It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Poland may be the Next Ally to Quit Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Polish Prime Minister Leszek Miller expressed concerns about Spain and others withdrawing their troops from Iraq and questions it's own involvement. Poland is one of largest contributers to the Coalition in Iraq leading an international coalition of 9,500 troops with 2,400 of it's own soldiers involved. The current prime minister will be stepping down from office this May and his successor will be in charge of making the decision about Polish support for the occupation of Iraq.

Polish Leader Says Spanish Withdrawal From Iraq Raises Issue for Poland

"We cannot turn a blind eye to the fact that Spain and others are leaving Iraq," Prime Minister Leszek Miller told the Polish news agency PAP.

"We will not make any rash gestures," he said. "The final decision about the pullout will be agreed and thought over, but the problem exists."

"I cannot say when we will leave Iraq, but I am sure the new prime minister will be more precise," Miller said.

Related ATSNN Articles:
WAR: Spain to Pull Troops out of Iraq ASAP
WAR: U.S. Coalition Crumbling, Honduras Out of Iraq

[Edited on 4-21-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Pulled this off AP. Looks like Poland is staying in.

Official: Polish Troops to Stay in Iraq
42 minutes ago

WARSAW, Poland - Poland is not considering a troop pullout from Iraq (news - web sites), despite the outgoing prime minister's comments on the subject, the government spokesman said on Wednesday.

"Poland will be in Iraq as long as it necessary, until the situation there is stabilized," spokesman Marcin Kaszuba told The Associated Press. "Poland has not and is not considering a troop withdrawal."

Earlier, the Polish news agency PAP quoted Prime Minister Leszek Miller, who leaves office early next month, as saying Poland "cannot turn a blind eye" to the Spanish pullout. The comments suggested Warsaw might be rethinking its Iraq mission.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
interesting thanks for the addition

but does anyone know who the new Prime Minister will be and what is his stance on the Iraqi Issue? It could end up being a repeat of the Spanish situation.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Yep lots of Allied countries will pull outta Iraq they're following Spain i mean if stability is to be installed the only way is to pull out i guess

new topics

top topics

join