It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Guide to BBCode on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: BE IT KNOWN, BASED UPON THE TEACHINGS OF THE BIBLE, IT IS OUR RELIGIOUS CONVICTION NOT TO HAVE OUR CHILDREN VACCINATED.

Public Law 97-280, passed by the 97th Congress of the United States of America, declares the Bible to Be the "Word of God" and directs citizens to "study and apply the teachings of the Holy Scriptures. "The Bible teaches that the truthfulness of an issue is to be sought and should stand on no less than two or more witnesses (Deuteronomy 19:15). A diligent search for truth on the safety and effectiveness of vaccinations reveals there are many studied, informed and qualified witnesses who have found and teach that there are serious health risks involved with vaccinations. Even Senate Bill 732 before the 103rd Congress of the United States known as the "Comprehensive Child Health Immunization Act of 1993", made known the fact that there are risks to vaccines. The following words are from that bill: Vaccine information materials should be simplified to ensure that parents can understand the benefits and risks of vaccines (emphasis added).

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
above top secret

[edit on 20-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Totally bizarre.

Not that bizarre... it's a UNICODE issue.... same with language.

Wikipedia pages use UTF-8 character set so when you so when you copy and paste say Russian: Российская Федерация​ ATS accepts that

Windows default setting is charset=iso-8859-1

Now ATS is compatible with all unicode characters, but it can be a real pain writing in them unless you have an awesome memory or don't mind tedious code typing...

For examaple

Chemical Names...

Carbon Dioxide CO2 If I copy and paste this from any web I get CO2

If I use unicode I get CO₂

The character set can be found here for subscript 2. For use in posting in forums that have Unicode activated you want the html listing under 'encoding'

www.fileformat.info...

This works on mathematics...

√ ∞

tlt.its.psu.edu...

Greek Symbols;

Δ Θ Π Σ

tlt.its.psu.edu...

Fractions;

¼

tlt.its.psu.edu...

Odd stuff;

⋔ ⊛ ♲

The Planets;

Mercury ☿

Venus ♀

Chess Anyone?

♞ ♜ ♘

Bigger
♞ ♜ ♘

Huge
♞ ♜ ♘

Complete database here
tlt.its.psu.edu...

Miscellaneos Symbols
en.wikipedia.org...

Now YOU TOO can pretend you are smarter than the average poster

[edit on 6-10-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>reply to post by loam

[img]-100[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/932a7df96d03.jpg[/atsimg]-100[/img]

[edit on 8-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
@Loam: Excellent work! You deserve both a star and a flag!
(Once I figure out how to give them, you will get them…)

This is an amazing post. Extremely accurate and immensely helpful to new ATS members such as myself, not to mention those who have little or no prior experience with BBCode.

I took the liberty of creating an 8-page pdf document with a collection of the most important BBCodes mentioned in this post. I split them into their respective categories and placed them in tables with 3 columns (desired action, BBCode images from the post and what the code produces).

Unfortunately I can only upload the pdf at rapidshare.com, since I don’t own a premium account at any other file sharing website. I could upload it to other sites as well, but there are limits to what you can do without a premium account (limited times that the file can be downloaded, limited file size etc.).

Once you have the document, feel free to post it at any other place you deem fit.

The link to the file is this:
A Guide to BBCode on ATS.pdf

Please remember that the ATS member “Loam” provided all of the information mentioned in this post. I claim no rights to this work. The pdf is just a compact presentation of some of the posted information.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I just saw this in an older thread and thought it might also be useful in this thread.

Original thread by kinglizard.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Loam, you're an 'FSME', but....

With your "bona fides", well...need I say more????

...best to you...

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Thanks for this

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

What code do you use to get those cool display boxs that you use?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

If you quote a post you can see what codes were used, it's the easiest way.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I use and like this thread so much it's still in my favorites almost a year later

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I love this thread, and it deserves a BUMP !!!

I just linked a new member here because it's so comprehensive, and it's something a lot of members don't take full advantage of.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

It is such a great thread i also found myself in the past linking new members to it many many times.

Hope more people see this!!

..And continue to use it!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Another thread on Symbols.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the guide!

It has been very useful!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Loam you're like the guy from the sky who I hope will come to teach my post apocalypse descendants how to farm and make beer. Thanks a lot dude.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Time for this wonderful thread to make it's appearance on front page, again.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This is awesome! thanks Loam! and all you otherz

This is my test lol..

[color=800080]So [color=00FF00]please [color=magenta]excuse [color=goldenrod]the [color=turquiose]mess

so if I wanted to insert unicode it's just a matter of inseting it directly to the post text? ♱ Like: ♰

[color=4E4848]HAHA! you can barely see my secret code, now can you!

[color=4A4344] this is my conspiracy text! only my top secret friends can access this message, so if you get this message, that means that you are one of my top secret friends!

yep, it all seems to work, thanks !

[edit on 7/10/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Great thread, loam!
I finally figured out how to make images to hyperlink thanks to you.
I'm having trouble aligning the signature image to the right, I get all
weird codes when I do that.
What am I doing wrong?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I found this thread information very helpful.
Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join