It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States rebel against Washington

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

States rebel against Washington

news.yahoo.com

With revolutionary die-hards behind him, Mr. Pitts has fired a warning shot across the bow of the Washington establishment. As the writer of one of 28 state "sovereignty bills" – one even calls for outright dissolution of the Union if Washington doesn't rein itself in – Pitts is at the forefront of a states' rights revival, reasserting their say on everything from stem cell research to the Second Amendment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have seen a few threads about this issue before, but it really seems to be gathering steam. The interesting thing is that its not a "Red State" phenomenon. The story includes Washington State and New Hampshire as some of the states that are doing this.

From a legal prospective, I agree with the states, DC is really going to far, and has really gotten to big. The 10th Amendment is being violated by the Federal Government's unstoppable growth first under Bush and now under Obama. In reality, I think that this really started back with FDR, Truman, and Eisenhower, but it has really accelerated under Bush and Obama.

Its time for the States to stand up to DC, but if DC pushes back, then what happens?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Anyone else find it amusing that Obama likes to think of himself as the Abraham Lincoln type , he may get his wish and split the country up again.

every day more and more people are waking up and starting to notice that the government that they believed in all their lives is a sham. the Constitution is just a piece of paper, and the ideals set forth by our founding fathers where in our imagination.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

Speaking of Lincoln...

The Original Thirteenth Amendment
Ratified March 12, 1819
www.barefootsworld.net...

The Founders held an intense disdain and distrust of "Nobility" as a result of a long history, during Colonial times, of abuses and excesses against the Rights of Man and the established Common Law and Constitutions by the "Nobility", and therefore placed in the new Constitution two injunctions against acceptance of Titles of Nobility or Honor or emoluments from external sources. The Revolutionary War for Independence was primarily waged to eliminate these abuses and excesses of the "Nobility" and the "Monied Classes" from the life of the Nation, recognizing the Equality of all men.

As there was no penalty attached to a title of nobility or honor in the Constitution as originally ratified, the Original Thirteenth Amendment was proposed in December of 1809 to institute penalty for accepting or using a "Title of Nobility or Honor" to set oneself apart from, or superior to, or possessing of any special privileges or immunities not available to any other citizen of the United States, and to eliminate the widespread use of "emoluments" as bribery and of the legislatures and judiciary used to further the causes and positions of "Special Interests". It was an attempt to keep politicians and civil servants "Honest" in their service to the citizens.
And here's another nice read...

"The Truth as I see it."
www.usavsus.info...

Continued below...

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

US continues to be in a permanent state of national emergency since March 9, 1933, and possibly as far back as the Civil War
--Senate report 93-549 (1973)

On April 15, 1861,
President Lincoln reconvened Congress under the Executive branch by proclamation (number 1): "I do hereby, in virtue of the power in me vested by the Constitution, convene both Houses of Congress."

Ceasar (President) is now in full control even over the Senate (Congress).

A Presidential dictatorship has been imposed on U.S. citizens. The sad thing is, "Most American people do not realize it yet."

The corporate government created in 1871 will continue to exist as long as:

"state of war" or "emergency" exists (War on Drugs, War on Poverty, War on Terrorism, War on Iraq, etc.),

the President does not terminate "martial" or "emergency" powers by Executive Order or decree, or

the people do not resist submission and terminate by restoring lawful civil courts, processes and procedures under authority of the "inherent political powers" of the people.
---------------------------
The original Thirteenth Amendment (no title of nobility), approved by 13 of the 17 states March 12, 1819 and thereby ratified, is the last proper draft of a de jure Amendment but is not recognized by the corporate (de facto) UNITED STATES.

The original 13th Amendment prohibits "Esquires" (Attorneys) from holding positions of public office.

The Fourteenth Amendment for all intents and purposes does not exist. On March 28, 1861 Congress adjourned sine die and never has reconvened de jure.

www.scratchinpost.net...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Actually Abraham Lincoln did try to split the nation, and founded the Nation of Liberia after purchasing the lands with U.S. Treasury Funds and setting it up and incorporating it as a Sovereign Nation. The United States Dollar has always been it's currency since it's inception through today.

Lincoln wrote and spoke to the effect that the Blacks were as all people are fundamentally and universally equal. Yet he did believe that culturally whites and blacks did not mesh as a fit, and that they should be equal but seperate.

His goal was to repriate all freed black slaves to Liberia. In fact about 27,000 did actually go, but Frederick Douglas the famed Black Bostonian Aboliginist and many of his white, New England, wealthy supporters, who heavily bankrolled the War were opposed to this and fought Lincoln on this up to the time of his untimely death by assisination. It is not clear what the outcome might have been had Lincoln survived to serve out the term.

His successor though did not pursue the policy and quickly gave up on it, while offering it still for some time as a legitimate haven for blacks wanting to return to Africa once freed.

It's possible in light of that, and the brutal treatment Barack's paternal grandfather received at the hands of the British in captivity for two years while they were the legal government in his African nation, might admire Lincoln more for his qualities of brutally supressing a movement on behalf of several states to assert their right to succession, and to retain the entirety of the lands infrastructure and commerce.

History does night hide the fact Lincoln only later included the wish to free the blacks from bondage, which he had always morally supported and been a proponent of, primarily to galvanize Northern moral support for the War. It was during the Civil War that In God We Trust was first minted on U.S. Coins, in part to solicit moral support for a large contingent of Northerners long advocating aboliginist policies on religious grounds.

He did though none the less, envison the involntary repriation of all freed slaves to the Nation of Liberia. Named so to denote that it was the nation of Liberty, he founded for that purpose.

I can't imagine the current President seeing eye to eye with him on that one.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Excellent source editions my friend.

Let it not be forgotten that Lincoln threatened to arrest and jail the Supreme Court over their refusal to want to allow him to suspend Habeus Corpus...the right to a trial by jury.

Lincoln employed every method to crush the rebellion anyway he could, even when it included throwing poorly generalled and led fresh conscripts into slaughters the resulted sometimes in range of 50,000 cassualties a day.

He hired Alan Pinkerton the famed private detective to set up a spy network reportable only to him, that later became the Secret Service.

He had the vision to see it through, but at a horrible cost to human life, property and human dignity.

England, France, and the Southern State's main trading partners had long been urging America to abolish slavery as they had already done well before.

Simply enforcing a Trade Emargo by all anti-slavery nations, against the break away states, would have led to their economic surrender probably more quickly and at far less cost and loss of life than the armed struggle to retain the Union in tact by force of arms.

Hypocritical European Nations continued to run Union Blockades throughout the war to conduct commerce with the Southern States.

It was a violent struggle primarily to bankrupt the goverment of the Union, enslave it to European Money Lenders, new Christian principals, a merging of the state with God as opposed to the previously held sacrosanct seperation of Church and State, and to jump start the U.S. Economy from an agragarian one basically centered in the Southern States, to a Manufacturing one, using new emerging technologies into an Industrial Corporate Economy to better utilize and employ the vastly larger human population teeming in it's large cities.

Those Corporate Dynasties would acquire so much money over the next few decades through the rapid industialization of the country, the war machine started, that by the turn of the century they would monopolize so much vital industry, infrastructure, commerce and wealth in so few corporate hands, that they government has never been able to act independent of that small influential group of corporate elite that for all intents and purposes is and owns the government.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time before people pick those guns up and start heading for Washington. I pray for this nation today. I'm not religious in any way but I do not know what else to do in the face of these adversities, but to appeal to something far more divine than I.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

More Stars 4 U!!!

Thanks fer the mention...

I can always count on you to be a relentless data mining machine!!!

Part Borg?

I have a little more data at my 13th Amendment Thread...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

"But this is a wake-up call. And if Washington doesn't heed that wake-up call, revolution is on the horizon."

Strong words.

There seems to be quite a few calling for a possible revolution because of what the government and the federal reserve has done to the people of this country.

They've been lied to over and over again..by both Republicans and Democrats.

I'm waiting to see what the political climate looks like after the tea parties on tax day..

Things may really kick into high gear on that day.

We'll see.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

That's what I'm waiting for also...

If it's big enough and gets enough MSM coverage

If it fails to get their attention then what?

How long do we let them run us down?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

300 cities so far have them planned.

That's far more than i expected...and there is still 2 more weeks for more to be organized.

It will be an historic day regardless.

The media should finally be forced to cover them.

If not everyone will know something is up.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
There's a good reason the 2nd Amendment give us the right to both keep and bear arms. The petty tyrants in DC hate it when you shoot back.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

thanks for all that, I had heard of this, but never actually read any of it my self and now that I have it just Reaffirms my belief that the founding fathers had it right the first time and the constitution bust be restored. Then again doesn't this mean that America is now a Democracy and not a Republic?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

star 4 U!!!

Just for reading it!!!

Well by PPT's theory...A Roman Empire based Democracy?

Is that the call PPT???

[edit on 3/29/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

More Stars 4 U!!!

Thanks fer the mention...

I can always count on you to be a relentless data mining machine!!!

Part Borg?

I have a little more data at my 13th Amendment Thread...

I really felt sorry for Jean Luc he was having enough difficulty emotionally responding to the lovely Dr. Crusher before the Borg got to him. Talk about a guy in love with his ship.

I really liked Q though. What a charachter just pop right in and out of anywhere in the Universe and could pretty much do anything.

That was my hero.

There is of course no mistaking we are all part of the machine. We have been assimiliated!

Not everyone though is completely aware or operational.

To Speed Captain Hx3_1963 my friend. The 13th Amendment and it's distaste for Lawyers in the Goverment was born at the time's as an anti-Masonic movement starting shortly after the war of 1812 and becoming a trend up through the 1830's. Most Lawyers belonged to the York Rite Masonic Order that had founded the root of Templar Law and the introduction of a Barrister and Lawyer, Esquire titled class of citizens to practice it in the courts. Evidently shortly after the bulk of the founding fathers died off, the next generation looking at the treaties that set up and governed the nation, in sometimes restrictive ways, and sometimes secretive ways, now no longer deemed to be productive for a free governed, fairly represented nation, whose citizens now some some of the secret treaties and protocols the predominantly and almost exclusively Masonic fore fathers had hampered and burdened them with. There was a general feelign of betrayal by the founding fathers and the Masons for a couple of decades that led to most Masonic Lodges being burned or abandoned and 10s of thousands of Masons leaving the order.

In fact the founder of Yale's Skull and Bones in 1832 only did so after returning from an extended vacation in Bavaria to be outraged at the scope of the eradication and the villification of the Masonic movement and destruction of it's Temples, and set up the Skull and Bones in protest, the only American Chapter of the only other Chapter of Skull & Bones being in Bavaria as the original. They are the S.S. in Germany, just as the are the S.S. in America.

The point being is that there were two major points involved in keeping Lawyers out of Politics, one the way they could impede, confuse, complicate and distorted the process of legislating, and two the were almost always Masons sworn by oath to a Secret Society.

It would have in fact been great to keep them out of government!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

You got it right...TONA???

Title of Nobility and Honour Amendment

This was to keep Lawyers out of Government, keep the Congress honest and bride free...

The 2nd 13th Amendment sadly had this wording removed...

We've been paying for it ever since...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So the Tea Party thing happens on April 15th.
The Anniversary of the Shot Heard Round the World comes up 4 days later on April 19th, which that day and the 20th of April have been remembered for a few other things like Ruby Ridge and a couple other similar events.
Ironically enough it's my birthday that day on the 19th.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Well I think we're going to have a pretty big bull horn on the 15th...
(My Birthday...Lincolns Death Day...Income Tax Day... )

In yer opinion, what signs should we look for, as to them getting the point and reversing course???

And how long do we wait for this sign???

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

In yer opinion, what signs should we look for, as to them getting the point and reversing course???

Well, potential confrontations between Federal agents and lone individuals I'd suppose. But more so keep an eye on militiamen who'd go out of their way for a confrontation. I'd much rather keep this stuff as civil and nonviolent as possible, but something is likely to happen with the way things are going.
Keep an eye out for false flags most of all. All it is going to take is something like local police or somebody getting overzealous about serving the government administration who tries to look for any reason to arrest peaceful protesters.
This brings to thought a scene from the Grapes of Wrath where the family is at a camp for people looking for work. The camp decides to throw a dance and they have to run some security internally for the camp. The local sheriff tries hiring some guys to start up a small fight at the camp so that the posse waiting outside has reason to come into the camp and remove the people from the camp; as of course the camp was a federal camp and the locality had no authority to get rid of it but that's another topic.
Basically from this story keep an eye out for suspicious activity and don't be surprised at insiders at the protests working to bend the protests to violence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join