It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police identify 200 children as potential terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

UK Police identify 200 children as potential terrorists

www.independent.co.uk

Two hundred schoolchildren in Britain, some as young as 13, have been identified as potential terrorists by a police scheme that aims to spot youngsters who are "vulnerable" to Islamic radicalisation.

He said the "Channel project" had intervened in the cases of at least 200 children who were thought to be at risk of extremism, since it began 18 months ago. The number has leapt from 10 children identified by June 2008.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think this is a very proper step that the UK police have taken. Young children who are 13 or so have vulnerable minds and can be brainwashed and indoctrinated by radical terror elements to carry out terrorist attacks

We have seen examples of this in Palestine and Afghanistan where kids as young as 10 have acted a suicide bombers, with thier families recieving compensation from terror groups.

The only concern is that these "identified" children must not be victimized by other children and must not have any stigma attached to them by the society. They should be treated as normal children

www.independent.co.uk

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Read some Orwell man...

I see where you're coming from but a society can not last when it's slowly turning in on its own citizens. I know there's not action being taken against these kids and there may not be any adverse effects on the kids themselves, but all the same, it's just one more stone on the way across the river.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

I think this is a very proper step that the UK police have taken. Young children who are 13 or so have vulnerable minds and can be brainwashed and indoctrinated by radical terror elements to carry out terrorist attacks

Well it is not only a proper step, but, children, living in a home where shady things take place-don't know when or if, or that they are carrying a bomb or body part, or dope, or explosives, or whatever, if, say, their folks say, "go take this to there". Obeidiance to parents is highly prized in society.

It is possible to live in a home and know very little of the book work of what goes on there.
I can see where it is appropriate that someone else is aware of the 'might could bes'.
I can see where someone who is not their parents (!) or who is in conflict with their household's ideals, can be in between a rock and a hard place (parents and police in this scenario) with nothing but the hard knocks schooling them

[edit on 29-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

www.independent.co.uk

But where does it stop? I think it's a very serious state of affairs when you have "mind police". Seriously.

top topics

join