It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People on ATS Are So Gullible!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I like this place, but people here are so gullible if you told them you had superpowers they would believe you.

If you know something bad is going to happen but you have no evidence this is the place for you.

If your source for information is the "spirit world" people here will probably believe you.

If you came from the future but you forgot to take pictures of the future, people here will believe you.

If your an alien stuck on earth cause your spaceship crashed everyone will believe you.

What I'm trying to say is, it's really easy to trick most of you.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by SuperSlovak]

[edit on 29-3-2009 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah whatever, next your gonna say aliens can't dance!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The obvious logic flaw here is in lumping everyone into the same category. Funny how often that causes problems, isn't it? Just because you can post some inane drivel and someone will buy it isn't an indicator at all of ATS in entirety.

I'll opine that you could come up with something goofy and you'd be hard pressed to find a place where no one would believe it. There's always a couple.

I think your use of the terms "everyone" or "most", is way overstated and completely inaccurate.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I have to strongly disagree. There are always some who will believe or defend the original poster or their claims. However, most members will pick the thread apart bit by bit, often not without a heavy dose of humor and ridicule in the cases of particularly inane claims.

Take a gander at the Grey Area, Predictions, UFO's and a few other forums for example. Those typically lean heavily in favor of skepticism. Then browse around some more evenly split forums. It's either extremely in favor of the skeptics or at least a good 50/50 divide in most cases.

There have even been rant threads about how the skeptics often derail topics since there's so many of them here. Just remember ATS will generally lean in favor of conspiracies. But even considering that and the fact the site is here for the discussion of alternative topics, we definitely have our share of outspoken skeptics and detractors.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
OP, in the famous paraphrased words of Spinal Tap: I like to believe everything I read, I think that makes me a more selective person.

[edit on 29 Mar 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I strongly disagree.

There are a couple of people who will believe ANYTHING you tell them. but that is the same anywhere you go in life. Not just here.

About 99% of ATS will question claims made by people. I see everyday people essentially demand proof or evidnece of such outrageous claims. I see everyday, people call others out for obviously fabricated stories. I see everyday people get proven to be hoaxers. I see people get banned thanks to the efforts of the ATS community proving that people are hoaxing.

I see more people demanding proof of such claims and demanding the be banned if they are caught hoaxing, here on ATS, than anywhere else!

As odd as it may sound, while ATS members have such a wide spectrum of beliefs, we are some of the LEAST gullibe people around!

Just because we have an open mind, does not make us dumb. It does not make us gullibe and it does not force us to believe everything that is said. I certainly don't and That is the same for MOST ATS members.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
OP, in the famous paraphrased words of Spinal Tap: I like to believe everything I read, I think that makes me a more selective person.

[edit on 29 Mar 2009 by schrodingers dog]

you know i just completely read that in my head with a goofy accent..lol

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So, what you chose not to believe in, the rest of us cannot?

How rude is it of you, to state your own dissatisfaction of what people post here. If you don't like it, then well, what is your choice?

Don't reply, don't read the topics youi don't like. Nobody is forcing you.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

While you say gullible, I say open minded. Sure some of things that are said are out of this world, but who am I to judge or say that they are wrong. I have no evidence against them. Personally, I accept what I read and make the decision to believe or not. After all some of the best conspiracies are the ones that take faith to believe in....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If I started a thread something like
I CAN OPEN PORTALS INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION
I bet you I'd get 100 replies from gullible sheep who believe anything.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yes...but I highly doubt it would be from 100 different people...I could see three people replying over and over. So long story short...I will take that bet.

schrodinger...I HAD...I mean literally compelled to...HAD to star that for a ST reference...

Yes but our amp goes to 11

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

No baby it's the sheeple who believe everything that the powers that be brainwash them with that are the gullible ones.Folks here on ATS at least are prepared to open their minds. I agree some threads are a bit OTT but who knows? Some pretty trippy stuff has happened in my life-----I know it's real but many people would'nt believe me on some of it.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If a writer wrote they had superpowers, I would read the post out of interest. I like different posts, and some just appeal to me. That does not mean I believe it, but I do admit I like to be entertained. As stated by many here, if one does not like the thread, move on to the next one.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
If I started a thread something like
I CAN OPEN PORTALS INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION
I bet you I'd get 100 replies from gullible sheep who believe anything.

No, you would get 2 who believe you and the other 98 would be demanding evidence of that claim. They would be essentialy saying put up or shut up.

That is how those threads always go, a small number buy it and the rest are screaming hoax and demanding evidence, then often times, the OP gets banned. They get banned because we are not anywhere near as gullible as you have us made out to be.

So let me ask you something. Why did you join ATS? Do you not believe in any of the "supernatural" things that are often discussed here? Do you believe in god? Aliens? Ghosts? Anything that science has yet to prove?

If so, with all due respect, this thread is a bit hypocritical of you.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

new topics

top topics

join