It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Obama passing new law to allow searching of PC's

www.youtube.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This seems to be on a global scale here man
what in the worldd?????

I mean i'm sure this has been going on for quite some time now, but the world is slow moving towards a state of fascism and survenillance.

I almost feel like saying goodbye to life as we know it!
the old days are simplicity are truly gone

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Search away.I got nothing to hide.Im a longtime gamer considering buying stock in the gaming industry.That equals good for the economy!

Maybe the govt of russia should tone down their paranoia a bit and enjoy life more!Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
what in the world......

..well thats it.. good bye freedom
Even for those who got nothin' to hide
this is MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!
WHY did y'all choose this man!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have faith, there will be ways around this problem IF its gets implemented.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

or even worse if after being passed it becomes retroactive

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time until all our activity is monitored by the Government. Big brother has never been bigger than it is now.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
already a thread started yesterday about this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I honestly think any attempt with something like this, would lead to more increased security measures in the file sharing community.

On one hand, that would open up a lot of jobs, cause let's be honest, I couldn't even begin to imagine the average law enforcement official being capable of finding some of these files. It's quite easy to hide things in ways that are damn near impossible to locate.

On the other hand, that would just lead to higher encryption on most peoples systems. Heck some of us keep most of our files encrypted just for the heck of it.

I could just see someone being a complete smart ass and carrying a laptop loaded with some of the most embarrassing stuff to look at, just to give the people a hard time.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Great just what we need. I do not want anyone looking on my computer. It is an invasion of privacy plain and simple. How in the h e double hockeys still am I free in this country anymore. Someone please tell me.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yeah, that's all they're going to look at is whether or not you've got pirated music, movies, software, etc. We can trust them not to look at anything else, like anything indicating personal/political views. Right, copyright infringement is a matter of national security.

If you don't have one already, i would invest in an external hard drive that is only connected when you need it.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by bloodWolf762]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Please add to existing discussion.

Here

Thanks

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join