It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli drones attacked Iranian convoys in Sudan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Israeli drones attacked Iranian convoys in Sudan

www.breitbart.com

Israel used unmanned drones to attack clandestine Iranian convoys in Sudan that were attempting to smuggle rockets into Gaza, Britain's Sunday Times newspaper reported.

The paper said that western diplomats confirmed that Israel attacked the Iranian truck convoys in late January and the first week of February in the remote Sudan desert, just outside the Red Sea town of Port Sudan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't know if I should have posted this in the political news or not, but the article was posted today. Gotta love more good news about the middle east eh? Anyone here think the age-old conflict will end peacefully or... will one end up blowing the other off the map and possibly make a new parking lot made of glass?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Israel may be small, but man! What an intelligence network! The part I like is that their enemies are constantly surprised with Israeli capabilities.

With a significant Jewish population, it really makes on wonder what the Israelis actually know about what is going on inside Iran's highest levels.

Likely ten times more than any other country knows. The Israelis even had the highest level sources in Egypt prior to the 1967 war.

Impressive.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If they do know what's going on at the highest levels within Iran, I'd hope they would be able to deal with a nuclear threat before something gets out of hand in that respect.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Israel may be small, but man! What an intelligence network! The part I like is that their enemies are constantly surprised with Israeli capabilities.

With a significant Jewish population, it really makes on wonder what the Israelis actually know about what is going on inside Iran's highest levels.

Likely ten times more than any other country knows. The Israelis even had the highest level sources in Egypt prior to the 1967 war.

Impressive.

Totally agree which is why I think its time to take them off the government teet and let them fly on their own. It will make them look better because they are not tied to us "evil infidels" and our freedoms and it will save us 50 billion a year in taxpayer dollars.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yep, I'd agree. Right after we pull off the teat the Palestinians, and every other country that we fund.

Right now, we're getting some phenomenal help in the higher end ECM arena, and after all, it was the Israelis that developed the first practical UAV's, and shocked the US into awareness by showing a photo of a visiting US general taken by an Israeli UAV, complete with crosshairs superimposed on the photo.

Got our attention.

And now we have an entire industry dedicated to RPV's.

We may help the Israelis which would appear as the waves hitting the beach, but keep in mind, there's just as much returning under the surface as there is hitting the beaches.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Yep, I'd agree. Right after we pull off the teat the Palestinians, and every other country that we fund.

You have no arguments from me there at all. Id wash my hands of the middle east period. Saudi Arabia would be one of the first ones to be dropped with Israel running in a close second. I say we get all these fools off our government teat because it causes to many problems for us and it costs way to much money and frankly we just dont have it to spend.....

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
How did Israel get those drones into Sudan in the first place?

If they flew them in from Israel then they would have had to cross somebody's country. I don't think they could have done that without being seen. Unless of course somebody else was in on as well.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by jam321]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Not too sure how they pulled that off, maybe those Israelis are a bit sneakier than anyone expects eh?

But with a moving target with no definite time for the move UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) are best, as they can hover extremely high and remain unseen until the target is on the move," the source said

Maybe they just flew over really high....? I dont know how high UAVs can go or if that's even possible, just my guess

new topics

top topics

join