It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Give us a chance,' Biden tells G20 protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

VINA DEL MAR, Chile (AFP) – US Vice President Joe Biden on Saturday called for tens of thousands of protesters already on the streets of Europe ahead of a G20 summit next week to give governments a chance to tackle the economic crisis. "I would hope that the protesters give us a chance, listen to what we have to say and hopefully we can make it clear to them that we're going to walk away from this G20 meeting with some concrete proposals," Biden said at a news conference after a meeting of center-left politicians in Chile. Tens of thousands frustrated by the deepest global recession since the 1930s took to the streets of London Saturday, as well as thousands more in Paris, Berlin and Frankfurt, ahead of Thursday's summit of the Group of 20 industrialized and developing economies.

A university professor has been suspended from his job after warning that bankers would be "hanging from lampposts" during the protests,and finance workers have been advised to dress down to avoid attracting attention.

news.yahoo.com...

A university professor has been suspended from his job after warning that bankers would be "hanging from lampposts" during the protests, and finance workers have been advised to dress down to avoid attracting attention.

Wow...Europe is pissed.

They are screaming about the bankers...but really they should be angry for what the governments of the world have done.

Spending everyone into the ground....i know that they are going to announce a new worldwide currency.

The strength of the dollar isn't going to last forever.

If i were going to those talks..i'd want to be flown in by helicopter with full body armor...people seem to have just about had enough.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
They've had enough chances... Nobody trusts them anymore, or should, or even risk, or dare, to.

It's been proven time and time again that the bankers and the government, the corporations, cannot be trusted, that they always act against the people.

I hope these protesters keep up the pressure to get their point across and demands full change to the benefit of people, not to the bankers/ goverments /corporations interest...

Or else

I'm an ocean away from the summit but it'll have been quite an experience to attend to.

Give them a chance?

Not a chance.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Wow...Europe is pissed.

Yes, Europe is pissed (off).

They are screaming about the bankers...but really they should be angry for what the governments of the world have done.

People are angry with what governments have done. What makes you think they aren't? The issue here is that, as you're aware, the relationship between bankers and governments is #ed for various reasons as they are so closely intertwined as they scratch each other's backs.

Yes, the governments should take the flak for allowing this happen, but bankers &c. ultimately had a more direct role in all of this.

I'm beginning to agree with professor and the point about lamp-posts.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

People are angry with what governments have done. What makes you think they aren't? The issue here is that, as you're aware, the relationship between bankers and governments is #ed for various reasons as they are so closely intertwined as they scratch each other's backs.

I'm sorry..i'm not saying they aren't...i was really referring to the one quote about the bankers.

I believe they are tied in together as well. Many of my posts reflect that..especially the US Federal Reserve.

Do you think the protests will stay peaceful?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Blah, you're out of chances.

Especially Biden, he has been a Washington insider now for a LONG time. He has had his chance. Time is up. I think they all know it too.

If they honestly think the people in the world are stupid enough to think that giving greater power to the banks through a Global Currency is going to quell the rage, they better start thinking again.

I wonder if our friends across the pond can enlighten us how the people over there would take the news of a Global Currency solution. My opinion is that is also what the are protesting against, I could be wrong though.

I know the EU wants England to adopt the Euro, but more than enough citizens are against it, and to introduce and have a new currency work you need the citizens to buy and spend with it.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Do you think the protests will stay peaceful?

I think that for the most part they will stay peaceful. There's been a couple of interviews this week from protest organisers who've stated that they're determined to keep this as orderly and legal as possible as it's not in their interests to have the whole thing get out of hand and 'dismissed' as the act of criminals &c. There was concerns raised about police involvement being the catalyst for previous crowd disturbances.

However, the larger the crowd, the more inevitable it will be that there's an element that just want to see things get broken or burned, no matter what the demonstration is actually about.

I think it will kick-off, but not on the scale that some people have anticipated - or scare-mongered, depending on your view.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here's an idea for you and Obama Joe, why don't you give the Constituion a chance? Go back to those ideas for your solution. Or how about we see what happens if we take a chance and audit the federal reserve? Then again we wouldn't want to make your masters unhappy so you're out here asking us to give your whole global currnecy/carbon tax idea a chance? Audit the federal reserve first and then maybe we'll talk.

They have to realize that by now the people are catching onto the whole central bankig scam. The days of these Central bankers being in power are numbered. I welcome the day when we're not slaves to these demons anymore.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

Your gonna have to get used to the fact that the
constitution is gone. Its a new world global economy , and it doesn't
have a place in it

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Joe Biden says give them a chance. They will come away from this meeting with something concrete. That's what bothers me. From what I've seen and heard so far this year, any more of this crap that has been rammed down our throats will be very bad, indeed.

new topics

top topics

join