have medication at the time.

The lines would be hard to draw, and the primary new rules would be this.

Murder someone - instant death sentence.
ABUSE welfare system (not any specific case, just in general) - Banned from it and left to starve if you do not get a job.

But, I love the ones I know for what they do. If one would kill someone or become a bum, I doubt I could have those same feelings anymore. After all, those are quite drastic.

I am going to say yes I would comply,and I am not saying that for the sake of the argument. Those are drastic crimes IMO, and love goes hand in hand with respect. If someone I knew did that, my respect would be withdrawn.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I hate welfare payments as much as the next person...

My mates receive around $100 a week, some who will spend it purely on drugs and not work, just go out and have fun. Then I will see them give their spare change to bums on the street who will use that spare change to buy more drugs. It's funny how doll payments literally pay for people to get their fix instead of the essentials, while they live off their guardian.

So are their lives precious? To us it isn't but to them it is.

I mean, who else body are they gonna stuff all that drugs into?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yet you propose murdering undesirables. Including babys as I remember it. And a great deal of those that you call worthless have stories simular to your uncle. It is rather self centered to assume that all those you condeme are just that way because they are just bad.

But I wll note that most the time the saying is vastly easier than the doing.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I am going to say yes I would comply,and I am not saying that for the sake of the argument. Those are drastic crimes IMO, and love goes hand in hand with respect. If someone I knew did that, my respect would be withdrawn.

Fritos - this is coming out of nowhere - but, just want to say:

yes - love does have something to do with respect - but there's so much more to it than that

you have a lot of rules - already - so young

I have to wonder where you got all these rules

I wonder

love is about more than just following all the rules

people deserve to be loved even when they break the rules - and that goes for you too

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

Great post emerald, thanks for sharing.

I too would agree that there are many stories from the less fortunate money wise that are inspirational.

But, there are lines that need to be drawn. My two examples that I have been shoving through this thread are killers and welfare abusers. IMO, two menacing groups of people that harm society.

If there is truly a good apple in that bunch, free will has put them there.

About volunteering for homeless, etc. I have not.

I do my best to put myself in others shoes. Many people that follow my past examples more than likely have a mental illness. That is just going off from what I hear...

With that said though - to tell you the honest truth, I do not think a person deserves my respect just for being a human. There are those that can disgrace the name too, which I am sure many of you think I am doing here in this thread.

Experience inspires us. From the looks of it (obviously), we have all been touched emotionally by very different people.

The reason I included abortion in this thread is because it ties into all of this on a more controversial level. From reading the posts, while my OP ideology remains the same, my idea on abortion has changed.

I think everyone has free will. Yes, our surrounds and family will raise us. But, babies do not have free will. Going along side the idea that murders etc should be killed instantly, I think unwanted babies should be given a chance at life.

If they fall into the crowd I have been continuously listing, then you know the drill.

Now, prevention is the best protection. Many of these peoples problems later in life could have been prevented...but we must deal with them, and then deal with the future at the same time.

But by the age of 30/40's, if one has chosen to lead a life of nothing, I think they do not deserve to die for simply that; by burdening the tax payers. If you wish to live in the forest or on some remote island, so be it. Just not around my watch.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

In that case why not nuke the world and end the human race now? The potental is always there and since prevention is the best precaution.

link   
Avenger, the system does not “require” anyone to be in debt. It is you choice to be in debt. With perseverance you can save your money before you make purchases.

Titen, is precious life limited to humans?
We kill bad dogs don’t we? Or are their lives just too precious also?
Any farmer will kill whatever animal is creating chaos in the herd or flock of his animals.
Human are just another animal on Earth. Each species has its own inherent rules. Bad actors are exiled and they may die as a result. Good riddance for the benefit of the group.

Watcher in the shadows - you too have missed the point and taken your own side trip.

Russian scientist, Anyone’s right to live ends when they become disruptive and/or dangerous to the society in which they live. How many “precious” criminals and drug addicts do you have in your home right now? Surely you will want to give them all the love and care that you think they deserve.

MrMott, you too have missed the point. Don’t knock OP because he is in high school. He would like to make the world a Utopia, and so would I. How many “precious” miscreants are you feeding, housing, clothing and loving? How about would you like to have a bunch of them living next door to you, playing loud music, drinking, using drugs, having orgies etc. It is time for all of you to get a grip on reality and realize that our lives would be much better if the incorrigible misfits were eliminated.

Life is not special, it is not a gift. It happens across all species on Earth and probably beyond. Celebrate it by all means, and hope that you get thru it without having it kicked out of you by one of those “precious” misfits.

The number of self-righteous people here who thinks the OP needs to be 50 plus to entertain the thoughts he expressed here is indeed narrow minded. You grossly underestimate the thoughts a young person can create. I was thinking utopia when I was 8 years old. I hadn’t gotten to what to do with those who would harm others. I kind of figured that God would take them out; later I found out that we the people had to do it or it wouldn’t get done.

Spellbound, you too are off base there. We aren’t talking about starving people. They are starving because they have outrun their ability to produce food. But that is another topic. Get with the subject.

Sigh, only page 3 and all I find are people who cannot stay focused on the topic. Just goes to show you that getting emotional will seriously distort the thought processes.

I have to go...Good nite.

link   
reply to post by JRSB

"To us it isn't, but to them it is"...then why must we pay for it.

Things would be much different if they had to fend for themselves all the way through.

My OP is based upon the current situation here in America though.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

In that case why not nuke the world and end the human race now? The potental is always there and since prevention is the best precaution.

Because there are those who would rather keep the human species continuing, and I proposed something which I think would better it.

And that wouldn't be prevention...whatever you are talking about.

Now stop trying to derail this thread further. If you can not contribute to the idea in the OP, leave the thread all together.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

I'm pretty focused (get it while it's hot)

why not answer my question?

please

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've read more than once a couple of people say misfits should be killed, ect. Here's my idea for those that like that idea.

Get a huge fenced in area. Put the misfits on one side, put all the people that want them dead on the other. Put a big pile of guns, grenades and bazookas right in the middle. Have big race to the middle and those that get there first get to blow the other side to kingdom come. The misfits, upon hearing that the other side wants them dead, will gladly join in on the massacre.

In my estimation, a large amount of the misfits will have just recently taken crack so it doesn't look good for the other side. Not only will they be lightning quick and thin, but they will contain within their being a blood lust not seen since Genghis Khan. Many of the other side will retreat in fear after hearing the crazed howling of the other side, and will try to climb the fence. Though a valiant effort, they fall down from the fence and get devoured by the blood thirsty misfits.

For those lacking in IQ, put your money where your mouth is.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Your opinion is just 'AS' valid as the next persons .... it was meant to be a slant on youthfull enthusiasm rather than on age directly.

And to ignore my points because of the first paragraph eludes to this youthfullness.

Could some of my points be wrong ? yes , could some of yours? yes..

So lets debate all the points not just focus on any one small peice of the puzzle ? i was good enough to take some of your ideas and counter argument .. and atempt to post a reply from my perspective .. how about you return the favor?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Mr apeman (since I can't read your name there in the dark type)

It should be obvious why we should permanently eliminate the miscreants.
I don't want to pay to warehouse them, do you?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join