It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members political activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right area as this is my first post, or if a topic like it has already been posted (I didn't find anything) so if I did either please direct me to the right area / topic. This is also not an attack on any members.

Viewing these boards the past few months I have seen a majority of you talk about how our government officials are no longer representing us, that they're corrupt, part of certain organizations and taking away our rights while violating our constitution. While i agree with those views I wonder how many of the members who talk of how our government is betraying us are actually doing something to prevent it.

How many of you go to your local state or county republican, democrat, libertarian, etc party to volunteer or get politically active? How many of you have considered running for a seat in office? Even if you just run for a local seat in your state assembly have you considered how that could help you stop laws you disagree with? If you aren't politically active but still preach about how our government is taking liberties (which they are) why aren't you politically active?

It's clear by the amount of people who visit these boards and for the most part agree with a lot of the topics posted, and that our government is taking liberties and stripping us of our rights, that if many of you ran for office there would be plenty of support as long as you had a proper platform. I don't want to hear reasons like the NWO controls everyone who runs because I don't believe that, or there wouldn't be people like Ron Paul. I want to hear why you do or do not get politically active and hope to hear that some of you have considered running for seats and intend to in the future.

If a lot of us stood up and took seats in office it would be easy to restore our country to what it was, easier to stop these absurd laws such as the National service bill, from passing. So while I'd love to know your reasons, i'd also like to encourage anyone reading to get politically active as soon as possible, and definitely consider running for office in the future. We have control, we just need initiative to get things done.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Back in my home state of South Carolina I was a Politician I had both appointed & elected positions, & let me tell you one thing, if you are honest & forthright in Politics you will be discredited & shunned in several different ways. No one & I mean absolutely no one can be an honest person in any level of Politics, your character will be maligned & you will be harrassed your phone will be tapped, & it will all be in the local papers. Old money in a small Southern town speaks volumes louder than honesty. Myself & the Chief of Police went up against extremely old money politics & extremely dirty people, & got thrown in county lock up. Now they really railroaded the Chief in such a monsterous way that he had to leave town, & I mean they did & said the most evil things about him. I was in public service for over 10 years, before that I still had the same job I had out of High School in 78 at a childrens clothing mfg plant in one of the first Management Information Services departments(Computer Rooms) in the U.S. I was a Musician then as I am now, (I'm now a Chef at a private Military Prep School) I will not go into details about what happened to the Chief & I here in posts or in U2U's. If anyone wants to know that bad U2U me & if you really need to know one of us can exchange phone numbers, so that one of us can call the other. I was & the Chief was both Honest & had the best interests of not only the County, but our Municipality at hand. However this is a chapter in my life that I'm proud of but still would rather not think about all that much. So why don't you get appointed & or elected & see how that particular shoe fits. Good luck with that Horse Sh**

[edit on 29-3-2009 by smokehouseslim]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The state cannot be changed from within. Many of the people here have already come to this realisation.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't believe that, and coming to that conclusion is what keeps it from changing. If everyone takes the thought process that "Oh, we can't change that." then nothing is ever going to be fixed. It's sad when everyones attitude is that nothing they can do will change it when if you all put effort in, it would be a lot easier then you think.

I personally intend to go into politics later. I'm currently politically active and have spent the last 4 years volunteering to get local and state candidates elected. I realize that due to campaign laws and the fact that 99% of politicians are dirty it makes it very hard to get elected, and keep your seat while dealing with the bull#. Chances are if i do ever run for office i will be slandered and all my dirty laundry aired to the public in an attempt to discredit me, but as long as i'm representing the people who elected me properly and i handle myself, they'll have a hard time getting rid of me.

If everyone were to actually stand up to these politicians and try harder to fix things (not just posting on a forum about how they're wronging us) they'd get fixed. And while it might not be easy, I would hope you'd find it worth it.

I don't understand why you would complain but not do something to prevent what your complaining about, even if its protesting, volunteering, anything that helps.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by kiyomisumaru]

new topics

top topics

join