It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Guide to BBCode on ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Is there a bb code for embedding photos side by side?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

It depends on what you want to do.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Oh God, now there are two of me. Yikes.
Actually, is it as simple as aligning one left, and the other right? I bet it is...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

It's even simpler than that. I am still learning, and took me a minute before I noticed the "L" and 'R"
[ I M G L ][/IMG] [ I M G R] [/IMG] I was playing around and just used 2 of them with an "R", to make 3 pics side by side. obviously, I am playing with the sizes also.

edit on 3/13/11 by BrokenCircles because: made pic shorter

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

[color=52D017] I have become a master from this thread! Yeah, gaze upon my white box thay you can type in!

BBCode Is Awesome

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

That is crazy man. Stare at it is all I am going to do!

I am not typing anything into something I that leads God knows where.

nice job tho.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Whoa. I hit QUOTE to that post to see how you did that and some of the quoted text is below text window. You are messin' with the laws of time and space and bending reality with your exotic coding.

edit on 31-3-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
testing

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

thanks so much, now i don't have to look like i'm shouting when i highlight my text

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Awesome, thanks for this nice guide on BBCode, as I'm typically not much familiar into it's endless creativity and joy.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by xShadow13
[color=52D017] I have become a master from this thread!

The "White Box" Accelerates Entropy

Very clever of him to name it the White Box, even though that is exactly what it looks like. A more suitable label would perhaps be "[color=ECD872]The [color=6AFB92]%1s %2s [color=ECD872]Evil [color=6AFB92]%3s [color=ECD872]Box Of [color=6AFB92]%4s [color=ECD872]Chaos!! [color=6AFB92]%5s %6s %7s" where the pleasantly colored % variables--the last three are optional, by the way--are assigned pseudo-random values taken from a list of [color=E0FFFF]everything this guy says[color=3BB9FF]===>>

This [color=FF8040]Interactive Moniker is surprisingly accurate despite being, at minimum, fifty percent pseudo-random. The "White Box" is an insidious tool designed to facilitate the propagation of [color=FFFC17]Chaos. And when I say [color=FFFC17]Chaos, all loud and construction-equipment yellow like that, I am not talking about the [color=92C7C7]Chaos of [color=92C7C7]Chaos Theory, because [color=92C7C7]Chaos Theory describes mathematical methods of extracting or extrapolating useful information from very complex systems that appear to be [color=FFFC17]chaotic, but are, in fact, only [color=92C7C7]chaotic. True [color=FFFC17]Chaos is defined, in short, as follows:

...a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
...any confused, disorderly mass

The information in the above quote box is based on relentless and exhaustive research. Source: Dictionary.com

The difference between [color=FFFC17]Chaos and [color=92C7C7]Chaos should now be clear. [color=92C7C7]Chaos Theory describes methods of defining and extracting data from complex systems, and in doing so, it demolishes the authenticity of its name, because [color=FFFC17]Chaos is complete disorder and therefore contains no useful data to extract. It is still called "[color=92C7C7]Chaos" for the same reason people still refer to [color=C9BE62]Native Americans as [color=E9AB17]Indians: because you can only name something once, so get it right the first time.

But let's not do too much thinking outside the box. It's what we're here to discuss, after all. That white, blank, insidious void! It directly contributes to the acceleration of the thermodynamic energy dispersal of the universe; i.e. entropy, a theory or basic "Law" of the universe that offers explanation to a wide range of phenomena, such as "why stuff breaks or just falls apart", "why there ain't no such thing as a free lunch", and "why life sucks and then you die."
The largest implication of entropy is the [color=C3FDB8]entropic death of the universe...and rather than supply a link, I invite anyone of you to paste that phrase into the search engine of your choice and see what you get.
So entropy is the disorderly or non-useful dispersion of energy. Every time some unsuspecting soul tries typing into [color=FFFC17]The Box, the text entered represents a chunk of orderly energy from muscle movements and brain activity; energy that is extracted from food consumed, and from there that can be traced many ways but the basic answer is some of it comes from the earth's energy supply, some of it comes from the Sun, and some of it comes from the energy represented by any element heavier than hydrogen that was created in the fusion process of stars long dead. In other words, the "Hello" typed into [color=FFFC17]The Box contains energy that has been meticulously recycled since the beginning of the [color=6AFB92]%8s universe. [color=FFFC17]The Box absorbs it, generates some waste heat through processing circuitry, and waits for more.

Every time someone tries typing into [color=FFFC17]The Box, the universe dies a little bit. Since it's already supposed to end sometime late 2012, I find this added reduction--if there is such a thing--unacceptable.

The Box Must Be Stopped.

==end BBC test==

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that was fun.

Question: The "Preview" function does not appear to display emoticons. Are the any other BBCode features it will not render? May be useful to know, so time is not wasted trying to find an error somewhere in the text(like I did with the emotes).
edit on 6/5/2011 by Tsurugi because: Debugging

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks for the thread, great help.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

What an interesting - if not entirely useless- feature!!!!

Cool.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Why can't I combine size and color? This is odd? Or am I doing something wrong?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

It persistently seems to me that when I open the image slot to past my image URL into . . . if I backspace-delete the http:// that's already there--so there aren't two of them . . . it just doesn't work as often as when I delete the http:// in the link I'm pasting in.

And at other times, it SEEMS LIKE the slots for putting link & image URL's in add something that makes things work better. Because sometimes when I do the exact, same characters and code as the slots offer, it doesn't work.

I don't have any examples of the latter handy.

Also, many times, I have to dink a LOT trial and error wise to figure out what exactly to include in the image slot from my photobucket acct URL for a given pic.

Can you help with that, please?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

It would be easier with an example of how things go wrong.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

It looks like the colour must appear after the size.

Some tests:
Changing size and colour
Changing colour and size
Changing colour and size

Click the "quote" button to see what I wrote.

Is this your problem?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by abeverage

It looks like the colour must appear after the size.

Some tests:
Changing size and colour
Changing colour and size
Changing colour and size

Click the "quote" button to see what I wrote.

Is this your problem?

[Size=6]That was it! Thanks a bunches!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

flaggity_flag_flag_flag ! Oh, and bookmark. You sir are the most important part of the surface of the earth:
THE LOAM....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join