Life is NOT precious...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I haven't read beyond the opening post but wanted to point oput the glaring flaw in reasoning...and that is the use of labels as a static and one hundred percent guideline for determining the worth of a person.

There are engineers that are drug addicts. There are doctors who have intentionally compromised the live and comfort of innocent people.

While I am of the opinion that some crimes are unforgivable, much of what the thread author talks about seems to be an attempt at differentiating between behaviours that have the common good in mind and those that don't.

The process of defining such is a much more complex effort than it may seem.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you, FritosBBQTwist, but good on ya for trying. Consider what a economic disaster it would be if those employed by the law enforcment/penal system were out of a job. And then consider the many standards that define many of our social issues as either good or bad (and the ongoing controversies publisized in the media)...

You have much to consider...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

If you still think I'm a stupid high schooler, then I have some words for you that I would not put on this website. ATS has just preached against personal attacks and that's exactly what you just did. My situations is proving you wrong. Sorry.

Ravenshadow - how is what I said in any way a personal attack?

or an attack against people in high school - in general?

reread the OP - reread my response

read

I find what he's suggesting to be offensive - and I'm going to say so

now, you may disagree with my opinion about his opinion - maybe you think what he's suggesting is really OK

maybe you think high schoolers are extra special - I don't

I actually used to be in high school - I know better

if you can, please try to get over it

my comment on his being in high school had nothing to do with what I think of people in high school in general - because I'm pretty sure they're like people everywhere - good and bad

it had EVERYTHING to do with wondering how someone who hadn't gone much further in life than high school was in a position to judge the value of another human being's life - and request that it be snuffed out if it doesn't meet his standards

since he seems to think people who don't contribute don't deserve to live - I wanted to know what HE had contributed to this world of ours - in as much as he is, so far, only in high school

he wants inferior people to be killed

and you're offended by what?

people insulting high school students?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know you were there, but as long as you're rereading stuff, you should read this again - all the way through

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

You must be crazy to actually think I want all of those people to be rounded up and killed, even though I made a "mention" of it in my OP. But I am directing that to those who commit crimes...and those who abuse welfare should literally just be left to starve to death.

THOSE people, should be gotten rid of. Or, without beating around the bush, killed. We as a species are in it together and IMO, our goal is to better our lives. People like that do not help. People included in that group are those who abuse welfare, etc. Any person who takes more out of the system than putting in.

I get the notion that some of you do not even bother reading everything I am typing...

I'm reading what you're writing

if you're going to say something - at least stand behind what you're saying - especially if it's in print

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm sorry - but this deserves some special attention:

We as a species are in it together and IMO, our goal is to better our lives.

you don't understand what it means to be in this together

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
When I first read your post my initial response was to blast you with how very wrong you are.

Then I understood that this is your perception right now.

Honey, this life is about learning. Your thoughts and beliefs will vary from one stage to another and this narrow view will too.

I wish you well on your journey! You are in for a long ride my friend.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
the sad thing is raven our system requires you to be in debt.. its how we are kept in order.

They system is the problem not the people "tho granted some are nutts" but i wouldnt kill them for any crime as it makes you as bad as the killer if not worst by justifying it as a punishment when in most cases its a get out of jail free card...

working ur butt of in collage is a noble thing and it shows a willingness to atleast listen and educate ones self about the world around them, others chose to learn then close there eyes... most phd people do this who are stuckup little twirps whith no passion for learning only a passion to get there ego stroked by there peers..

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I gave a little more cosideration to what you said, as well as my reply, and I've come to the conclusion that you can't really believe this deep down, or at least I won't allow myself to believe that you do.

I am pro-choice too, but for very different reasons. I get frustrated with the abuse of the system too, but I think that the poor/the oppressed/the sheeple are often the victims and the real abusers are the ones creating the system. There are a few of these perpetrators I would like to see tried for their crimes, but not executed. Killing dosen't resonate, it is a desperate act, and should not be taken lightly. But seriously, you don't really think that we shoul round everyone up (and at this point, with poverty and unenjoyment on the rise, we are talking about a lot of people) and kill them...I just don't believe you.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Torsion girl

in regards to people who are in prison on death row, i dont see why they aint working lol.. i mean why not make them make stuff?

If you are going to keep them locked up i would guess that is the perfect work force..

i better not talk to much someone may get ideas.. lol the scary thing is most people in jails for crimes live better than most workers in china or a 3rd world county.. "for free"

put prisoners to work "the real bad ones" and the silly ones for drugs and fines ect.. just educate em and get em back into the system asap..

cant just lock people up its not very productive is it?... at this rate people will be commiting crimes to get INTO prison.. and thats not a joke

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Seems I remember a historical figure who had similar ideas on how to deal with people who weren't contributing to society... what was his name again, oh yeah,

Adolf Hitler, that was his name, seems he got down to business too, killed some 9 or 10 million "unwanteds" before the Allies put a stop to him... Honestly this sort of opinion is rather ignorant...

As for whether life is precious, on a cosmic scale it is extraordinarily precious. You see we've only found life here on Earth so far and until we find it elsewhere we must assume that life is an extremely rare phenomenon that results from only certain rare conditions. So all life on Earth has value, unless we find out that there's life on every other planet out there in the whole Universe and even then chances are our own form of life, here on Earth, will be unique and even "precious"

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Ah, so only those who existence you find useful should be allowed to exist. Must be great to have attained such a great understanding of reality in such a short time, while still in highschool, none the less.
But I do have a question, if you were to ignorantly get what you wanted and once the killing starts of all these unprecious and unneeded people, who is to say you may not be decided to be one of the afformentioned? And even more telling, would you accept this judgement and go with it's natural course? It's all well and good to spew judgement as to who should be killed and who should be allowed to live but what would you do if your peers decided you were no longer fit for continued existance.
A good song comes to mind, "What It's Like" by Everlast.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

I think that compassion comes with age, it is obvious that you and the OP are both in High School.

These human beings that you consider to be parasites and leeches are actually merely SYMPTOMS of something far larger.

If a society is inherently sick, then its people are going to suffer. The American people have been fed fake morals, fake pipe dreams, and fake methods for stress release.

You want to talk down about "drug addicts" and "low lives," but what about the people supplying those drugs to American society? Do you really think that if our US government was half as efficient as they claim the be that there would even be a "war on drugs?"

This whole Op is complete BS. Nothing in our society is added to enrich the lives of the people around us, everything that we work for in our day to day 9 to 5 jobs is to give all of the wealth, resources, and power to a select few.

You want to find out why people act the way they do? Then put yourself in their shoes. Find out why a person becomes a drug addict, could it be because they feel like something is missing from their lives, or perhaps they didn't have the love that you did growing up.

Kindness would change the world, not more cynicism.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

and a very good movie

Logans run

classic film may i add!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Not to make this a personal attack, but have you read ANY of my posts? I have stated many times that these individuals that we are talking about, those that don't have it as good as us, are just the same as all of us. We are all equal. The difference is the decisions they had made, whether their circumstances forced them to or not. The point is that everyone is deserving of love and help. I preach a message of Benevolence, not killing off those who are down and out. That is absurd and inhumane.

How many times do I have to say it? I don't condone what the OP says, but merely am trying to state that we must target the issues that cause those to make decisions that are un-healthy. Yes, I am in high school, but please read more than one line of my post before you make an accusation. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Oh, and before you decide what human being is valuable and which is not, perhaps you could read up on dimethyltryptamine and the pineal gland.

Because whether you like it or not, everyone here chose to be here.

Ponder it for a while.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by dalan.]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

A very good episode of The Twilight Zone illustrates his folly quite well as well, if you haven't seen it I HIGHLY recommend it:

The Obsolete Man

Synopsis
In a future totalitarian state, Romney Wordsworth (Meredith) is a man put on trial for the crime of being "obsolete." Publicly, he's a carpenter. Secretly, he is a librarian (a profession punishable by death, as the State has eliminated literacy) and believes in God (also punishable by death, as the State has declared that there is no God). He is prosecuted by the chancellor (Weaver), who expresses in front of the assembled court that Wordsworth, in not being an asset to the State, shall be liquidated.

After being convicted of obsolescence, Wordsworth is given a choice as to his method of dying. Drawing a somewhat questioning reaction from the court, he cryptically requests that he be granted a personal assassin to whom he may disclose his preferred method of death. He also requests that his execution be broadcast live via television.

Later, a camera is installed in Wordsworth's study to broadcast live to the nation, so its citizens may see the condemned in his final hours. He summons the chancellor, who shows up at 11:15 PM. After some discussion, Wordsworth reveals to the unsuspecting chancellor that he has locked the door, and that his chosen method of death is by an explosive hidden in the room and set to go off at midnight. He intends to show the nation how a spiritual man faces death, and proceeds to read the verses of Psalm 23 and the beginning of Psalm 53, among others, from his illegal and thus cherished Bible. He also points out that, as the events are being broadcast live, the State will risk losing face by trying to rescue a high-ranking chancellor. As the time winds down, Wordsworth’s calm acceptance of death stands in sharp contrast with the chancellor's increasing panic.

Moments before the bomb explodes, the chancellor, in a desperate plea, finally begs the old man to let him go: “In the name of God, let me out!” Wordsworth immediately obliges, but not without repeating the mention of God—which the State had "proven" not to exist.
The chancellor bursts out of the room and down the stairs just as the bomb explodes and kills Wordsworth.
In the final scene, the chancellor, now stripped of his rank and reduced to a criminal, is declared obsolete.

Opening narration:
“ You walk into this room at your own risk, because it leads to the future; not a future that will be, but one that might be. This is not a new world: It is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advancements, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: Logic is an enemy, and truth is a menace. This is Mr. Romney Wordsworth, in his last forty-eight hours on Earth. He's a citizen of the State, but will soon have to be eliminated, because he's built out of flesh and because he has a mind. Mr. Romney Wordsworth, who will draw his last breaths in the Twilight Zone."
Closing narration:
“ The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete, but so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete. A case to be filed under "M" for mankind—in the Twilight Zone.

SOURCE:en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

Well if I jumped to any conclusions I apologize.

I am just not that much into genocide, I get all angry-naughty.

Every human being on this planet deserves to be here to grow, which is what we are doing right now, but we have to stop attacking one another. If anyone, including the Op wants to make a difference, then meet with the people that the Op considers to be a waste of time and make a difference in their lives.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by dalan.]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

hey that was a cool read im sure i have seen that one!!!

but reading it is very true to this thread and it is scary that we coud head down that path or even logans run "more about age" but still blows ones mind to think about it in that way heh

great post gunna give u a star for that

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I completely understand, and I defiantly DO NOT condone genocide either. You are completely right, we all deserve a chance to grow, and if we fail once, we deserve another chance, up to as many times as we need. It's okay if you did jump to conclusions, we all do at some points.

But I think we can all agree that we do need to work to rid the problems that can cause certain people to make bad decisions, and this starts with eliminating the consumer-driven mind, and denying our flesh sometimes.

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

Thank you very much.
I think it mostly is caused by mankind's propencity to try to force the world and all things into a black or white dualist mindframe and then turning it into a totalitarian mindframe we know as extremism. Us or them, good or evil, etc etc etc. I think realising the world is painted in shades of grey is what helps us gain empathy and to avoid bullcrap like this.
Just my two cents. Hope it made sense I am up a bit past my bedtime.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

FritosBBQTwist you have not experienced life yet young man, you have lived in a bubble all of your life. How many years were you alive before you started working? Lets guess and say 17 years, and then you got a pud job. According to your dialog, during those 17 years you were not worth anything to society, in your own words you should have been exterminated at any time during those 17 years because you contributed nothing to society except taking up space.

I don't care who you are, or what you think; if you think life is not precious, then get the H off of this planet and let the rest of us do as we please; because there is no need to waste good air. You don't have the say, or the right to tell anyone what they should be doing. You just started to work a pud job and you are already telling people that you are the big man on top of the world.

Everybody has the right to live without some crackpot coming along and thinking he or she is GOD. GOD doesn't even make any judgements until after you are dead, and even then GOD is a very forgiving GOD. GOD doesn't say you need to die because you are not doing what GOD expects.

Everyones life is precious, and I mean EVERYONE'S. There is not one person on Earth who's life is worth less than yours, and there is no person on Earth who's life is worth more than yours. Its people like you that think they can rule the world after having gone to work for 2-3 hours a day for only 5 months or so and degrade others. Your words are horrific if you think that people should die.

Your parents need to kick your bass out of the house, and let you realize that the world out there is not a bed of roses. Some people are not as fortunate as others, or they don't have the nice environment that others have to grow up in. So, don't go around spouting off that someone should be put to death for something that you don't particularly like.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join