It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rise Of The ATS Invertebrate: or, it takes a spine to be a conspiracy theorist.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's a sign of the times..nowadays people seem so easily offended. As ATS has grown, and becomes known to a wider and wider audience, some in that audience may not be ready to discuss "conspiracies". See,.. right there, somebody is gunna take offense to that statement.
Having a spine doesn't just mean to be able to take, I'm not sure what the right word is,..critisism, but to also see what not to say.
just my opinion..

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I would like to ask if a whole thread calling a certain segment of the forum schizophrenic is considered an insult and against T and C ?

Just wondering.

And I thought we had been warned about the race baiting?

[edit on 022828p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The first time I ever got a post edited for something like that was when I ask another poster if they were on medication. Honestly though it was like they were forgetting everything that was being said, like they were purposely missing the points of the post.

I mean I guess I deserved it and it did fit with what I was trying to say. I didn’t get a warning but my post was edited. I was sort of sad, but got over it. That was one of my favorite things to ask too when people seemed oblivious to what was being posted. Now I have to find a better way to do it

That took place the end of last year or early this year. But I still love ATS.

Have I reported posts? Sure when they were actually cursing attacks on another member or obvious advertising. But as far as attacks go I don’t mind I laugh a little inside when people get all snippy.

I always imagine some posters like this at times.

I don't know the true story behind this kid but the video always makes me smile.

Raist

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hey SO! I was wondering what you think about the people that are really out there that are disinfo agents. I know you said that it's wrong to call other people disinfo agents on this forum but I'm sure if I look back at my list of subscribed threads I could pull up a few threads where they were obviously started by someone who wanted to stir up trouble. If they aren't disinfo agents they certainly are trouble makers or trolls.

There was this one thread where this one person made a post that was very outrageous that suggested our identity should be completely public and without our identity being public we don't have an identity and we're hiding behind our username. So I'm just thinking like with people doing that kind of stuff how is changing it how can you honestly not call these people out? It's not about not having a spine. It's about recognizing when someone wants to stir **** up.

And also, I may be a skeptic on certain conspiracy theories but I'm pretty much anti-establishment in nature. So I naturally associate myself with other people who are anti-establishment because they will share certain views I do. It doesn't mean that I'm a disruptive person. It just means that I am a critical thinker about the world around me and I don't take things at face value, as you've said I don't believe everything I see on the interwebs. I just thought I'd share that.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I thank you for bringing this to the surface. I have only been around a little more then a year but I have noticed some our new commers are not understanding what this site is truely about, share our views debate them with each other to realize new concepts and ideas. I hope this thread here helps bring a better calm back to the forum, this is by far my favorite forum.
For the new commers, I been confronted a few times by moderators on how i react I have lost a thread or two because i didnt think it out before posting. I have had a few replys taken down because i was ryde or over quoted, many reasons to be reminded of the rules here in this forum. I would like to say thank you moderators for not taking me out as a member and helping me learn hwo to be a good contributor to this site. Im sure I will make another error but Im working it out and I beleive order is on the horizon forus here on ATS. peace

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
The list of an increase in ultra-sensitivity toward topics can go on and on, and includes those on all sides of a given topic, debate, issue, politics, etc.

Where there are genuine personal attacks within these complaints, we take action. And in some cases, such as the 9/11 or Secret Societies forums, our action may be more severe than other forums because of previous problems. But as of late, more often than not, the complaints we're seeing are less and less about personal attacks, and more and more inspired by personal sensitivities.

This has nothing to do with ATS. This is a symptom of the USA as a whole, and maybe even the world.

Remember when Don Imus was called on to be fired? Seems like EVERYBODY wanted him fired...

How about much more recently, when Tracy Morgan was attacked for a STAND-UP PERFORMANCE. This is particularly disgusting to me because I believe in the first amendment AND that performance art, in a comedy club, was the only art that we can see anymore in which the performer didn't have to be scared of offending somebody. Well, that's changed now, and the entire country has been sissified.

Thin skin is a growing problem and I'm not having any of it. I've never "alerted" the mods in any way shape or form, and I hope plenty of people have run and tattled on me, because that means I am doing my job and helping them "man up."

Anyway, I have go do family stuff. Someone report me for using the sexist term, "man up."

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Agreed.

If you don't have a little backbone and a thick skin you have no business being a conspiracy theorist.

If you can't take the heat, just lurk. If you want to venture an opinion, you better be prepared for people to attack it and you'd better be prepared to defend it. If you can't do both - you shouldn't have posted in the first place....

Just my $0.02....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Very Nice, Well Written and Well Worded and to the point.

I have always felt You Tube made too many into arm chair conspiraacy therorist.
Anyone can splice clips, or make up any story from internet stories.

What makes a real conspiracy therorist is one, you have a specific therory that you have spent time documenting and going around looking things up. Also this means you are in the middle of something or near something too.

Poeple who are running for their lives tend to be better truth tellers than arm chair gamers who are afternoon conspiracy therorist.

Also too many people I have seen take these ideas too personal, becuse you believe is ok, but dont call it the the Holy Gospel. Until the truth is shown to us, every idea has the possiblity of being right

So your royal dudness, way awsome post, Will be sure when I start a thread to make sure I put my own physical evidences in it

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Howdy, I'm new to ATS and look forward to discussion. From first appearance of this post and the listed issues, it appears that it is directly reflecting our collective societal norm (at least in the US). We have been divided by the media wealth and the 'spinners' and everyone is buying into being derisive towards the individuals or groups not associated with your individual view. Seems that in forums filled with strong opinions that we should consider that maybe all opinions are valid, a sort of multi-coexistence point of view. That said, being strongly opinionated also requires having a sturdy temperament...don't back down, but be civil. Hooray for free speech!

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join