It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine: Amazing UFO(Possible landing)filmed by ufologists, video quality- low 3-2009

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Your typical UFO investigator in those areas would only be too happy if any of those turning up their noses at their footage would donate there brand spanking new Canon HD digital camera. How many weeks wages do you think they would cost, even a fairly well off person, in that part of the world?

I've got the Canon HF100 HD 1920x1200 camcorder, and let me say this - the image stabilization on that camera is SHOCKING! You only have to walk along with it and the picture bounces judders and shakes all over the place. In a fixed position, it's ok. Normal SD camcorders can handle fast pans and rapid movement reasonably well. But this Canon HD thing is terrible if you want to shoot something in a frantic moment. Sea-sickness. You'd think they would work those issues out before they bring them to market. I bought my HD camcorder partly in the hope that it would capture a UFO on video one day, but if this Ukranian vid is the best a run-of-the-mill DV camcorder can do, I don't hold out much hope for my efforts.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
People are to quick to dismiss videos on ATS especially when it comes to ufo videos. We allways come up with somthing it could be, ok 9 times outta 10 we are more than likely right but as for the video in question. I for one think this video looks legit. Ok yes not the best quality but i dont think it has been edited. (Dont Think) So if it hasnt been edited it is a UFO (alien controlled?? Who knows)

UFO's Do not exist in most peoples eyes unless they see it for them selfs. So do you beleive in DNA thats somthing you cant see! but we all know its true! Dinasaurs? Wales? Dolphins i havnt seen any for my self but i know they all exist or existed!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Before we all go railing on the quality of the video that has been shot let me just say this... There is some typical cultural arrogance going on here..

Wake up call people, this is the ex Soviet Union, where people make less a week, for 40 hours work, than many get on state benefit in other countries... Your typical UFO investigator in those areas would only be too happy if any of those turning up their noses at their footage would donate there brand spanking new Canon HD digital camera. How many weeks wages do you think they would cost, even a fairly well off person, in that part of the world?

By and large, you didn't get into the Soviet media unless you were a card carrying part *safe* member of the party. Which means, many of the new generation have no family background in such things to stand them in good stead. They are learning on the job, as it were, and their delivery and simple understanding of basic techniques are still pretty far behind those in the media *developed* nations..

So, before you go poking fun at these people and their efforts, try stepping out of the arrogant mind set, of the media savvy world we, mostly, live in and judge it a little more from the perspective of people with virtually no resources doing their best to mirror some of what they see going on elsewhere.

Some of the comments are tantamount to laughing at a one legged runner not being able to compete with bipedal runners. Personally, however "ropey", the footage is, i thank them for publishing it and giving people the back ground on it... Whether it is a fake or real.. is what is under discussion here, this is not *video 101 class*.

Belittling people for trying, what might well be their best, given what they have to work with, is just rank bad manners in my opinion and reflects one of the reasons why Americans, Brits and other Western cultures are often considered such arrogant cocks by many in the rest of the world...

Well said, the attitude here stinks, and infact when it comes to UFOs there generally is the attitude that if it isnt seen in the US its fake or rubbish: as if the idea that aliens could be interested in any where other than the US is preposterous.
Furthermore the idea floated that it is ball lightning is absurd-they went to a UFO spot and happened to get ball lightning (rare as hens teeth) that looked like a UFO.
More interesting is the fact that this footage looks very similiar to the one on the board with the family and the skipping rope-an A1 video-and that cannot be a Lamp or Ball lighting-that alone makes this sighting of real interest.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My mom speaks Ukrainian so I'm going to show her the video in a little bit and have her translate what they are saying in the video. Maybe that could be of some help.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's kind of funny that you can go to youtube, and see all sorts of camcorder video, day and night, of a normal nature, and they are amazingly steady and clear. Then you get a 'ufo' like this, and I think the guy has to be standing on one of those paint mixers, the camera is shaking so severely.

Just youtube airplane.. or model airplane.. hmmm.. quite astounding that these folks can keep their objects in the frame, even when zooming in and out. And 'professional' ufologists are actually moving while filming, instead of getting a steady, braced shot.

Like I said.. makes me very suspicious.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
bloody part timeers lol now who here would go looking for UFO's and take a vidcam and no trpod lol
the zoomed out shots are usless to id the object and the close ups may look like that because the cam is so cheap that it cant filter lense flair (remember they are to cheap to by a tripod!!!)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join