It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Secedes From America

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Firstly, thank you for your thoughtful & non-condescending reply.

I do not wish to represent that I am a fox news loyalist, I attempt to take in information from a myriad of sources so as to assist in the distillation of my opinions.

I COMPLETELY agree with your assessment that...

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
" I did say that I do not think the media in general is presenting us with objective reporting on many issues, and that by NOT reporting at all things Americans should know so that we can make good decisions, I was pretty unhappy with all the MSM news sources.

In the time of composing my previous posts within this thread, I was sloppishly drunk and although I shan't attempt to use that as an excuse for my FOOLISH blustering, perhaps it may offer you all a shred of insight.

I sincerely apologize for my rascalian tone.

"Let us be thankful for the fools; but for them the rest of us could not succeed."~~~Mark Twain

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMasters
reply to post by centurion1211

Once again, admitting to watching FN is admitting to smearing feces on the screen while attempting too eat a rock. Studies prove people who watch FN are idiots and live in a fantasy world.

Nice contribution to the discussion - NOT. Most of the adults here realize that when someone jumps to name calling, it means that they have become (or always were?) mentally bankrupt.

Now, if you'd like to try and redeem yourself by posting links to even one of these "studies" that was done by a reputable organization ...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JMasters

I trust you have something vaguely resembling proof? An actual academicly reviewed study that will back this statement?

Studies prove people who watch FN are idiots and live in a fantasy world.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I already did, multiple times. I even made a topic on it. So here it is, again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See that? See those studies? Those charts? People who watch FN believe in magic and dragons and WMDs in Iraq and other fantasy things. The Daily Show does a better job of reporting facts then FN.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Here - and I hope this helps - are pages full of online definitions for the word "reputable":

definitions for the word reputable

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
That doesn't exactly resemble a study...more along the lines of a poll. Sorry, not a study.

Polls are all very well and good. How were the questions asked? Who was asked? Where? ...and a whole plethora of questions that can be asked regarding methodology.

...and yes, I watch Fox News on a fairly regular basis, along with several other sources of news.

Fox news is no more biased than any other news source. Yes, they tilt a bit to the right editorially, course it's no more than CNN or BBC do to the left...course you agree with them, so naturally enough Fox is the evil one. Personally? I learned to listen to all sides, and make up my own mind.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Uh, Fox News doesn't lean right, it is right, and as shown does not inform. People who watch it have no clue what's really going on. Remember when they called Mark Foley a Democrat? Obama a Muslim? And said disagreeing with the President was the devil? Now suddenly NOT disagreeing with the president is the devil.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So don't watch.

That is what the remote control is for. If other people want to watch only Fox News and remain "uninformed" as you call it, let them. It isn't your problem.

But, don't pass off opinion as fact in your effort to demonize them. Someone here is always smart enough to sniff that out and call you out on it.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think some here hate Fox New but are compelled to watch it for the really hot chicks.

If you don't like FOX, change the channel.

If you like the hot chicks on FOX, but hate the dialogue, turn the volume off.

I don't like watching amputations. So guess what I do to avoid watching amputations?

Yep.

I don't watch.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Uh, Fox News doesn't lean right, it is right, and as shown does not inform. People who watch it have no clue what's really going on. Remember when they called Mark Foley a Democrat? Obama a Muslim? And said disagreeing with the President was the devil? Now suddenly NOT disagreeing with the president is the devil.

No clue? Opinion again... Now Mark Foley, that was a mistake, you do know the definition of mistake, right? The Mr. Obama is a Muslim thing was a bit much, no strike that, it was over the top stupid, on that we agree. Disagreeing with the President, or not, is the devil? When did that happen? Don't remember seeing that, or hearing that. If you're talking editorial/talk show format, that's what they do. I've yet to hear anything even resembling that in their update...

All media is biased, don't think otherwise. Anything run by humans is going to have a built in bias. It's up to us, as the consumer, to discern what is fact, and what is opinion. Isn't it? They put it out there, we decide what's up, or what's not...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
UPS has decided to stop advertising on Fox News because they don't agree with their message.

fox News is disgusting

That has me sold. Any news outlet that YOU call "disgusting" must be well worth watching.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

See that? See those studies? Those charts? People who watch FN believe in magic and dragons and WMDs in Iraq and other fantasy things. The Daily Show does a better job of reporting facts then FN.

People who watch it have no clue what's really going on.

Ok, J.M. by following your impeccable logic to it's rational end, when Jon Stuart & his merry band of writers spend time viewing "foxnews" for the purpose of cherry-picking the juicy morsels that their audience so ravenously gobble up/wallow in, are not they(Stuart & writer minions) by default THE VERY "People who watch it & have no clue as to what's really going on" that you so despise???

I doubt not that I can expect a shrill cry of self-righteous indignation from you castigating the pillorying example I am offering as a retort to your statements but my ulterior motive is to discern if you posses the intestinal fortitude to admit that it is INDEED possible to glean useful, factual information from a wide variety of media sources(including foxnews).

The way I see it, it is incumbent upon us INDIVIDUALLY to sift the proverbial "wheat from the chaff" most especially in regards to the maelstrom of news/information purveyors we must wade through in our quest for genuine TRUTH & it seems rather glaringly apparent to most thoughtful folk that casting "blanket accusations" in regards to ANY large grouping of people has an immediate effect of weakening the foundation of someones argument.

For the record, I actually enjoy watching "The Jon Stuart Show" quite often and find myself belting out roaring belly laughs at the brilliant humor and political/corporate hypocrisy these guys expose.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well, well, Fox News. So much for their "patriotism," eh?

I say let them secede. When their day is done, every single person on the Fox News payroll can contemplate their role in legitimizing the conspiracism, hate, and violence that looks likely to be perpetrated by right-wing America in the next four years.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Well, well, Fox News. So much for their "patriotism," eh?

I say let them secede. When their day is done, every single person on the Fox News payroll can contemplate their role in legitimizing the conspiracism, hate, and violence that looks likely to be perpetrated by right-wing America in the next four years.

Keith? Keith Olbermann? Is that really you??? Just asking, because I know I've heard this speech somewhere before - on MSNBC.

And wasn't it really the Hollywood lefties that threatened to leave this country if their candidate didn't win? Too bad they lied about that, too. Now us conservatives really aren't going anywhere. We prefer to stay and fight for what we believe in, even if there are a few setbacks along the way.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Neither quote proves your ridiculous statement. However, in the interest of fairness, I will not continue this battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Good day.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Why I hate FOX NEWS

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Rupert Murdoch, the owner of Fox News, towards the end of the Bush Administration became alarmed at the import of the first bailout program, he made numerous public pronouncements of this. He then decided to give Glen Beck a national pulpit for exactly this reason. One need only check his press releases on WHY he unleashed Glen Beck; this was not a Republican/Democrat issue.

Anyone who is not totally indoctrinated by MSNBC and other politically correct media outlets and who has actually LISTENED to Fox’s blasting away at the Republican’s acquiescence with bailouts, earmarks and run away Federal spending would easily ascertain this fact. Indeed, I just love Glen Beck’s letting those Republican Party traitors have it; equal opportunity skewering.

The point is that any who are still playing this false paradigm of right against left is playing the preverbal fiddle while ‘Rome’ burns. Wake up before you are a slave in your own nation! We are AMERICANS! Stand up and take your country back before it is too LATE! They are selling your birth right at THIS MOMENT at the G-20 by subordinating the Federal Reserve and the entire fiscal apparatus of the United States to the International Monetary Fund. For those of you who are victims of outcome based education THAT MEANS THE UNITED NATIONS WILL CONTROL OUR ECONOMY! If you had been listening to Fox Business News today you would have heard about this leaked agenda of our Internationalist President.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Originally posted by rich23

The fact that Americans can think that their media has a left-wing bias is just absurd, ridiculous beyond measure.

This can only be because you are in complete lockstep with the leftist ideology.

There are a number of things wrong with that statement. Firstly, the use of the word "only" denotes a paucity of imagination. There might be a range of possibilities, but you can see only one.

Secondly, the words "lockstep with the leftist ideology" seems rather glib, and sounds as if it might be something you've heard on talk radio or FN.

Third, it betrays an ignorance of the fact that the US is way to the right of the rest of the world, to the extent that the "centre" is where most countries' right wing resides.

The fact is the leftist news bias is provable in a number of ways.

Possibly so. In that case you should have chosen a method that did actually demonstrate it.

The study you quote interviewed people to determine their voting habits. It did not establish a link between those voting habits and the media output, which is another matter altogether. People on the BBC, for example, have a variety of political views, (none of which I subscribe to because I don't have any particular ideology) and I'm quite happy with their ability to do their job without letting those views bleed out on to the screen.

The study you cite takes no account of output. And it's the output that counts. We've already established that FN viewers were more likely to be in la-la land about the war: that's because the output was tainted. But, actually, even the news outlets you'd regard as "left wing" are hugely biased in favour of, basically, the powerful institutions and capitalist ideology.

Now that that ideology is bringing the world to the inevitable collapse, people are starting to question things... too little and too late, of course.

If you really think your media is unbiased, ask how many media outlets put out any anti-war viewpoints in 2003? Have you ever heard any actual critiques of capitalism? I'm sure you don't want to hear any of these things, despite lots of current evidence that unfettered capitalism is reducing the majority of citizens around the world to third world status, including a growing number of US citizens.

The results are obvious. Over 85% of the media types are godless leftists.

So only the anointed are fit to work in the media? Didn't your country have a big thing about religious freedom? Is that all gone?

And as I say, the results are what counts. The media are owned by the corporations. They kill any story that goes against the grain. Health hazards of BGH in cows' milk, supposed to be investigated by FN, story pulled, despite conclusive evidence, after a few letters from Monsanto's lawyers.

That's the way the media is most biased. The corporations know they will make money from war, so the media is pro-war and other viewpoints are marginalised. The corporations own the media, they drive its agenda, and it's all about making the few rich and the many poor. That's the inevitable trend. Are there ever any stories about how people have been working longer hours for less money on a steady trend since the fifties? No. You'd think that was an issue that people might be interested in, but no-one's buying.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And wasn't it really the Hollywood lefties that threatened to leave this country if their candidate didn't win?

If you're going to compare what those on the left (not including me, I am addicted to my country) said versus the kind of rhetoric we've heard form the right, then you are really desperate.

We prefer to stay and fight for what we believe in, even if there are a few setbacks along the way.

Fighting for what you believe in. You mean throwing around random words, making false allegations, engaging in reactionary politics, spouting conspiracy theories, and occassionally blowing up federal buildings?

Almost makes me wish we still had George W. Bush in office. At least you righties weren't so paranoid then.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join