It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China-based hackers break into PCs of Dalai, Indian embassy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

China-based hackers break into PCs of Dalai, Indian embassy

www.indianexpress.com

New York: A vast cyber spy network controlled from China has infiltrated Government and private computers in 103 countries, including those of Indian embassy in Washington and the Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama, a media report said on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
What amazed me most is " The researchers, who are based at the Munk Center for International Studies at the University of Toronto, had been asked by the office of the Dalai Lama, the exiled Tibetan leader whom China regularly denounces, to examine its computers for signs of malicious software or malware, the paper said, quoting a report being issued shortly."

Their sleuthing, it said, opened a window into a broader operation that, in less than 2 years, has infiltrated at least 1,295 computers in 103 countries, including many belonging to embassies, foreign ministries and other government offices, as well as the Dalai Lama's Tibetan exile centers in India, Brussels, London and New York.

www.indianexpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
and the number 1 country for hacking attempts against the USA is

ISRAEL.

oh wait there an `ally`

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Although I understand Israel uses spies placed into USA government and Military Industrial Complex, and are the most active in this area, I don't think they do as much hacking as China, they seem to rely more on human intelligence, or intelligence gathered by companies like the ones that handle phone taps in the USA, meaning they don't really need to hack the USA, they already have taps on all lines.

new topics

top topics

join