It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: out of Iraq by March 31, 2009

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
In my country, New Zealand we have a beer company called Tui.

They advertise with billboards with some writing, then on the right in an orange 1/4 or so with their logo below the words 'Yeah Right'.

For example:

"We'll be back in an hour"
- Yeah right'

"Honey, I told the Best Man no stripppers."
- Yeah Right'

For this task at hand I believe it should be something like this:

"I'll get them out by march 31st"
- Yeah right

I bet obamas' internet storm centre is going mental over this thread

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Let me guess you voted for him? I do not support him at all, I merely support our constitution and presidential office. If Mccain was elected I doubt he could have done worse than what Obama and his cronies in this short time has ruined the country. Logic idea to be up to your eyeballs in debt, and spend a TON more money to put yourself into more debt. And his CONSTANT lies to the american people. His speech regarding the bailout bill he states finally a bill with NO earmarks... HELLO over 8000 earmarks!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigshow

blah blah blah

As usual, no one can answer my questions. Becaues your too busy with your same ol same ol infantile and baseless rhetoric. really, i jsut here the same blabber on every thread, and no one contributes anything of value anymore.

And don't get me started on the melodrama. This site has gone from reasonable and informative debates on interesting subjects to the bipartisan baseless drama coupled with a mob mentality.

And it just reeks of desperation.

The fact is, who knows what kind of information was handed to him in the white house.
Was he silly in setting a date? yes. I won't disagree with that.
But it is a lie and decietful and a horrible thing to do? Hardly.

We are talking about a six year war, started illegally, and going badly. That has killed soldiers and millions of Iraqis who are STILL living in terror, without food, water, and electricity. Leaving the whole world ticked at us.

Many have not had electricity since the war began.

And you are on here spending all your energy griping about how a politician missed a an experation date from a campaign debate?

Not only is it our two nations at stake, our actions have put europe in the limelight and countries such as Canada and Austrailia have some troops as well. Though I think Austrailia withdrew, I can't remember.

Fact is, if this is the first thing that he would be doing as potus, then by next year would be 2010.
I have heard the reasonable sixteen month timeline of august, 2010.

So a politician changed tactics. Boo hoo, here is a hanky. It is war. Tactics have to change everyday. There is nothing predictable about war.

I would be more worried if this "campaign' promise was kept. Then that means we have another cowboy. The last thing this country needs is another cowboy.

But since this is all you have to gripe about is a date mentioned sometime last year during a campaign debate, I would take that as a compliment if I were the Obama administration.
It means you had to really dig to find something wrong. And considering all the fervor the conservative have been going on with their baseless accusations, I would say that is the case. Because it just screams: I am threatened.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by bigshow

blah blah blah

As usual, no one can answer my questions. Becaues your too busy with your same ol same ol infantile and baseless rhetoric. really, i jsut here the same blabber on every thread, and no one contributes anything of value anymore.

And don't get me started on the melodrama. This site has gone from reasonable and informative debates on interesting subjects to the bipartisan baseless drama coupled with a mob mentality.

And it just reeks of desperation.

The fact is, who knows what kind of information was handed to him in the white house.
Was he silly in setting a date? yes. I won't disagree with that.
But it is a lie and decietful and a horrible thing to do? Hardly.

We are talking about a six year war, started illegally, and going badly. That has killed soldiers and millions of Iraqis who are STILL living in terror, without food, water, and electricity. Leaving the whole world ticked at us.

Many have not had electricity since the war began.

And you are on here spending all your energy griping about how a politician missed a an experation date from a campaign debate?

Not only is it our two nations at stake, our actions have put europe in the limelight and countries such as Canada and Austrailia have some troops as well. Though I think Austrailia withdrew, I can't remember.

Fact is, if this is the first thing that he would be doing as potus, then by next year would be 2010.
I have heard the reasonable sixteen month timeline of august, 2010.

So a politician changed tactics. Boo hoo, here is a hanky. It is war. Tactics have to change everyday. There is nothing predictable about war.

I would be more worried if this "campaign' promise was kept. Then that means we have another cowboy. The last thing this country needs is another cowboy.

But since this is all you have to gripe about is a date mentioned sometime last year during a campaign debate, I would take that as a compliment if I were the Obama administration.
It means you had to really dig to find something wrong. And considering all the fervor the conservative have been going on with their baseless accusations, I would say that is the case. Because it just screams: I am threatened.

I find a lot of inconsistancy in your post.

You are willing to grant the fact that Obama may have received better information on the Iraq War once he was the POTUS.

At the same time you go ahead and deny that the last President may have also received better information than you or I are privy to.

You claim that President Bush, "started an illegal war", and that the war was "going badly" right up until the messiah Obama took control...

Now suddenly, there are real reasons why we have to stay in Iraq, there are noble reasons for being there, it is no longer an "illegal occupation".

Well which is it? Is it an illegal war or not? If it is illegal, then it is equally illegal for Obama to remain there even one more day.

On the other hand, if President Bush knew a few things that have not been made public (like 550 tons of yellow cake in Iraq), then there were probably some very good reasons for going in. There were good reasons to win and equally good reasons to stay.

I am not criticizing Obama for leaving Iraq. I am criticizing him for politicizing the issue, courting the votes of Code Pink, MoveOn, Daily KOS, and then forgetting about these folks now that he no longer needs them. Breaking camaign promises is one thing, breaking them all is quite another.

Can you provide me with list of campaign promises that Obama has kept? I can't find even one promise that he has kept. That is the problem for me.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Obama followers are great for one thing - making excuses! President Bush was responsible for everything wrong in every liberal's life, but Obama - well now - don't blame the messiah. He has "inhertied" his problems, things take time, he knows more than we do , blah blah blah.

They will never hold him accountable. NEVER. The man lies through his teeth and they eat it up.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why don't msnbc show what obama said about iraq and withdrawl and denounce him lol.

Double standards. Its amazing that obama and bush stand for the same thing, then we have different networks, projecting out there favs, when there is no difference at all.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What is so funny about all of this is that SO MANY people actually believe what those who are in any level of politics tell you. They lie on their resume's just like so many corporate executives do. The greedy people LIE in order to get more money. There is no morals or true values to these people. They sell out to the highest bidder. We have got to get a choke hold on our political system now. A reset of our government is in order. We need to make this a polical system and country based off of old rhetoric. A government of the people, for the people, by the people. Whats sad is too many people actually thought you were getting some one with new ideas. It is the same game just different faces every 4 to 8 years. WAKE UP PEOPLE..!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Fast-forward to 1:43

Change my ass!

This is proof the two dominant political parties in this "sold-out" country are nonetheless the same.

OBAMA AND THE REST OF THE PRESIDENTS AFTER KENNEDY ARE MERELY FIGUREHEADS!

WAKE-UP! Disassociate yourself from the false left-right paradigm! I live in a country where I am basically taxed an entire week's worth of work thanks in-part to Uncle Sam! MY TAXES are eventually going to payoff the numerous bailouts for mismanaged corporations!

DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IS CURRENTLY HAPPENING! READ ABOUT ANCIENT EMPIRES! HISTORY IS INEVITABLY REPEATING ITSELF AS WE SPEAK! IT IS MADDENING!

[edit on 31-3-2009 by LactoseIntolerant]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Hey Bigshow, why are we, as an empire, obligated to continue occupation in a third-world, middle-eastern nation known as Iraq? Your justification is utterly unconvincing.

Do you not understand that millions of dollars are invested in our ongoing war DAILY!?

Newsflash: our economy is shot! We have now inflated the dollar to unpredecented levels thanks to consecutive corporate bailouts!

But no, let's continue to wage war half a world away while innocent civilians risk being collateral damage everyday. We wouldn't have insurgents over there if left in the first place! NO WAR IS JUSTIFIED!

Catch up on some Roman history and be amazed at numerous parallels with our own country!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LactoseIntolerant

This is a reply to Nixie_Nox as well as Lactose. I made no mention that I support the war. Because I don't, I think we as a country should butt out of other countries problems and focus on our own. Let them blow themselves to kingdom come. I am merely tired of the sheeple with false hope that Obama is a messiah. He lies through his teeth everyday, I never supported bush either with his first round of bailouts. And to your response that no war is justified I completely disagree, World war 1 and 2, Revolutionary war and the Civil war. And the way Obama is going along with all of the other cronies in running this country into the ground we are facing another civil war. And to nixie enough bantering and crying, face the real problem which is our government and the sheeple that elected this cronie into office, and the way you defend him it seems you are among those sheeple.

Edit: Another reply to Nixie, I did not have to dig at all to find all sorts of things wrong with this administration. He was elected under a false hope, I am not scared of the government our yourself, I'm scared for our country and how our constitution is being thrown out the door, and I'm scared of the sheeple who will go nuts when the SHTF. But I am prepared for that moment with my 2nd amendment ready and willing to be used.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by bigshow]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I was waiting for someone in D.C. to say to him, "Mr. President, I know what you said you just can't DO that." and am glad they did. It'd be quite a disaster if so. There aren't many people I like in the administration, but one I am a fan of is this gentleman here:

Dr. Robert M. Gates was sworn in on December 18, 2006, as the 22nd Secretary of Defense.

Secretary Gates served as Director of Central Intelligence from 1991 until 1993. Secretary Gates is the only career officer in CIA's history to rise from entry-level employee to Director.

Secretary Gates joined the Central Intelligence Agency in 1966 and spent nearly 27 years as an intelligence professional, serving six presidents.

Secretary Gates has been awarded the National Security Medal, the Presidential Citizens Medal, has twice received the National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal, and has three times received CIA's highest award, the Distinguished Intelligence Medal.

Dr. Gates has also served on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the American Council on Education, the Board of Directors of the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges, and the National Executive Board of the Boy Scouts of America. He has also been President of the National Eagle Scout Association.

A native of Kansas, Secretary Gates received his bachelor's degree from the College of William and Mary, his master's degree in history from Indiana University, and his doctorate in Russian and Soviet history from Georgetown University.

In 1967 he was commissioned a second lieutenant in the U.S. Air Force and served for a year as an intelligence officer at Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri.
www.defenselink.mil...

You should hear this guy talk. Straight and to the point.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigshow
reply to post by nixie_nox
Let me guess you voted for him? I do not support him at all, I merely support our constitution and presidential office. If Mccain was elected I doubt he could have done worse than what Obama and his cronies in this short time has ruined the country. Logic idea to be up to your eyeballs in debt, and spend a TON more money to put yourself into more debt. And his CONSTANT lies to the american people. His speech regarding the bailout bill he states finally a bill with NO earmarks... HELLO over 8000 earmarks!

The stimulus bill (I assume that is what you are referring to) had no earmarks in it. You are thinking of the general budget bill that was prepared last year. Don't speak unless you know what you are talking about.

Originally posted by lunarminer
Can you provide me with list of campaign promises that Obama has kept? I can't find even one promise that he has kept. That is the problem for me.

Here is a list: Promises Kept

[edit on 4/7/2009 by bubba0216]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
He may not even withdraw all combat troops from Iraq...

General: We may have to ignore Iraq deadline to halt al-Qaeda terror

Ain't that sweet?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join