It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africanized Honey Bee Season Is Here!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The following was reported by the, East Valley Tribun.

Five emergency calls in five hours were enough to prompt fire officials here to put out word that bee season has arrived, and that it could be a busy one after a wet winter.

Bees swarm in the spring as groups break away from overcrowded colonies, often setting up hives in places that bring them in contact with people. That’s no small issue with aggressive Africanized honeybees established around Arizona.

“When you run into bees and there’s an actual attack, immediately call 911. Do not delay,” said Hugh Chase, a public information officer with the Phoenix Fire Department.

We also have this report:

He was brought down by killer bees, and in an interview with News 3's Steve Crupi, the victim's family is sending out a plea for medical help.

Lesli Young is the sister of the bee attack victim. Wednesday night, she appeared with other family friends and relatives outside of St. Rose Siena Hospital to discuss her brother's condition after he inadvertently stirred up nature's fury using heavy equipment to move a boulder.

"The bees did attack. There were too many and he was brought down. He has received aggressive rehydration techniques (and is) currently in critical condition."

Thousands of bees were part of the swarm. Witnesses say the victim's body was covered in a solid mass of bees during the attack. His body has absorbed so much toxin that his family is worried that local doctors aren't sure what to do next.

To see all the information and a video report of the above story follow this link:
Killer Bees

[edit on 28-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What happened to the reports of entire bee colonies dying?

Are they dying out, only to be replaced by killer bees?

Great.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They are more efficient honey producers don't you know.... Too bad they have a bad temper and hold a grudge.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am SO glad that I live in England. Land of the dull instect world. If I see a wasp, I freak out (got stung on the ass when I was younger, big long term psychological effects
) I'm ok with our bees, because they're kind of sweet, they look like big stupid flying cows. But thousands of angry, tooled up organised bees...well, lets just say I just did a big shudder.

if you live near these things, please be vigilantly careful. Carry a flame thrower on you, AT ALL TIMES. It just doesn't even bear thinking about.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Acid the horrible part about them is if you see just one and you squish it the scent it releases calls the hive to action. So if you step on a bee prepare to run and hide.

new topics

top topics

join