It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can somene please tell me what this symbol is?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
From the pictures, it looks like a chunk of glass, i've seen several pieces like that digging sites before, from Spanish forts to a old trash heap from the fifties.

The "symbol" just looks like a design on the bottom fro when it was made, you get designs like that on the bottom of glass bottoms still.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
thanks, i might be able to take it to a local museum tommorow and have it checked out, it is probably just some sort of signet or somthing.
anyways, thanks for you imput.
i will be updating this maybe tommorow afternoon.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Are you suggesting that it's something that occurs randomly in the manufacture of glass items, or a 'logo' that they deliberately worked into the glass? If either, I think it would be the latter, as it is definitely symmetrical (the part we can see, anyway.)

I don't think it's glass though. I think the notion that it's glass may stem from the way the light is reflecting off it in the first pic the OP posted. It looks rather translucent, but I think that is probably an illusion.

I have seen beer bottles melted by campfire that did resemble that a bit though.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The "arches" of the symbol may simply be chips (glass fractures conchoidally) that have been knocked off. I'm thinking this, because the edges look sharp enough to scrape or cut, and carved symbols generally don't have dangerous edges.

If it was a deliberate symbol, then it looks like part of Thor's Axe (Mjolnir), which would be a symbol for the Asatru religion. Could also be a Celtic cross, but I would tend to expect more decoration on that.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
ok, well i took a look at it again, and i can tell you that the symbol is definatly meant to be there whatever it is, this is definatly something round on the bottom. now i dnt know if this means anything but this thing does not get hot, i have placed it into boiling water, placed it over a fire for over 4 minutes and this thing is cold enough to touch, it actualy feels like it has been in the fridge all afternoon!
maybe this could help tell what it is made from!
any help is appreciated.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by cameronvictor]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The properties you're describing are that of a ceramic. They're wonderful materials, but they can shatter just like glass. Do let us know what the museum thinks (although if they don't have an archaeologist you may not get a good answer from the curator).

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The "arches" of the symbol may simply be chips (glass fractures conchoidally) that have been knocked off.

I agree that it's broken there, but I can easily imagine almost any material breaking along part of its features. It looks to me like whatever those curves are were outlined as well - as part of the design.

It does seem to have a Celtic 'feel' to it - not that there is actually enough of it to glean that from. Unless it's a design that I am just familiar enough with to recognize part of it - but not familiar enough with to identify, if that makes any sense.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It looks like glass to me, especially the pic where it's held up to the light.
Like I've said, I've dug up a lot of beer bottles over the years.
That said, it may be ceramic, Byrd has a good deal more experience than I do.

It still looks like the bottoms of some bottles, looks like something from it being made.

I've found similar looking pieces to that, I think, but I don't have any on hand to compare.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cameronvictor
their is too much light in the picture i think!
here is the picture, i have just outlined the partial symbol.

www.box.net...
It does appear that it was subjected to high heat as has been noted. From this photo it has two indentations the shape of rounded pies and at the end it appears that the break occurred close to indentations that look like counter sinked holes. It appears what ever it is actually sat in something else and acted as a conductor, or semi conductor, or even a insulator for another unknown force. I don't want to say electricity. It could also be a holder, receiver of some type.

I don't see a emblem but rather the course surface of the mold marks as seen in the small hammered marks. It is gold plated on that side, and is it gold that runs threw the grains of the material?

As their is no dirt in any of the crevices I doubt it was recovered at dig sight. As it appears to have been subjected so some high heat from some source, re-entry? For some strange reason it reminds me of that bar of metal recovered from a ladies house that fell from the sky.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
[edit on 5-4-2009 by cameronvictor]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
well, to be totaly honest with all of you, this was no found at a dig site but rather in a hole after something had crashed in a backyard.
my reason for doing so is that i didnt want everyone to think that i was some type of crazy loonatic or something.
anyways my friend gave this to me about a year after he left the counrty to go and study in australia. And as far fetched as this may seem, he told me that one night he herd a loud high pitched screetching noise coming from outside , and so he went out with his dog and what he found was a clean hole about 30 or so centimeteres deep. a few days later he went out and out of curiosity he dug up the hole and found this artifact.
since then i have almost not spokenwith him, but i know for a fact that he wouldnt lie about something like this. after all he was a firm christian who went tochurch twice a week and as far as i am concerned he never had lied to me before.
and so as i said i was in a preveous post, i took it to some jewler in south africa when i was on holiday.
the jewler said that it was definatly made from ruby although he said that the way the light had been reflecting off of its surface that there had to be some kind of metalic element or metal of some sort.
well i sat at this place while he phoned one of his collegues and he described some of its characteristics and they discussed it for some time and he had agreed to the fact that there was some sort of metallic element withing the ruby. he then told me that it may be a type of silicon and so on. anyways i am still unable to clearly figure out what this is.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cameronvictor

I am willing to bet, Chicken little, knew more than what we are allowed to know.

I have been looking for clues as to what could be going on, and I believe I have enough to put a puzzle together about this. Craft, it appears, are being attacked in our local vicinity of space by a so far unknown force, well, maybe known by a few. It appears there really is a "War" going in in what might be termed "Heaven".

The following are videos of what is termed meteorites re-entering our atmosphere. The only problem is, they look like no meteorites I have ever seen before. They actually look like space debris or what might be expected when a craft re-enters our atmosphere.

What is doing it? Well, watch the following and decide for yourself.

You may be holding one of the pieces of one of "those" craft that appear to have been, for lack of a better term, "Dissected", and destroyed. What goes up, must come down, eventually, somewhere, sometime, some place.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's real simple!
it is without a doubt the fragment of a button which had a cross on it similar to the one associated to the knights templar. On the lower part of the button you can even see where the holes were in the button...
But just to set it straight -> I am saying SIMILAR to the knights templar one.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I aren't an expert but to me picture 3 looks like this thing was cast - Bronze Maybe???
Maybe you could U2U the thread link to skyfloating and get his oppinion?
Very interesting thing you found. I am a bit puzzled why the person who worked there did't suggest you make your find known, if all they fopund before was pottery then i would have thought this could help with future digs?

edit: Just seen the second version of your story - are you just following the advice for a sarcastic post in page 1with that??? Or am i completely wasting my time with this

[edit on 14-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
It's real simple!
it is without a doubt the fragment of a button which had a cross on it similar to the one associated to the knights templar. On the lower part of the button you can even see where the holes were in the button...
But just to set it straight -> I am saying SIMILAR to the knights templar one.

he told me that one night he herd a loud high pitched screetching noise coming from outside , and so he went out with his dog and what he found was a clean hole about 30 or so centimeteres deep. a few days later he went out and out of curiosity he dug up the hole and found this artifact.
Does a knights templar button, or for that matter, any button, dig a 30 CM hole in the ground? With noise? geeesssh

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
how do you know for sure that it did?
just because of a second hand story......
Look at the damn thing, and you will see that there is no way in hell this could be anything different than a button. And anyways even if it is part of a UFO or so, I doubt that ETs build their spaceships from ruby don't you think?
tsssssssss........ use your own brain not other's

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
And something crashing on earth from space would definately leave a deeper hole than 30 centimeters...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
none have to believe me, the fact is that not many peopel have believed me!.
this is why i created the dig story in the first place, because as soon as i say something about falling from space or anything liek that it gets shot down.
anyways i dnt care if you believe me or not.
thanks to anyone who might have helped.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It's not that I don't believe you, it is just that you said it was ruby and it was 30 centimeters in the ground. I believe you, I don't believe your friend. If Something crashes from space into the earth, it would be coming towards earth with a few thousand miles per hour. Don't you think the impact would take it further down that 30 cm? If a meteor the size of an orange crashes into the earth it leaves a hole with a diameter of about atleast 20 feet.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

looks like Obsidian to me.
Where did you find it?
By your photos it appears to have a glass-like consistency?
If it is Obsidian, ancient peoples found this stuff very useful as it could be chipped in certain ways to produce razor sharp cutting edges for knives, arrow heads etc.
Of course that was later made obsolete by metals.
interested to hear your thoughts!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join