It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Used Again as Excuse for War!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Firstly, I am not Amerikan....

Secondly, you know how a lot of Americans paint all Muslims with the same brush? Same goes for the Marines pal..killing people is a dirty business..surely you arent surprised that i for one dont appreciate what you do??

If you are the exception(which i doubt given your lack of support and name calling of your former marine)then it doesnt apply to you...but dont surely fall for the "defending my country BS...nothing could be further from the truth...

Proud to be a Marine??Maybe once....not any more.
I think for a long time the marines had a rep as being John Wayne types;hard, tough, unwielding yet compassionate and humane....

Vietnam,Panama,Iraq and now Afghanistan have put paid to those thoughts....

Remember bud....killing in the name of war is still murder.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by benoni

Mmmkay. I corrected myself. And I now see where you're coming from. To let you know, not everyone in the Marine Corps is a combat Marine. Granted, every Marine a rifleman, but there are a good majority of the Marine Corps that never sees combat. Like myself. I go to the combat zone, but I sit in a box watching a server. I'm a computer guy. My job isn't killing. My job is to ensure that the computers, servers, switches, routers, etc. are working. But, as it's in the job description, if I'm in a combat situation and hostile forces are firing on me and my fellow Marines to my left and right, then I'm going to return fire to make sure that the Marines to my left and right return home from this BS war.

And there's a lot more to being a Marine than the "John Wayne" image. And yes, I fall for the "defending my country BS", as you put it, because I love my country. Granted, our government is ran by a bunch of stooges that put us in crappy situations, but hey, I love what I do and what I do it for. And the "what I do and what I do it for", I guess, looks different for both of us.

I just want you to do one thing before I end this conversation. Have a good day and enjoy life. That's it.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I respect your love of Country...infact, it is to be appauded...

I also apologise for assuming you were a frontline marine.

Go safely....

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Someone tell the puppet that most hijackers came from Saudi Arabia. According to their own official theory. But what use is to talk to a puppet ?

[edit on 29-3-2009 by pai mei]

cant bite the hand that feeds us...

This is why... its also one of the reasons Bin Laden hates America, this influencing of his culture.

Saudi Arabia is America’s top customer. Since 1990, the U.S. government, through the Pentagon’s arms export program, has arranged for the delivery of more than $39.6 billion in foreign military sales to Saudi Arabia, and an additional $394 million worth of arms were delivered to the Saudi regime through the State Department’s direct commercial sales program during that same period. (Foreign Military and Construction Sales and Direct Commercial Sales are recorded and published by the Dept. of Defense in Foreign Military Sales, Foreign Military Construction Sales and Military Assistance Facts; the most current online edition includes information through FY 1999.)

Many of the systems on order, such as the M-1A2 Abrams main battle tank, M-2A2 Bradley armored vehicles, F-15E Strike Eagle attack aircraft and Patriot surface-to-air missile, are the top-of-the-line systems deployed with U.S. forces.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by werk71]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by benoni
Firstly, I am not Amerikan....

Secondly, you know how a lot of Americans paint all Muslims with the same brush?

i'm american and i was taught to treat people the same way they treat me, so i give every body a chance to be my friend. eye for an eye, no hatred.

it seriously disturbs me that people in a foriegn country would hate me for the fact i was born on different soil. i don't hate them.

maybe people should put aside politics and have a beer together, or tea if they don't drink alcohol, they might find out something cool from each other.

don't take me wrong, i will die defending my freedoms if they are threatened.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by benoni

I'm just not understanding how someone can denounce something that besides being what it is, THE MILITARY WHICH IS A VOLUNTEER WAR FIGHTING ORGANIZATION, also teaches good values like the three core values: honor, courage and commitment.

Which one of those core values reflects murdering innocent civilians and sniping women and children from cover? Did the Israelis teach them how to do that? Which one of those core values reflects raping children and covering crimes like that up? Which one of those core values reflects murdering a fellow American serviceman who disapproved of US war crimes? I'm sure Pat Tillman wasn't the only person in the military objecting to war crimes during the Bush Regime who was murdered in order to shut him up.

That is what these wars of naked aggression we Americans are trapped in does to the Marines, the Air Force, the Army, the Navy, and the National Guard. What kind of people would volunteer to do this? How could any decent person feel pride when they are part of a jackboot doing incredible permanent harm to millions of innocent people, women, and children? What is honorable about that?

And now puppet Obama will send more heavily armed jackbooted thugs to murder more civilians and protect the opium harvests for the international corporate billionaires. Marine Major General Smedley Butler exposed the corporate elite decades ago for the greedy murderers they are.

War is a Racket
Major General Smedley Butler
US Marine Corps

Awarded two congressional medals of honor:
1. capture of Vera Cruz, Mexico, 1914
2. capture of Ft. Riviere, Haiti, 1917
Distinguished service medal, 1919
Major General - United States Marine Corps
Retired Oct. 1, 1931

www.ratical.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
The importance of the 9/11 conspiracy and tyranny cannot be overstated! Once again we find ourselves being rallied to fight 8 years later to go after the perpetrators of that awful attack. By some estimates 1 million dead in Iraq, 5 million refugees. Over 4000 American soldiers dead, tens of thousands maimed. The perpetual war on terror.

Now after all these years Pres Obama wants to get Al Qaeda and maybe even the dead man Osama!
I feel like this war is being resurrected from death. Millions of Americans voted for Obama to end this nonsense and now he eloquently urges us on to yet another round to serve TPTB.

This is why the truth of 9/11 has been and continues to be of the utmost importance.
Many have grown weary of the same truths being repeated ad nauseum and yet we must continue to move forward.

The BIG LIE is working it's magic once again!

It took us 8 years to figure out Al Qaeda was in the mountainous region between Afghan and Pakistan??? So we invade Iraq.

From our President Obama

"The United States of America did not choose to fight a war in Afghanistan. Nearly 3,000 of our people were killed on September 11, 2001, for doing nothing more than going about their daily lives. Al-Qaeda and its allies have since killed thousands of people in many countries. Most of the blood on their hands is the blood of Muslims, who al-Qaeda has killed and maimed in far greater numbers than any other people. That is the future that al-Qaeda is offering to the people of Pakistan and Afghanistan -- a future without opportunity or hope; a future without justice or peace.

"The road ahead will be long. There will be difficult days. But we will seek lasting partnerships with Afghanistan and Pakistan that serve the promise of a new day for their people. And we will use all elements of our national power to defeat al-Qaeda, and to defend America, our allies, and all who seek a better future. Because the United States of America stands for peace and security, justice and opportunity. That is who we are, and that is what history calls on us to do once more."

So hats off to all of you out there fighting the good fight!

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Leo Strauss]

I knew this was never going to end no matter who won the election.
It gives whoever is the Captain of the Titantic an excuse for doing
anything to anyone anytime.

And who's going to block it, certainly not any of Jewish Senators.
Even Obamas revised plans are just so optimistic.

So you might think why allow Jewish Senators in, 'cause if you don't
you are labeled a anti-Semite or racist.

I would be very surprised if every last US solder is removed before
2015. And I do mean every last one, none of this on special duty Bull Plop.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

(.......)
“I speak unto you who are the rulers of the many nations, whether you be rulers by inheritance or election, and whichever title you may bear. Hear me, for I speak unto you all!

Make it your common goal that each of you shall become the best and most worthy person of your nation. Demand much of yourselves, that you may demand much of others. Be beyond reproach in your dealings, that all may respect, honour and love you. Choose your counsellors with great care and wisdom, and choose them from among those who are unselfish, truthful, wise and just. Protect the weak, the poor and the oppressed. Be unselfish in your care for the welfare of the nations and the peoples. Never act against that which your conscience tells you to be truth and justice.

Do not gain dominion over the realms of others by force or by cunning, and never compel the people of other nations to submit in humility to your rule; for all this is of the evil!

Be understanding and patient toward the people whose native countries have been seized by your forefathers, by your predecessors or by yourselves. Seek to rectify and to assuage some of the injustice that has been brought upon those who have been compelled by force and through hatred and envy to live under foreign rule, and who against their will have been separated from those states to which they rightfully belong.

Be as brethren toward one another. With good will abolish all strife and dispute, and never disturb the peace which prevails among the realms and the nations.

Yea, truly I say unto you: be you the first to establish an enduring, brotherly concord; and pray unto our Father to bless you and the pact which you agree upon, that you and your successors may be able to keep the promises that you have given one another. Yea, pray unto our Father to bless you, that you and those who come after you may never, never again break the peace upon the Earth!

Pray unto our Father to enlighten you upon the truth of my words. Pray unto Him for help and guidance, that each of you may truly fill the position that is yours."
(.......)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

(.......)
"Thus, all warfare is rooted in Darkness and is brought about by the mutual intolerance of the various nations, which in turn can be attributed to the lust for power of the leaders and the rulers. If the human will for evil thus calls forth fighting and destruction and a war begins, the nation that initiates the hostilities must bear the responsibility for the war of aggression as well as for the war of defence forced upon the other nation and its allies, regardless of the forms that the war may take. And so long as the attacked nation limits itself to the defence of its country, of its rights, the aggressor will continue to be in the wrong. But the moment the defender extends the hostilities to the territory of the aggressor in order to attack rather than to defend, both sides must share the responsibility for whatever takes place from the moment the border into enemy territory is crossed. (The same laws apply if the battles are fought at sea or in the air).

The victory or defeat of the warring parties can in no way be attributed to God. Never does He take part in the hostilities, neither on the side of the aggressor nor on the side of the defender. Only prayers for help to restore peace will be heard by God, but His many and persistent attempts to speak to the leaders as their "conscience" are in most cases rejected.
The victorious party defeats its adversary by virtue of numerical or strategic superiority or the like, or because of the people's common hatred of the enemy and the people's common will to win; but victory is never gained with the help of God.

Any person - civilian or military - who praises, defends and glorifies war in writing or in speech, instead of evoking aversion to this deed of Darkness and enlightening his fellow human beings on the degradation and brutishness of war, is himself placing a heavy burden of responsibility on his shoulders and must, having ended his earthly life, render a detailed account to God of the motivations for his actions.

Even though human beings wage war among themselves, and even though God does not hear their prayers for victory, He never loses sight of them, but seeks either directly or through the disincarnated Youngest to awaken remorse among the leaders, just as He tries in many ways to instil in them an awareness of the injustice and the abuse of power of which they are guilty, so as to bring about a pact of peace before one of the parties succumbs to the superior force; but in the vast majority of cases also these attempts are rejected by human beings."
(.......)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The last president who tried to get our country back was JFK, and for some clear reason no president tried it again after that....oh yeah, he was shot so that was a turn off for future presidents...it's obviously safer to be a puppet...

I think the only truth of Obama's speech is that war in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan offers opportunity! Yes, opportunity for oil, for access to strategic areas. Peace, prosperity...wasn't Pakistan more peaceful before the US started bombing there? Now they have suicide bombers everywhere!

Whenever Pakistan says they don't need US intervention, then another suicide bombing makes it clear that they do...how convenient...

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
If this is the case, then perhaps in order to rally more support, another "attack" on your people will be required? It does not have to be on your soil, anywhere you find gatherings of your people will do, just as it did for us Australians with Bali.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
If this is the case, then perhaps in order to rally more support, another "attack" on your people will be required? It does not have to be on your soil, anywhere you find gatherings of your people will do, just as it did for us Australians with Bali.

This time around, such acts would be highly counter productive, I should imagine!

Peoples suspicion-levels have sharpened considerable since 9/11.

Some good at least it was, that Australia refrained from responding with a "shock and
awe" campaign, bombing poor Bali into submission and to smithereens, eh!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
The last president who tried to get our country back was JFK, and for some clear reason no president tried it again after that....oh yeah, he was shot so that was a turn off for future presidents...it's obviously safer to be a puppet...

I think the only truth of Obama's speech is that war in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan offers opportunity! Yes, opportunity for oil, for access to strategic areas. Peace, prosperity...wasn't Pakistan more peaceful before the US started bombing there? Now they have suicide bombers everywhere!

Whenever Pakistan says they don't need US intervention, then another suicide bombing makes it clear that they do...how convenient...

Look at it this way

Since the Taliban have left office the coke in Afghanistan has gone
beyond out of control. And now supplies ~95% of the worlds coke.
Maybe Obama want's to increase their coke total by exterminating all
remaining Taliban, thus increasing supply and making it cheaper.

With so much coke in Afghanistan, I do wonder how many allied forces
are involved in making a quick buck. And the US is worried about a few
Amigos crossing the border.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Look at it this way

its a poppy product not a cocoa product, 2 different wars on drugs

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by werk71

Look at it this way

Those cola wars can really get intense

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Look at it this way

Welcome to the world of the Bush/Walker Family Mafia. Slick Willy Clinton, Dubya Bush, and Barak Obama are only puppets who dance to the tune for this family and their masters in the Corporate Elite New World Order. No-win wars are really good for business, and what the heck; what's wrong with a few thousand more body bags? They couldn't get a decent job anyway could they; and didn't they all 'volunteer' for this?

Opium
A latex containing several important alkaloids is obtained from immature seed capsules one to three weeks after flowering. Incisions are made in the walls of the green seed pods, and the milky exudation is collected and dried. Opium and the isoquinoline alkaloids morphine, codeine, noscapine, papaverine, and thebaine are isolated from the dried material. The poppy seeds and fixed oil that can be expressed from the seed are not narcotic, because they develop after the capsule has lost the opium-yielding potential (11.1-128). Total yield of alkaloids is dependent on light, temperature, the plant species, and the time of harvest (5.2-4).

Poppy seeds are used as a condiment with baked goods and pastries for their nutty odor and flavor. Poppy oil is widely used as an edible cooking oil. The oil is also used in the manufacture of paints, varnishes, and soaps (14.1-35). Opium is used in the production of morphine, codeine, other alkaloids, and deodorized forms of opium (14.1-35). Morphine is the raw material from which heroin is obtained. Poppy plants are important as ornamental plants in flower gardens.

Poppy is one of the most important medicinal plants. Traditionally, the dry opium was considered an astringent, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, diaphoretic, expectorant, hypnotic, narcotic, and sedative. Poppy has been used against toothaches and coughs. The ability of opium from poppy to serve as an analgesic is well known. Opium and derivatives of opium are used in the pharmaceutical industry as narcotic analgesics, hypnotics, and sedatives. These compounds are also used as antidiarrheals, antispasmodics, and antitussives (14.1-35). Opium and the drugs derived from opium are addictive and can have toxicological effects.

The poppy has had a tremendous impact on several societies as an opiate. Currently, there is interest in developing a poppy plant rich in thebaine and low in morphine as the former could be converted to codeine and other legal pharmaceutical products with less morphine available for illegal conversion into heroin.

www.opioids.com...

WHAT IS COCAINE?

Cocaine Hydrochloride ("coke," "blow") is a white powder derived from the leaves of the coca plant, which grows mainly in South America.
Coca Cola used to contain coc aine (hence the name), and so did many other over-the-counter food and medicine products.
Cocaine is usually sold is small baggies by the gram.
Crack coc aine is made by chemically altering coc aine powder into crystals or "rocks" which are easily smokable.

HOW IS COCAINE USED?

The leaves of the coca plant can be chewed or made into a tea and drunk. Coca leaves are used this way legally in many countries as a mild stimulant similar to caffeine.
Most often coc aine is snorted in small lines. The effects come on gradually and peak after about 15-30 minutes.
When smoked in the form of "crack," the effects come on immediately but wear off much more quickly.
When injected, the effects are felt immediately and much more intensely.

WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS OF COCAINE?

Cocaine is a stimulant drug like speed, but much shorter acting.
It causes a sudden increase in heart rate, blood pressure and breathing.
It also leads to feelings of confidence, alertness and euphoria.
BE CAREFUL

Cocaine and crack are very short-acting. This can lead to using too much or too often.
Many users become compulsive in their use of coc aine, which can lead to physical or psychological addiction.
The after-effects can include depression, agitation, anxiety and paranoia.
The intensity of these effects depend on how much and how often coc aine is used, and are more intense when coc aine is smoked as crack.
High or frequent doses have caused seizures, strokes or heart attacks in some people.
Repeated snorting can damage the membranes of the nose.
Cocaine is illegal and getting caught with it in your possession can result in long prison sentences. Giving coc aine to someone else, even if no money was exchanged, can result in even longer sentences.

www.dancesafe.org... aine.php

[edit on 3/30/09 by SPreston]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
His promise was to end the war in Iraq. Which he is doing.

I think Afghanistan wants us to be there. That poor country which was once a beautiful and more liberal muslim country has been war ravaged and oppressed for over 30 years.
Pakistan being next door and h arboring refugees is probablly tired of it too.

I think they have had enough also. I think it is a collaboration between the US and Afghanistan to finally bring stabilization to the area and get rid of insurgents like the taliban and al queda. If Afghanistan welcomes it, by all means then we should do it.

I don't believe in al queda. But my belief doesn't mean proof. So there is a chance they are there. I have never believed they were in Iraq or Iraq was connected.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
reply to post by Leo Strauss

In retrospect, the invasion of Iraq was a really bad idea, and I feel we should bring our troops home now. I have to admit - at the time I was all for it - BUT my eyes have been opened since.

I too thought it was a good idea at the time. I was a fool, I didn't have internet til 2003 so my news came from network tv or the newspaper. I was the typical sheep back then, believe whatever the media tells me.

Not anymore, not since I found this and other websites.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yep. As I said before the election, Obama is another puppet.

It just amazes me that so few can face the facts the evidence points to - that evil individuals in our own structure set up the 9/11 "attacks," that the twp-party system is a farce, that we were manipulated into war and giving up rights (hey! How come Obama hasn't moved to get rid of the "Patriot" Act??? Heh.), and that we little people are seen as mere animal/slaves.

Yes, we have to keep on plugging!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The only way to end a war is to eliminate the people who build the war machines and supply the forces with that which they need to keep on the fight.

Eventually,it either has to come to destroying a country's means to resist.

Or a country's refusing to supply the means to fight the war.

The current reality is made possible because your acceptance of it makes it real.

You,in effect,imagine your reality,and every aspect of it into existence.

I don't think that the majority of humanity is ready to give anything enough thought to actually approach facing the truth about their world,and how it is manipulated for the benefit of a few powerful people,who without our help would be powerless.

Think about it.

Mis-Guided God-Like Power !!!.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join