It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we get a Tin Hat BB code - Smiley Face?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Like this then?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Love it!!

can the hat still come on and off with the smile?

OK, I LOVE the work you did, but that doesn't count for anything.....

The owners, mods and the rest of ATS, are who count!

So.... think you can send those via u2u to the PTB here... see what they say?

Dang.... not a single mod has come in on the thread to say anything, or express an opinion.....

hint hint mods!!!!

Is there any feed back from the PTB here for this idea?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The tinfoil hat smiley should be added as a salute to Tinwiki if nothing else. Either or both the ones posted above are ace. Someone recently suggested a 'face slap' smiley and I'd love to see it added. Instead of the
or
, face slap says a lot.
is for trolls, but a simple face slap is a reasonable statement.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I agree that Loam has a great icon with the "appearing hat" Now all we need is to remove the flamer Icon or vomit icon, and change the BB code to add the tin foil hat icon. Perhaps there is even a slot left to add the Tin foil guy without having to remove any other icons. Where are the MODS when you need them?

Loam

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This thread deserves a BUMP to get it back into the limelight. I think it would be cool if our resident ATS artists pitched in their talents to come up with more designs. ATS is a unique site that deserves it's own set of custom Smiley icons.

How about a Grey Alien smiley. Big black oval eyes and alien head shape. Reptilian Alien icon?

How about it, what is your idea or design??

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh man I would love a tin foil hat smiley!
Bring it on peoples.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I had u2u'd this thread to a mod about a week ago, but have never gotten a response..... so I guess, we won't get a tin foil hat BB smiley.

No PTB have ever responded. Oh, well - I thought it was a cool idea, but doesn't look like it will ever be.

The thread has had only silence from the top.

At least we tried.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I would not give up so quickly on the idea. The Staff is quite busy these days working behind the scenes on some new projects. They may get around to visiting this thread, or a tin foil hat guy may just suddenly appear. I proposed a site correction, and was told that it will happen, just not right away. These things take time when the staff is busy.

It is a great concept and I really like Loams "Appearing" tin foil hat. Time will tell if it, or something similar gets adopted.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I also think loam's Appearing hat smiley is perfect!

Let's try to keep this thread hot so we can get some mod attention!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Okay, I will post something then, if you think that will finally get attention from the higher ups.

I love loam's appearing tin hat also, I like the smile one too, it would be cool to have that one with a hat coming on and off also.

Heeelllloooo mods.... anyone there? has anyone looked at the thread?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Bump!

We're bound to get some attention as long as we can keep this thread at te top!

Third _____ .

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

While not being intended for negative things, such as to emote someones ideas as looney. I could see it being used in that manner far more frequently then as a joke or something friendly.

It invites the wrong type of closed mindedness that I think most here agree is not welcome.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

Pretty much ANY of the smiley faces can be used in a manner which could be taken as negative. When that happens it is far more of a reflection on the person who uses the icon in a negative manner, than the one they try to direct it to. Anyone who tries to make fun of another members post is simply childish and only shows off their ignorance when they poke fun at them with a smiley face.

The Tin Hat icon could be used in positive ways and it would seem that several members think the idea has merit. I would certainly replace the "vomit" or "fire breath" smiley face with a Tin hat one any day.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I agree, however. The other smileys can't be used in such a judgmental manner that the tin hat could. You wont create nearly the same embarrassing feelings telling someone there opinion is puke on this type of forum like you will telling someone they are nutty with a tin hat emote. It closes them down from wanting to express creative ideas for fear of public ridicule in the form of being called nuts, essentially. In a place like abovesecret.com, we should know all to well the feeling of being subtly suggested that we are crazy for thinking outside the brainwashed box.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't mean to challenge anyone on this, I'm a newb to these forums for sure. and my post count pales in comparison to the people requesting the smiley. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I still say it's a good idea. If we only wanted smileys to show positive emotions, we wouldn't have a fire breather or a puking smily.

I'm Putting this thread in my sig.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Mind control is a malfunction of your imagination.....GET A GRIP ON YOURSELF !!!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Excellent idea. I have also added this thread to my Sig.

Perhaps it will get more people talking about the concept.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Well, I will join the crowd and put it on my signature too.... that is ... if I can figure out how!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by theodorej
reply to post by AccessDenied

Mind control is a malfunction of your imagination.....GET A GRIP ON YOURSELF !!!

Perhaps you need to go and re-read the post you supposedly responded to.

On topic..since a few smilies seem to have fallen on hard times and been given the pink slip, it appears we have a position open...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join