It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ACTA the first of the closing stages of the NWO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I know to many on here the closing stages of the NWO are evidenced though gay rights, better civil liberties and improved working conditions in Europe... (Just a few threads i've read over time
) but i think that that is either that is based on religious dogma from the individual or just plain disinformation and FUD.

You just have to look at the ACTA agreement being drawn up in secret by pretty much every government in the world and yet it's so incredibly under reported/not mentioned etc even by conspiracy theorists!

The United States, the European Community, Switzerland, Japan, Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates and Canada are all part of the negotiations. the wikileaked document is only a small taste of the full deal.

So whilst most NWO conspiracy are squabbling over basic human rights as the death nail of freedom, ACTA is close to creating one law enforceable worldwide, proposing border guards to search ipods, phones for illegally downloaded media or 'ripped' audio/video. How long before it get's to the point where you drop some gum in Ontario and are charged for littering in England?!

The majority of the proposals agreed in ACTA are considered far too controversial to ever have a chance of being passed in national governments, hence the secrecy and massive scale of the co-operation.

I've often felt like the war on terror and other "international" disputes and squabbles are staged distractions so that most people's attentions are diverted from what is truley going on; some may say the war in Iraq was used in order to pass some liberty busting legislation in the Uk and US, i'd go as far to say that, like 9/11 is purported to be, the wars on terror was staged for this purpose.

ACTA entrenches the liberty stealing further by introducing provisions allowing for internet surveillance, snooping, archiving and more and providing a recourse ABOVE the due legal system for dealing with violations set out - i.e. just as the RIAA does currently (and dubiously).

I'll leave with this quote from free software foundation's Adam Shaw's article on ACTA:
Numerous elected officials might also take a stand against ACTA once they learn more about such an underhanded attempt to circumvent their legitimate legislative and fiscal authority. These political leaders could explain to voters why enforcement policies that lack procedural safeguards and accountability undermine consumer rights and threaten civil liberties. At the same time, their task is made more difficult by the treaty proponents' deliberate use of the term “counterfeit” to describe activities that have nothing to do with counterfeiting.

new topics

join