It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Media Member's Photos Thread

page: 186
<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Is it possible that the members who have issues with others posting their pictures are in fact... ugly?

What in the hell are you talking about? Plenty of ugly people are proud of their ugly and make a fine living with it.
Yeehawww........finally got my SAG card.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f45b03334aee.jpg[/atsimg]

on the set of "Blood Brothers" now known as "The Reunion"

www.imdb.com...
edit on 27-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Is it possible that the members who have issues with others posting their pictures are in fact... ugly?

What in the hell are you talking about? Plenty of ugly people are proud of their ugly and make a fine living with it.
Yeehawww........finally got my SAG card.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f45b03334aee.jpg[/atsimg]

on the set of "Blood Brothers" now known as "The Reunion"

www.imdb.com...
edit on 27-8-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

Is that you, Unca Wallace?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

?? and who is saying that the ones that have posted are not ugly?

Jk (quite frankly though..its clear that some members think to highly of what they look like )

In my honest opinion..not knowing what people really look like is what I enjoy about the net..and sites like these. You can get past all the physical judgement, and relate on a more intellectual ..emotional level, and spiritual level.

Do you really want someone to like you cause you look good? I know I don't.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

That's one helluva angle on it...

I dunno

edit on 27-8-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vamp333
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

i think i just fell in love

Well that's nice to walk into

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Found an old photo from 2006 that I thought I'd lost

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4751c7e400c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

?? and who is saying that the ones that have posted are not ugly?

Jk (quite frankly though..its clear that some members think to highly of what they look like )

In my honest opinion..not knowing what people really look like is what I enjoy about the net..and sites like these. You can get past all the physical judgement, and relate on a more intellectual ..emotional level, and spiritual level.

Do you really want someone to like you cause you look good? I know I don't.

Hmmm...I can see where you're coming from. However, just like I don't judge a person if I don't think they're attractive, or think less of them, I would also not 'trust' or listen to or like a person more (on these forums) if I deemed them good looking. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Maybe someone doesn't like that I have my picture as my profile, but would you care if it was an ugly photo? No I don't always look spiffy, in fact I'm sure I'd scare my neighborhood pets if they saw me roll out of bed in the morning. *shrug* I just think I should be able to do what I like without feeling guilty (as long as I'm harming no one).

I do like not knowing what people look like but at the same time I like knowing what they look like too, if given the chance. Mystery is fun, but it shouldn't matter or make a difference in the long run.

Is it 'clear' that some people think highly of what they look like? It's not so clear to me....but maybe I'm "seeing through a glass darkly"
edit on 3-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Eating fast food at a theme park.

I hope I dont get fined 1000 points for this pic

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Hmmm...I can see where you're coming from. However, just like I don't judge a person if I don't think they're attractive, or think less of them, I would also not 'trust' or listen to or like a person more (on these forums) if I deemed them good looking. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Maybe someone doesn't like that I have my picture as my profile, but would you care if it was an ugly photo? No I don't always look spiffy, in fact I'm sure I'd scare my neighborhood pets if they saw me roll out of bed in the morning. *shrug* I just think I should be able to do what I like without feeling guilty (as long as I'm harming no one). I do like not knowing what people look like but at the same time I like knowing what they look like too, if given the chance. Mystery is fun, but it shouldn't matter or make a difference in the long run. Is it 'clear' that some people think highly of what they look like? It's not so clear to me....but maybe I'm "seeing through a glass darkly"

I see nothing wrong with putting up a photo of yourself .. and my reply was aimed at a remark about those who didn't..did not..because perhaps they were ugly.

I have observed one thing in life..and that is that many people who get attention for the looks..end up relying on their looks for attention...and you can see that seep through onto these types of boards.

Its fine to put a face to someone you think you know online...I don't have a problem with that. What I do see as "vain" and judgmental is someone saying those that don't put up pics....are most likely ugly...because they are in fact saying they think they are not..and like you said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (I personally have always loved a profile with a large hooked nose )

I'm not sure what kind of dark glasses you look through.. if any.. but I have a sixth sense about peoples vanity..and I call it like I see it.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

You say in a previous post of your:
"(quite frankly though..its clear that some members think to highly of what they look like )"

where/how/what did you see in a post that one or some members think to highly of themselfs? I wonder... because I've read this entire thread over the last few weeks and nowhere did I see anything like that.
I didn't see anyone saying 'look at me! I'm so pretty!!!'
did you?

I did see other ppl comenting on pictures saying 'hey you look good'
so what?
that's exactly how life works. The pretty people can't help it if they look good, they should not make themselves more ugly because it might offend someone. And it should't stop them from posting their picture either.

pictures and profile images mean other things to other people, it's not because you choose one thing that everyone will interprete or look at it the way you want them.
Take your flower image for example, and this is not meant to offend you in any way ,but to me a flower bouquet like that gives me the impression that I am talking to a senior person. I don't know if this is true or not and I don't know if you intended it to be that way... but hey, not all of us can depend on a flawless intuition.
To others it might hint towards a gardener, someone who loves nature.... but that's it, nothing more comes from the picture.
A picture speaks a thousend words (partly why I make avatars), which is handy when you haven't read to many posts from the person in question.

just my thoughts

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

pictures and profile images mean other things to other people, it's not because you choose one thing that everyone will interprete or look at it the way you want them. Take your flower image for example, and this is not meant to offend you in any way ,but to me a flower bouquet like that gives me the impression that I am talking to a senior person. I don't know if this is true or not and I don't know if you intended it to be that way... but hey, not all of us can depend on a flawless intuition. To others it might hint towards a gardener, someone who loves nature.... but that's it, nothing more comes from the picture. A picture speaks a thousend words (partly why I make avatars), which is handy when you haven't read to many posts from the person in question. just my thoughts

A picture portrays what the person intends it for... and it seems like some choose their avatars based on the fantasies they have of who they want to be..or how they want to look.

I think avatars can be most deceiving (considering that it paints a false impression)..The fact that you assumed I was a senior because of a rose avatar pretty much shows the false impression they can give....yet they are powerful to the subconscious , and yes ..they can also be revealing as to the character of the member.

As far as some members here thinking too highly of how they look..its bound to happen..its a fact of life.. in the real world..and on the net. It isn't an issue with me....just an observation.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I agree that it is just as ignorant to say that somebody is ugly because they don't have up a photo of themselves.

I have been on these boards since 2008 and only this year, 2011 did I put up a photo of myself, and only because I told myself I was going to stop being paranoid about such things. And nobody probably gives a rats ass if I do or don't.

My dark glasses? Why my Elvis glasses of course...they're pretty dark...
I don't know, I was slightly intoxicated when I posted that haha.

To each their own. I think everyone just needs to stop judging everyone else. If you are able to tell if someone is vain from their pictures, that is fine, but no need to call them on it. Perhaps they have other insecurities you are not aware of (because we all do). Or maybe they don't. That's not my business, unless they make it my business. Really, in the grand scheme of things, who gives a crap if someone is vain or not, as long as it's not hurting the next person...

If a really good looking person posts a bazillion photos of themselves versus a not as attractive person posting a bazillion photos of themselves, I think it's safe to say that the better looking person will probably be more quickly judged on being vain than the not so attractive person.

It seems to me that in the type of world we live in today, and all the other gigantic things going on around us this should really be the last kind of thing we bicker about.

I say, let us love one another, for all our beauties and all our flaws.

edit on 3-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine
Found an old photo from 2006 that I thought I'd lost

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4751c7e400c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ad292701a3d.jpg[/atsimg]

Audrey

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

I totally agree..and vanity is really not such an issue..when you consider far worse aspects of human nature.

I don't have a problem with your picture... at all...

My original post was in reference to someone saying that those who don't post pics of themselves is perhaps because they are ugly...which I found to be rather self serving...and you seem to agree with me on this point.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I have to admit..those are cool photos

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Audrey

Damn, my secret's out. I'm really Audrey Hepburn.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervalentiodine
Damn, my secret's out. I'm really Audrey Hepburn.

I knew it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Alright.... after much debating.... here I am!!!
I took this a few days ago. And yes, the necklace is the Taurus symbol. I'm a Taurus and proud of it

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d0db6cddd6f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

A +++

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by CeeRZ

A +++

Hey... have you noticed the little "cool" smiley looks like your avatar?

And thank you! Happy to pass the test with extra credit! haha
edit on 7-9-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 183  184  185    187  188  189 >>

join