It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith 'sorry' for expenses claim

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by XXXN3O

Whatever she or her husband choose to do, that's down to them. But I do not accept that the public should pay for every aspect of their lives.

I do not believe for one instant that it was submitted "accidentally". That's BS of the highest order IMO.

They should be paid a salary for the work that they do, nothing else.

This government needs to be removed, now. Before they do any more damage to our society and financial stability.
I hope this weeks protests make it clear that unless they step back from their intrusive, hypocritical ways, start listening to the public and nationalize the banks that are in trouble instead of paying them, and stop abusing their positions to gain financially, then they'll be dragged out of parliament by their necks and strung up.

It is indeed time for revolution. I hope it is peaceful and they comply, or leave without argument when asked, but if not, they will likely face the wrath of the masses.

And I think that time is fast approaching. And if the protests in London this week do not look similar to the Poll Tax riots previously, I will be very surprised.

I am getting pretty tired of the use of this word "GLOBAL".

Watch this BBC video in the report and notice how many times they say global. Its constant everywhere.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I think this is Jacqui smith incident is just a distraction from whats going on in a way.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
.....nice work if you can get it.

Is that taking part in these movies so that others can watch or do you mean being a politician and being able to watch on tax payers expense?

Meanwhile, back at the bat cave....

Ms Smith uses her allowances to employ Mr Timney as her parliamentary aide in a role which can carry a salary of £40,000 - although her office said he was paid a salary "much closer to" the £20,000 end of the range.

She is already being investigated by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards over her decision to claim at least £116,000 in second-home allowances for her family home in her constituency in Redditch, Worcs, since becoming an MP.

The Sunday Express reported that two films, which cost £5 each, were viewed on 6 and 8 April 2008 at Ms Smith's constituency home.

The claim was also said to include two viewings of the film Ocean's 13 - at £3.75 each - and an additional £3.50 to watch the film Surf's Up.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So for just over 17 quid, she has stuffed herself up, big time...

Hey Jaqui...it would have been cheaper, easier and free to have downloaded something off the internet...at least you could have watched it over and over again whenever you liked

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Wasn't Jacqui in support of a '3 strikes and out' policy. What's the count here?

Hmm lets see..

Originally posted by Extralien
Ms Smith uses her allowances to employ Mr Timney as her parliamentary aide in a role which can carry a salary of £40,000 - although her office said he was paid a salary "much closer to" the £20,000 end of the range.

Strike one...

She is already being investigated by the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards over her decision to claim at least £116,000 in second-home allowances for her family home in her constituency in Redditch, Worcs, since becoming an MP.

Strike two..

The Sunday Express reported that two films, which cost £5 each, were viewed on 6 and 8 April 2008 at Ms Smith's constituency home.

The claim was also said to include two viewings of the film Ocean's 13 - at £3.75 each - and an additional £3.50 to watch the film Surf's Up.

Third strike...

[edit on 30-3-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
And just how long will Ms Smith still be Home Secretary?

I guess it will be much longer than the British people think it should be and just because Ms Smith will repaid in full, why does she still have the job as home Secretary and an MP. This seems to have been an attempt to defraud the british tax payer. If Ms Smith will not resign, PM brown should sack her and if she has any honour, she should resign as an MP and get the people who elected her the opportunity to decide if she should still be their MP.

But guess what, our PM will only sack her when he is forced to and there is no chance that Ms Smith will resign from the gravy train she is on.

It seems that our elected officials think they are above the normal decency levels and can rip the taxpayer off, say sorry and just carry on as before.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What a disgrace we have for a Home Secretary! She is trying to rip off the tax-payers at every opportunity she can get. Why is she still in her job? WHY? Is there a factory out there churning out greedy bankers and politicians?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join