It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurers shun those taking certain meds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Insurers shun those taking certain meds

www.miamiherald.com

Trying to buy health insurance on your own and have gallstones? You'll automatically be denied coverage. Rheumatoid arthritis? Automatic denial. Severe acne? Probably denied. Do you take metformin, a popular drug for diabetes? Denied. Use the anti-clotting drug Plavix or Seroquel, prescribed for anti-psychotic or sleep problems? Forget about it.

''This is absolutely the standard way of doing business,'' said Santiago Leon, a health insurance broker in Miami. Being denied for preexisting conditions is well known, but when a person sees the usually confidential list of automatic denials for himself, ``that's a eureka moment. That shows you how harsh the system is.''
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
severe acne?????

that condition alone, which isn't at all life treathening, unless you plan on commiting suicde because u can't find a girl to go out with you, really makes you think it's a consipracy.

I would love the see the full list of the "deny list".

My father, who lives in NY, got denied from every insurance company because he is under dialysis thanks to celebrex.

Isn't that funny, the pharmaceutical companies messed up his kidneys, and because of that he can't be approved for insurance. What double-edged catch 22.

In that same hospital where the doctors said the kidney failure is directly because of celebrex THE SAMEEE hospital perscriped celebrex to my mother just 20 days ago or so.

In these ailments that aren't naturally given to you, like above situations, and then you get denied????????

I know this is the miami herald, but i'm sure the list is much more continental-wide than we think.

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-3-2009 by ModernAcademia]

new topics

join