It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholicism IS BAD!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I am just gonna name the highlights of the proof i have. There is more, i only took one selection out of the many that was listed. Firstly:
Catholics refer to the church leader as "Father". Here is why it is not good:

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mary DID have multiple children, as shown here:

Matthew
13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

It is never good to take the name of God, as the Pope does. Holy Father, which was only said once in the entire bible:

John
17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

You arent saved just because u do good deads:

Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Only confess your sins to Jesus for he is the only mediator, not the "Father"

Timothy
2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus [not Mary, not saints, not priests, not the pope];
My Source

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Said kettle to the pot...

Lol.

Wanna feel good about what you believe in ?

Simple. Find the logical fallacies and weaknesses in what others believe while ignoring ones within yours

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement
Said kettle to the pot...

Lol.

Wanna feel good about what you believe in ?

Simple. Find the logical fallacies and weaknesses in what others believe while ignoring ones within yours

you mean like how atheists do sometimes?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well, yeah, lol.

At least the Atheists which are INSIDE of that very pot do...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Greetings..... If feeling good about what you believe in is the issue...than you have a bigger issue,and that would be knowing why you believe what you do.....with truth comes conviction...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

Greetings.........Athiests are true contrarians...even a contrarian has the ability to change,once they are presented with the truth....

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mary DID have multiple children, as shown here:

Matthew
13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

It is never good to take the name of God, as the Pope does. Holy Father, which was only said once in the entire bible:

John
17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Timothy
2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus [not Mary, not saints, not priests, not the pope];

Well I fail to see how this bad, I am not cahtolic, but I fail to see the evil?

1) Again priests are not mentioned to be necessary for the church, but they are a representation of everyone's father on a physcial level. They are just there. To put it kindly.

2) I'm not sure what you were trying to say with Mary having multiple children. Everyone knows she no longer stayed a virgin after Jesus's birth.

It says it in scripture as well (he is refering to Joseph):

Matthew 1:25 (NIV)
25 But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus

3) I know what you mean by the holy father, but the pope is simply continuing Jesus's ministry as the head of the church. Even Jesus predicted a replacement for his physical being after his death. Making Peter the first Pope.

Matthew 16:18–19 (NIV)
18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed

4) I have never heard the catholic say you were saved by good deeds alone. In fact I am pretty sure they make clear every mass.

5) The last verse you use is usually answered by John:

1 John 1:9 (NIV)
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness

John 20:23 (NIV)
23 If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”

Basically everyone is a priest if they believe. The Church just created priests to spread the message.

[edit on Mar 29th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Well, yeah, lol.

At least the Atheists which are INSIDE of that very pot do...

your a smart person but you have to admit, sometimes you troll.

the OP is opening a debate on the validity of catholic worship using the bible as a measure.

the debate has no less validity to it then debating US law, using the constitution as a measure.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As I said in another oportunity ... religion is bull#, you need to make your own belief ... thats right, all the religion are destroying our world ... stop beeing told what do believe and what to do, there are plenty of things to investigate, to make your own mind ... stop beeing a brain slave

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
your a smart person but you have to admit, sometimes you troll.

Well, it could be ... obviously I had not-smart-enough moment, it happens :p

Title of this thread was/is : [ Catholicism IS BAD!!!! ] and that made me lil' cranky, lol.

IMO all Bible/Koran God religions are "correct" the same because of the common sources (Bible/Koran). They were/are written in metaphoric form and can be understood in multiple ways, which implicates (to me) that none is better then other (at least to the outside observer without passion for either of them) ...

That is where kettle-pot thing came from

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

IMO all Bible/Koran God religions are "correct" the same because of the common sources (Bible/Koran). They were/are written in metaphoric form and can be understood in multiple ways, which implicates (to me) that none is better then other (at least to the outside observer without passion for either of them) ...

i appreciate you perspective, however there are a number of places you could be wrong.

1 - you cite they are the same source and therefore all correct. unfortunately thats an assumption that can easily be proven otherwise. although a religion may claim its source is from the bible, in practice many religions have turned to other teachings for doctrine material. an example is given in the OP. while catholics may claim to follow the bible implicitly, quoting a few scriptures show otherwise.

2 - you make the claim that they were written in metaphoric form. this too is an assumption as there are many passages that are expected to be taken literally. whether or not a passage is to be taken literally or metaphorically is something that needs to be studied, not assumed for the entirety of the bible.

3 - none is better than the other. in most cases this statement would be true. however if you are asking which is better from the viewpoint of which religion follows the bible more closely, then no it is not. from that viewpoint, inheritantly there will be some religions that follow the bible more than others.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiConspirator
I And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Do you call your father, father? If so .. shame on you.
Call No Man Father

Mary DID have multiple children,

No she didn't. There is absolutely no place in scripture that names a person and says they are the son/daughter of Mary. No where. Jesus relatives mentioned were just that .. 'brethren'. And if Christ had brothers or sisters then He wouldn't have given Mary to John at the foot of the cross. That wouldn't have been necessary.

Brethren of the Lord
Mary Ever Virgin

The Catholic Church does NOT teach that you are saved through good deeds. Read the Catechism.

Matthew 16:18 ...

Confession
Forgiveness of Sins

Once again we see someone who hates what he THINKS the Catholic Church is .. but not what it really is. I encourage you to actually read the Catholic Catechism to see what the Church teaches. Don't take the word of some anti-Catholic minister .. or the word of Jack Chick.

new topics

top topics

join