It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ideas to jumpstart the economy

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
These are my ideas I emailed to the President, please give some input on your thoughts.

As a small business owner I worry about the state of our present economy; as such I have (along with business associates) brainstormed ideas that could help our country's economy. We have decided there are 2 fantastic things that our President could accomplish that would work wonders on our economy!
1. A currency recall and exchange every 2 years
Benefits?
a. this would remove counterfeit money from the system
b. this would make money held by unscrupulous entities (drug lords etc.) worthless
c. this would cause people who have large sums of money that didn't earn it honestly to explain how they inherited it. Basically you discover criminals or you take away their money if they don't exchange it.
d. money in accounts such as Swiss banks will be WORTHLESS!

2. Give every US taxpayer 27,000 dollars as a stimulus check. Freeze all state and Federal benefits for 6 months including Unemployment, foodstamps, Social Security and Medicare.

Benefits?
a. People will spend this money catching up house payments, car payments, rent, debts; they will buy houses, cars, boats, appliances, electronics, etc.. Factories will step up production hire workers and these workers will be even more secure and spend more money thereby causing consumer confidence. (JUMPSTART DONE!) (please see that banks in this scenario get quite a bit of money from what could have been bad loans)
b. GDP increases as do tax revenues.
c. State and Federal coffers can recover and become healthy again.

I hope someone reads this and comes to the same conclusion that we have and that is we have to Jumpstart this economy and we have to take money away from criminals and counterfeiters. I am a patriotic American and I love this country. Don't give me the stimulus check I dont care I just want the results and that is the JUMSTART that will UNDOUBTABLY occur as a result.

Thank you for considering my humble ideas.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by interested-one

I am sorry friend, but your suggestions albeith well intended, would not work at all.

Throwing money at the economy isn't going to help it. The reason? There is no crisis, there is no problem with the economy.

They have created one, for us to be worried about to push their agenda. Numbers in a computer a very easy to manipulate and they do so at will.

Giving everybody money means the government would have to get that money somehow, and the only way to do that is to borrow it from the Fed. This is turn only furthers the cycle of debt for money and money for debt.

The only way to "jumpstart" the economy is to begin dismantling it from the top down and rebuilding it so that it actually works in favor of the people and is not manipulated by others with deeper pockets.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Plenty of paid gang stalking will work, as long as obama pays around 100 million americans to stalk the other 200 million americans.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't want the government's money. I'd prefer they just leave me alone. I pay my taxes.

Hey government, build roads and fight (and win) wars and deliver the mail if you must.....but stay out of my business and my home.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I am sorry friend, but your suggestions albeith well intended, would not work at all.

Throwing money at the economy isn't going to help it. The reason? There is no crisis, there is no problem with the economy.

They have created one, for us to be worried about to push their agenda. Numbers in a computer a very easy to manipulate and they do so at will.

Giving everybody money means the government would have to get that money somehow, and the only way to do that is to borrow it from the Fed. This is turn only furthers the cycle of debt for money and money for debt.

The only way to "jumpstart" the economy is to begin dismantling it from the top down and rebuilding it so that it actually works in favor of the people and is not manipulated by others with deeper pockets.

~Keeper

OK I can't hold back here and please dont take offense but

Obviously you don't own and operate a business because the economy is pretty #ed up right now regardless of what you think, and this is not an idea to throw money but to jumpstart the economy for a small fraction of what it would cost for the present stimulus ideas. The stimulus check and benefits of it would stimulate the economy which IN TURN increases the coffers of the tax collectors.

Your idea is to dismantle the system? Ok get right on that and in the process why dont you end world hunger and bring joy to the world.

I am being serious people, we need good ideas to get us back on track not bs ideas like dismantle the system kind of #.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schlotzkins
I don't want the government's money. I'd prefer they just leave me alone. I pay my taxes.

Hey government, build roads and fight (and win) wars and deliver the mail if you must.....but stay out of my business and my home.

This doesn't mention that they bother you...?? are you ok? You dont have to accept any money.

Is everyone in their own little world? wtf

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Well actually I am a business owner, I own several fairly successfull businesses and I have not been hurt by this economic "threat" because I've run my company effectively.

Furthermore,

Your countrie's money, is controlled by a PRIVATE, let me say it again PRIVATE CORPORATION that is not regulated by ANY state, federal or world government.

They can do as they please and control the flow of money and effectively the economy at the stroke of a pen.

How are we ever suppose to fix the economy if this is still the case? How does anything benefit the American People, when a PRIVATE CORPORATION of INTERNATIONAL BANKERS control your currency?

If they "fix" the current system, our children will be in the same boat 30 years from now because they will have engineered another "collapse" in order to push some elitist agenda.

Dont' be fooled, their job is to convince us all that there are Ninjas on our lawn and they've been pretty good at doing it so far.

PS: World Hunger could have been fixed decades ago, there is a reason they keep those countries poor and opressed friend.
~Keeper

[edit on 3/29/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Well actually I am a business owner, I own several fairly successfull businesses and I have not been hurt by this economic "threat" because I've run my company effectively.

Furthermore,

Your countrie's money, is controlled by a PRIVATE, let me say it again PRIVATE CORPORATION that is not regulated by ANY state, federal or world government.

They can do as they please and control the flow of money and effectively the economy at the stroke of a pen.

[edit on 3/29/2009 by tothetenthpower]

OK I also own several business's that typically thrive in times such as this, and I am successful. In addition I am ahead of last years revenues as I said my business prospers in bad times but I see all of the business's around me struggling and going under because they survive week to week and month to month. I see them laying off and letting go of people every day, rarely do I ever see them hire in the last 5 months. Half of my employees spouses have lost their jobs. I see people who can't afford to go to the doctor for basic medical needs and you say there isn't a problem with the economy? Your businesses aren't affected? I'm sorry I don't believe you are being truthful, unless your accountant is lying to you.

I know the Fed is a private corporation thank you, and yes I hate that and know that is a conflict of our interests and I think they should be audited yearly by an international team with no possible ties to their organization.

If the Fed was so powerful then for their own sake they would have this under control but I believe this has surpassed even their ability to reign the direction we are headed.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No I am truthfull when I say I have not seen any problems with operations or business other than the cost of things seems to be a bit more. I have not had to lay off any employees, rather I've been cutting down on some upgrading in two of my buildings and that saved me a little over 3 million.

I'll do anything before laying off my workers, that's the very last thing I would do.

I run IT firms and people still need computers, I am only ahead of the game because of this.

And I can understand your ideas, I don't mean to sound nasty. If the currency was government regulated, if things were a little bit different your ideas would be extremely usefull and would work fully, no problem.

But with the system we have now, we would simply be bleeding the beast and giving it a blood transfusion afterwards if you catch my drift. Things won't change if we continue to borrow and spend.

There needs to be a revision of policies surrounding our currency before we can dig ourselves out of this hole.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Although I commend you for thinking of ways to "fix" or "jump start" the economy. The idea won't work.

The issue with number one is that it adds to much instability. By the time all that money got rolled out and circulated it would be recalled again. Drug dealers would just start trading in other currencies and they would have a legitimate business to funnel and launder the funds through and there definitely wouldn't be any shortage of money laundering businesses. It would create an entirely new black market.

Another issue with that is that people that have Swiss Banks accounts value their privacy and the wealthy would simply flee to other countries and eat the exchange rate, which would be ridiculous because the time the currency is in circulation the money wouldn't have a value. Currency traders like lots and lots of data points and history so it is easier for them to predict what a currency is likely to do.

The issue with number two is for one, people that have retired and have paid all their lives into SS and medicare, and they are entitled to their money. Second, once the 27000 is gone, its gone, back to square one.

The problem with the economy is not the lack of spending money, it is because we have spent TOO much money. We do not have a liquidity crisis, we have a debt problem. There is too much debt in the system. The only way to get rid of it is to let the people that are holding the debt to default on it and clean it out of the system.

There are some other things that we can do to make sure it happens again. But they do not include replacing the currency or giving people money. If spending money works then the DOW should be at 50,000 the S&P at 10,000 and the NAS at 20,000. And nowhere to go but up.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yeah...I gotta agree with Hastobemoretolife on this one. The central issue here is debt. If counterfeiting or untaxed/illicit income is really that big of a concern, a much simpler solution would be replacing an income tax with some sort of sales tax.

Like some of the above posters have already pointed out, spending our way out of this crisis isn't going to solve anything. You cannot deficit spend your way to a healthy economy - it doesn't work for your personal bank account, why would it work for a government? The only way this'll get fixed is when policy makers stop listening to Keynes and start letting the market do its job.

FYSA

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
With enough Electricity anyone can make the dead jump, they just won't keep moving on their own.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hey, at least you are trying and thinking.
But----the main problem is fiat currency-----the idea that "money" can be based upon nothing, and agencies, both public and private can print as much as they want, and the idea that "some" companies cannot be allowed to fail.
If the economy had been allowed to falter in the early 80's (at the latest) we would be in great shape now----new technologies and much better efficiencies would have replaced the failing models of old, as should be.
NO ONE should be rewarded for failure, but should gracefully fall into obscurity, to be replaced.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I beg to differ.

My 3 steps are
1. Everybody counterfeit money.
2. Crash capitalism.
3. Activate The Venus Project, a money-free resource-based economy.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey,

Here are 3 ways to pull the US out.

1) Tax rate drop to 0% for New Manufacturing businesses and possibly existing manufacturing - this is the only way we will see an increase in the manufacturing base. Better to have Americans employed, paying taxes and spending money in the economy than taxing non-existent businesses (thus getting nothing) because they went overseas.

2) Direct recapitalization of mortgages at 0.5% from the Fed... see link (don't comment on it until you read it please) (This would have worked if done months ago... now we wasted Trillions on Banksters)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

3) 100% energy independence with liquid fuel (algae oil) see here:

[edit on 29-3-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
Hey,

Here are 3 ways to pull the US out.

1) Tax rate drop to 0% for New Manufacturing businesses and possibly existing manufacturing - this is the only way we will see an increase in the manufacturing base. Better to have Americans employed, paying taxes and spending money in the economy than taxing non-existent businesses (thus getting nothing) because they went overseas.

2) Direct recapitalization of mortgages at 0.5% from the Fed... see link (don't comment on it until you read it please) (This would have worked if done months ago... now we wasted Trillions on Banksters)

3) 100% energy independence with liquid fuel (algae oil) see here:

[edit on 29-3-2009 by infolurker]

YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well, If anyone has the ear of anyone important, please feel free to forward the information to them. I tried sending "Plan B" to politicians and talk show hosts but nada.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Well if You actually knew what are money was and how it got into the economy You wouldn't be saying the things You are saying. What money as debt it will explain that are money is actually negative meaning every dollar You actually makes is dollar plus interest. You might not be the one holding the interest payments but someone is. The only way You can fix the scam is to forgive say 20% of everyones debts which would push the clock back or create another currency.....

Now You could go with a hard currency which would not give the bankers FREE money and FREE UNLIMITED MONEY while the rest of us had to work. Gold, Silver, Copper, & Platinum would be a solution but then We would have to have a big reevaluation on prices and the rich would have to give all that up. I wouldn't mind only making a dollar a day if a dollar was worth something.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The cost involved with a currency recall and exchange every 2 years would bankrupt the USA the first time you try it, yet alone every 2 years...

Also, the easiest way to jumpstart the economy is to kill the poor...oh, but wait, that's what the NWO has on its list for step 2.

Step 1. Hoax a financial debacle, then milk the lower class suckers for every cent they have left
Step 2. Kill the poor through starvation, introduced viruses (with no health care) and blame it on them – see step 1.
Step 3. Offer the middleclass a miracle cure / fix in exchange for subservience
Step 4. Install a one world government, religion (based on pagan Lucifer worship) and deny access to vast areas of natural forest / lands etc. Restrict travel, births and marriages.
Step 5. NWO lives happily forever (because they developed wonder drugs to extend their lives years ago). And the rest of us get to serve them.

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but if they really wanted to fix things so they benefited you and I they would have done it a long time ago.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There's about 40 million people over 50 in the work force - pay them $1 million apiece severance with the following stipulations:

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings -Unemployment fixed.

2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They either buy a house/pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed.
Can't get any easier than that!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join