It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tory donor is expelled from party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Tory donor is expelled from party

news.bbc.co.uk

The Conservative party says it has expelled a multi-millionaire donor who gave £100,000 to UKIP.

Mr Wheeler had told the News of the World newspaper that "the European Union is doing so much damage to our economy and our way of life that I can no longer vote Conservative at the European elections".

the prospect of Stuart Wheeler actively funding candidates who are going to stand against Tory candidates in European elections was really too much to stomach
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ha, that upset the conservatives a bit...

Good job too.

The next elections are going to be really interesting. I've seen quite a lot of news about the UKIP lately.

Not that they'll be any different from the other lot.. the only change that will occur is that it will have knocked Labour and the conservatives off of their pedestals which they have been upon for many years

UKIP is poised for European elections success in June and a big vote would unhinge British politics, says retiring Eastern Region MEP Jeffrey Titford.

Speaking with the East Anglian Daily Times political correspondent, Mr Titford said a big vote for UKIP would "unhinge British politics".

He told Graham Dines: “We were a foot in the door in 1999. In 2004, we pushed it open so that people could see who was coming through that door. This year, the door will be pushed wide open.”

www.ukip.org...

I am kinda really hoping they get the chance to unhinge british politics.. with any luck they got a few cards up their sleeves that nobody is aware of...

time will tell

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

join