It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Payback time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Greeting Commander

You are to eradicate the terrorists threatening our civilization. We have provide you with an arsenal of the latest high-yield smart nuclear weapons to carry out your mission.

Your targets are designated in red by our network of orbiting laser sats. Major targets are designated with a red star, and muslim holy sites are disgnated with a crescent-and-star.

Terrorists may attempt to contact you during your mission. Ignore their empty threats. Show them no mercy !

And Commander, Intelligence that Ossama Bin Laden and his Al-Qaeda leadership have highjacked a passenger jet and may try to escape to Somalia. THEY MUST NOT SUCCEED ! Failure will result in your immediate execution !

Your orders are clear. Good luck soldier !

CLICK NOW

[Edited on 2-2-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Do you f*ing like this game?

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst
Do you f*ing like this game?

I don't like it, I luv it !

Oh yeah, if you want to have more fun, they have many other good games and video.

www.newgrounds.com...

Also, I did another topic. Check it, you'll have fun !

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 3-2-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
typically indicative of the sort of mentality that views this war as a computer game.

I mean thats what we're being taught to think any way.
robotic bombs.
un manned air craft.
every US soldier has 3 lives and once they've gunned down the drones they get to take a pop at the mother ship.
and Bush gets to enter his name above his dads on the high score table.
this crap makes me sick.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Lupe, really, you don't know what is sarcasm.

Or may be are you still in your " well-minded leftist " game ?

Living with peoples like you, it must be sinister !

Did you ever laugh or smile in your poor life ?

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
perfectly capable of sarcasm, I'm even pretty good at the odd inward chuckle at the distinct irony of somthing like this.
what annoys me is that this game, and many like it, are simply rabid nationalism disguised under the pretext of "a bit of fun"

If your incapable of looking beyond the gloss at the political and psychological inferences then you make a pretty good advert for why this sort of thing is extremely detremental to the peace process in the middle east.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

1) what annoys me is that this game, and many like it, are simply rabid nationalism disguised under the pretext of "a bit of fun"

2) If your incapable of looking beyond the gloss at the political and psychological inferences then you make a pretty good advert for why this sort of thing is extremely detremental to the peace process in the middle east.

1) Correct. I agree with you.I'm not blind or stupid, you know.

2) " this sort of thing is extremely detremental to the peace process in the middle east. "

OH ???? Aren't you going to far ??? I don't think that the M.E will declare us a war just for a single game, even if this game is stupid.

Anyway, this game came AFTER the 9/11, not BEFORE !
See what I mean ?

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
No.
I don't think I am going to far.

we are about to attack Iraq.
the reasons are many fold but one primary reason is that its what the US people seem to want to do.
one reason for this is the sweeping tide of nationalistic fervour they founds themselves wrapped in post sep 11.

this emotion has been captured and manipulated by anyone with the desire to make money out of it.

your getting films on the back of 9/11 games, books, adverts, T-Shirts

one suspects that the flag makers of america have enjoyed souring stocks.

In order to perpetuate this massive spending power however, the US populace must constantly have their sense of nationalism re-enforced, by games such as this, t-shirts, adverts etc etc etc

and, whilst it is being perpetuated, it continues to pull people into supporting the war which, in turn is all that Bush needs to go through with it.

hence inocuous things such as this game are damaging the possibility of a peacefull resolution in the middle east.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Lupe, actually, there is a game, somewhere on internet.

The goal is to pilot a civil aircraft and crash it on the WTC. What do you think about this game ?

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think its part of the same nationalistic right wing adgenda the first game is.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Left-wingers don't like nationalism because they are all internationalists.

Can you understand that a majority, from all around the world, is NOT internationalist, and that this majority just want to live in peace in her OWN country, behind her OWN borders ?

And you don't respect these peoples !

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Lupe: i own a few USA tee-shirts. some from before Sept. 11, and some from after. buying a tee-shirt with "USA" on it doesn't mean you are buying into the war. while you have a point about the selling of nationalism, many, as well as myself, know the true meaning of being a united states' american is not only to support your government, but to also call into question your government when you disagree with it's actions. and clothing isn't symbolic of ones faithfullness to their government. it's just clothing.

the game...i wouldn't play, but that's just me war games don't interest me. it's more of a "man" thing. i wish this was all fun and games. but, since it isn't, it is kinda tasteless, in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
"Can you understand that a majority, from all around the world, is NOT internationalist, and that this majority just want to live in peace in her OWN country, behind her OWN borders ? "

a) no I can't, its a myth perpetrated by the nationalist minority.
b) if you truely believe that woefully inacurate statement how can you support The US's incursion into Iraq.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Lupe101 worries more about a silly video game instead of real life attacks on Americans and our allies around the world. Idiot...

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lupe_101

no I can't, its a myth perpetrated by the nationalist minority.

BWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

But lupe, the minority, THAT'S YOU ! And it's your internationalism who's a myth !

Woaw man....Thanks for this good laugh.

top topics

join