learn more

Life is NOT precious...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

You know what, grow up and get out from under your parents before you start calling anyone a leech. High school, jeez, you are soooo freakin worldly . You cannot place financial value on life, life is not just about money. You think that a person with less money is worth less? You are so wrong. Two soldiers stand side by side in the field, wearing the same uniform and the same armor. One is from a rich family and one from a modest family. Could you tell which one would die for you, or save your life? Do you think every rich person was born that way? They would have to be in order to fit your inexperienced mold.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

made alot of sence to me
im on the coffee and i got match sticks in my eyes hehehe

but i agree we are a in a lots of shades of grey and its about our model more than the poor people who suffer the overweliming majority are loving people who just want a happy normal life.. and yea we do have afew bad people in prison who should never have the right to be free but killing them is just as bad as what they did..

i still think they could be usefull instead of rotting away.. make em work!!! aint got a clue wat like but im sure we could find something usefull.. and just think no need to pay em
hehe

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I think realising the world is painted in shades of grey is what helps us gain empathy and to avoid bullcrap like this.

all I can see is grey - and that presents it's own set of problems :-)

but, I agree

sometimes I think people who need to live in a black and white world just want to avoid having to think about anything

it is simpler

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I think realising the world is painted in shades of grey is what helps us gain empathy and to avoid bullcrap like this.

all I can see is grey - and that presents it's own set of problems :-)

but, I agree

sometimes I think people who need to live in a black and white world just want to avoid having to think about anything

it is simpler

I believe there is a universal principal of morales, and it needs to be established. We need to all follow a specific doctrine of right and wrong if we want to work together.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Exactly, there is the illusion of certainity as well, life is easier when cut at certain defined lines of thought as to what is what, or more precisely what can only be what and etc. Which I never quite understood myself. I much prefer reality to illusions any day.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Not really, and it's impossible to achieve on top of it all, without achieving mindcontrol technology. History has shown it is impossible. And it sounds to me like more black and white dualism. I think we just simply need to learn to agree to disagree and accept other's views, even if we don't agree with them.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i understand the OP's frustration with what he/she sees. It is sometimes so annoying when all you seem to see is this happening, people hurting other people in some way.

I have also seen all these things happen to people, but i see lots of it, especially at a school age, as just GROWING UP.

a large majority of people have probably bullied someone, assaulted someone, or just treated them bad in some ways, during their school years.

i , myself did. but people grow up and learn respect and how to live decent. i look at these kind of people now and think, how could i ever have done some things like this.

i am in my late 20's now, and by no means know everything or claim to have seen all there is to see, but i have seen a lot, BUT until a few weeks ago i literally learned what COMPASSION meant.

as i have been learning lots about spiriuality and meditation, many books spoke of this word as being the key to prgression in the spiritual world, but i didnt even know the meaning of it, although i had felt it for many years.

COMPASSION is what the original poster feels and it can be frustrating. But he/she should be thankful and glad they have this strenth instead of focussing on others LACK of compassion. for maybe some day they will waken up as i did, and probably the majority of people do.

G

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Not really, and it's impossible to achieve on top of it all, without achieving mindcontrol technology. History has shown it is impossible. And it sounds to me like more black and white dualism. I think we just simply need to learn to agree to disagree and accept other's views, even if we don't agree with them.

Yes, but without universal rules, we get what we have today. To some, it's okay to have random sex, to others, it's important to save it for marriage, and to others, they prefer to keep it within the confines of a committed relationship. Which is right? To some people, it's okay to exploit the weak and use them for their capital gain, such as slave and/or cheap labour, to others, they prefer to have higher standards so that those who work for them get decent pay and can lead better lives. Which is better? To some, it's okay to get drunk every friday night and hit on women other than their wives, and to others, it's not okay to drink or hit on other women. To others, it's okay to repay evil for evil, to others, it's about forgiveness. Which is right?
To some people, it's okay to control the people, manipulate them to buy their product en mass, and to others, they prefer small scale, honest, non-manipulative business. What is right?

We will never make progress if there is too much liberalism and no standard. I believe it is right and true to view things from something other than your own perspective and strive to understand other people's views, but I also believe that there is a definate right and wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What you're pushing forward is a utilitarian viewpoint. There are so many flaws, but I will point out one.

Let's say your mother and a world-class scientist have both contracted a rare disease. There is a cure, but only enough for one person, and you have possession of it. Your mom is bright, but she is not as "valuable" to society as the scientist. Do you cure your mother, or give it to a scientist whom you have never met? You are obligated to let your mother die and to save a stranger, under your philosophy.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Viral]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Problem is right and wrong isn't universal as you point out.
I prefer to live by the golden rule myself, "Do unto others as you would have other's do unto you." or as my belief system states it "Do what thou wilt an it harm none." not the "Do unto others before they can do unto you." most live by though they claim otherwise.
And it is wrong to force others to bend to another's view of right and wrong. This has been tried countless times in history and has failed each and everytime.

After all, who's rule set will we follow? Yours? Mine? Those you mentioned?
Who gets to choose which one is forced on everyone else?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Exactly, there is the illusion of certainity as well...I much prefer reality to illusions any day...

oh, I still love my illusions :-)

especially the illusion of certainty - because it does feel pretty good

but I usually manage to snap out of it just in the nick of time

edit to add: except for those times when I don't

[edit on 3/30/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

One person's illusion is another person's reality. Funny old world we live in don't we?
Who is to say who is right.

Ok, I think I am getting too obscure. Time to hit the sack, methinks.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

People cannot be forced to believe a certain belief system, but rather, must be shown and convinced that it is right. We must lead by example, exploiting benevolent patterns to show that collectivism can work.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I believe there is a universal principal of morales, and it needs to be established. We need to all follow a specific doctrine of right and wrong if we want to work together.

who gets to decide what the specific doctrine is - and how it is to be established?

I'll come back for this tomorrow

spellcheck says I'm too stupid to keep writing right now...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Ok, allow me to quote a phrase to show why that wouldn't work and collectivism is a pipedream.
"Look at them, they act sooo good and better than we are."
The problems with mankind aren't so easily fixed, I wish that it was, but just simply isn't so. Everytime you get a group you will always get an opposing group and they will fight, regardless of who is right.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

This is a very good conversation and I would love to continue, but like the rest of you, I am exhausted. It's 1:21 here in the morning, so I best get to bed. Nice chatting with you. Good night.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I read the first post, and all I could see was a rant of a kid who doesn't even know what life is. he is still living with his parents! He has no credibility to start a thread like this stating that life is not precious. Yes it is, and if it's not, I dare the OP to take his own unprecious life. Yeah, didn't think so.

Every life is precious to a person whose life it is. And that should be enough. And for all those people who are "bad", instead of plotting how to murder them for more money, maybe we shoul plot how to help them. That is a harder thing to do, but much more rewarding if one succeeds.

And to the OP, I bet you'll laugh at this thread one day when you grow up.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Life is special - it is a gift - let us celebrate it.

You will learn how to live your own life, in time.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Fritos I would also like to say that until you have been there, in the room, when either a human life begins or a life ends, you are not qualified to make the decision that life is or is not in fact, precious.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I have something else to say to you - you in your comfortable home - how DARE you say life is not precious when starving people all over the world only want life.

Why don't you think about trying to save them instead of this crap you are thinking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join