It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: out of Iraq by March 31, 2009

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well, he has two days to make good on this.
This was from a debate on CNN, apparently an earlier one. AS the candidate field is fairly large.

Video is here:
Out by March 2009

Here is a text, if you have a slow connection.

Begin a phased withdrawal, have our combat troops out by march 31st of next year,
and initiate the kind of diplomatic surge that is necessary in the surrounding regions.

Make sure that everybody is carrying their weight, and that is what I will do on DAY ONE as

President of the United States.

This is one of the things that got this man elected. Obama the Anti-war candidate.

You have two days sir!

[edit on 29-3-2009 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

I wouldn't pop any pop-corn if I were you.

As I'm sure you did, I saw this one coming from a mile away.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
haha... this calls for a confrontation..

nice reminder to all S&F

wonder what he will think up..
euh ...euh i ..euh i..... had not much sleep last 48 hours....

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well I Have popped a little corn since then. Only on movie nights, at home.
Because I can't afford to go to the theater much these days.

Seems somebody knocked the struts from under our economy, just in time to allow BO a perfectly good excuse to save us, in other ways.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
One more campaign promise that ends up empty......I hope the supporters realize how they have been duped...LOL.....no, they'll make excuses...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Seems somebody knocked the struts from under our economy, just in time to allow BO a perfectly good excuse to save us, in other ways.

Now that is a conspiracy of colossal proportions.

I hope you are wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

Contemplating the Bush administration, I now realize...."out of the pan, into the fire".

Just goes to show people should be more careful what they wish for.

Scary universe.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, Obama is a politician and did not stay true to his word! Stop the presses! Politicians are not trustworthy!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Remember when running for office you can say anything to get elected. The downside is that We The People will hold you accountable. Go down the check list of what obama said he would do when running for office if elected and one of the things he promised was change and he surely has done that well but he forgot to tell you what $Trillions$ of change meant.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
The downside is that We The People will hold you accountable.

Really? What universe are you in? Because I'd really like to know if there are any seats available for me?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

LOL, yes I agree. OMG a dishonest politician!

But we have new tools to hold them accountable.
We have the ability to communicate to people all over the world in a few microseconds. To expose the hypocrisy.

Just a few short years ago, I would have had to rely on a TV station, or a newspaper to dig this up. Now I can do it on my own.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I can't wait for the group of 20 or so Obama supporters left on here to see which orfice they pull an excuse out of this time.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Now it seems to me that the message we should be focusing on for the next election (dear Lord, let's hope there IS one) is that we must add a few new realities contrary to those that have become entrenched in our fellow countrymen.

Lesson 1: "It's not the candidate, I repeat NOT the candidate..,"

As much as we want to , we MUST NOT believe in the pretty words, the handsome or lovely faces, the praise of their 'peers,' or the personal histories of the politicians. THE PARTY AGENDA DICTATES THE POLICY. Politicians who stray too drastically from the agenda become, to a great degree, marginalized or rendered ineffectual.

The faces we see, the voices we hear, even to a great extent the 'actions' we are presented with are NOT any indication of what that agenda is. It appears that American's WANT to assume the agenda is beneficial, and that is a doctrine I am not disposed to argue at this juncture; for those suspicious of the agenda already will never trust as they may have in the past. Those who do trust, for whatever motivation, will not have their faith challenged without resistance which is besides the point. I leave that assumption of partisan benevolence as an element for each individual to consider; for the time being.

Lesson 2: "Elections have been changed: It's a POPULARITY contest now."

Politicians cannot survive their careers, in anonymity. They require public attention to be viable in their efforts to be selected as the most popular. Elections are about POPULARITY.

This fact speaks for itself. Consider that although most proclaim to choose a candidate based on rational judgment, issues, and perceived confidence in the candidate's capabilities as a leader, a vast majority of African Americans voted for Barak Obama; there is something very telling in that statistic. Large swaths of formerly ideologically opposed Americans jumped at the chance for 'change' as it was marketed to them. Popularism is a powerful approach to political strategy.

No one (usually) get's elected by telling the people that "it's NOT going to be OK". We MUST ACCEPT that for the most part, POLITICIANS SAY WHAT THEY BELIEVE YOU WANT TO HEAR. It has ever been so....

Lesson 3: Politicians KNOW what they are "supposed" to do..., BECAUSE THE PARTY HAS ALREADY DECIDED. They would NOT support his candidacy otherwise.

If you look into it, you will find that there is a huge population of 'disenfranchised' politicians. Most of whom refused to conform to the party, and were simply 'frozen out' of the mainstream.

Everything happens in politics for a reason. It is a stage, and the actors follow direction as they are instructed. Each party member plays their part, bringing up 'issues' at the right time, throwing down gauntlets when expedient. These politicians of ours are jacked up on Hollywood and Wallstreet media hormones.

Lesson 4: What you though you heard doesn't matter.

The most successful politicians are those who can afford to 'ignore' their own contradictory lives. Most of these people - these leaders, have criminal records. Most of them can't afford to be scrutinized closely. Many of them are one step ahead of the law. Some of them are truly criminal characters, and in the party, the members know exactly who they are. But they tolerate it, for money. They need money to buy media time.

The best salesman wins.

Should I go on, or am I preaching to a choir? I purposefully abbreviate this soapbox diatribe, because I don't like wasting people's time.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What makes this case different from all of the other ones is one thing.

People ACTUALLY THOUGHT OBAMA WAS CHANGE.

They voted for him because they trusted his words and thought he would keep them.

IMO, THAT is why he got elected, which is not a bad reason if it were true. I still think those who believed him were naive.

Since he was elected by the people, I for a second got a sense that I could have been wrong about him...but nope.

I have learned to tell a fox out of a bunch through out my life...it surprises me that so many people here have not learned to do the same.

Just to note...Obama was NEVER anti-war, or else he would not have wanted to hit Afghanistan from point zero.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Didn't you hear he changed his mind, no withdraw,
second line
www.google.com...

Obama: won't speed up Iraq pull out

10 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he won't consider speeding up the troop pullout from Iraq even though security has improved and violence has decreased.

"I think the plan that we put forward in Iraq is the right one" because it calls for "a very gradual withdrawal through the national elections in Iraq," he said in an interviewed aired Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation."

While he didn't dispute the notion of military progress, Obama said there's plenty to do on the political side to resolve differences between the various sectarian groups. Iraq's security forces also need to be trained, he added.

"I'm confident that we're moving in the right direction. But Iraq is not yet completed. We still have a lot of work to do," the president said of the war that's winding down after six hard-fought years.

Separately, Defense Secretary Robert Gates told "Fox News Sunday" that he hasn't seen "anything at this point that would lead me to think that there will be a need to change the timeline."

The plan that Obama announced last month calls for withdrawing combat troops by the end of August 2010. After the drawdown, a large force of as many as 50,000 troops — about one-third of what is there now — will remain with a new, noncombat mission: train Iraqis, protect U.S. assets and personnel and conduct anti-terror operations.

In the wide-ranging interview he taped on Friday, Obama also said:

[edit on 083131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
meh... Obama...

doubt any president has ever fulfilled their promises with deadlines.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Come on, now spacedoubt. Did you REALLY believe he would keep his promises? How about the "middle class tax cut"? That is also dead on arrival.
what about the promise to eliminate taxes for seniors making less than $50,000 a year? Dead on arrival.
No more pork? Dead on arrival, with almost 9,000 earmarks in the spending bill.
No lobbyists in his administration? Dead on arrival.
5 days for the public to view and debate new legislation? Dead on arrival
Tax credits for businesses that hire new worker in 2009 and 2010? Dead on arrival.

Politicians lie. That is the nature of the beast. The real pity is that so many Americans seem to BELIEVE politicians. That's why we're in the mess we're in.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
No need to hold Obama accountable for his original statement about getting out of Iraq.

Obama has been clear... he plans to expand the action in Afghanistan and add a Civilian Security Force. His followers have not questioned Obama's intent.

This was never about the war or other election promises. This was about a chance to prosper from the Democratic entitlements and other sources of loot.

Selfishness and individualism reign in the liberal party, nothing will be questioned as long as there is the potential to benefit at the cost of those who share a different ideology.

The payoff is coming for Obama believers.

The rest of us will be left holding the bag for a very very long time.

[edit on 2009/29/3 by Marmota monax]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The only promises I have ever heard a President Keep was the Oath of Office-and that can be debated by just about everyone that has an opinion about what is considered to be the Oath of Office.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Did anyone honestly expect this to happen? Are there still starry-eyed obamunists out there grasping naively to the promise of "hope" and "change?" You've all been duped and let me be the first to say "HA HA!" This isn't the first pledge BHO has broken and it isn't going to be the last.

TheAssociate

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Well, he has two days to make good on this.
This was from a debate on CNN, apparently an earlier one. AS the candidate field is fairly large.

Video is here:
Out by March 2009

Here is a text, if you have a slow connection.

Begin a phased withdrawal, have our combat troops out by march 31st of next year,
and initiate the kind of diplomatic surge that is necessary in the surrounding regions.

Make sure that everybody is carrying their weight, and that is what I will do on DAY ONE as

President of the United States.

This is one of the things that got this man elected. Obama the Anti-war candidate.

You have two days sir!

[edit on 29-3-2009 by spacedoubt]

There are only 2 things certain in the world

Death and higher Taxes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join