It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US prepared to shelter 30,000 flood victims ... Possible Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

US prepared to shelter 30,000 flood victims

rawstory.com

The US government is bracing itself to care for up to 30,000 people fleeing record flooding in the country's northern plains, a top official said Friday.

US Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said amid "historically unprecedented" flooding in the Red River valley between the states of Minnesota and North Dakota, the federal government had readied itself to house and feed 30,000 people for up to a week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This is going to be quite a devastating flood for the people out there ... i know this may seem very very far out there, but do any of you by chance think this is what FEMA has been preparing for ... i know it sounds kind of out there, but just imagine all the damage it'll do and all the jobs it'll create to rebuild ... maybe it was all planned ... that's quite far out there, but that's just a thought, call me crazy haha ... what are your thoughts?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

FARGO, N.D. (AP) -- Fargo's fears of a catastrophic flood eased Saturday with word that the Red River apparently crested at lower-than-expected levels, and weary residents turned their attention to ensuring their hastily built levees hold up against an onslaught of ice-laden water expected to stay high for at least a week.

For now FEMA can stay in DC but alot of snow hasn't thawed yet and the ground will remain soaked for a few more weeks.

hosted.ap.org...

[edit on 28-3-2009 by venividivici]

join