It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine on the brink (video) - coming to a country near you?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hm...USA is far worse at the moment than Ukraine. And, education is much better at Ukraine. People are used to surviving. Collapse in US would cause horrible things.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ukraine is forced to take a loan from the IMF. Romania - my country, the same. We are forced to take a loan from the IMF - by our governement.
We do not need that loan. But "we" in fact our corrupt government will take it , to rescue foreign banks !. IMF blackmailed the governemnt, saying "let us help you, or we declare Romania as a dangerous country to invest in and you lose investors".
What good people these IMF Sith lords are. Will give you money even when you don't ask for it.

It's a plan to enslave the entire eastern Europe. Soon all the contries here will work to pay the debt, forever, trough taxes. IMF will be the FED of the world. They will keep countries in debt, and impose their rules. People will have to obey laws coming from bankers !

Where are the money coming from ? Poor IMF is emptying their vault to "help" us ? Yes sure :
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The International Monetary Fund is poised to embark on what analysts have described as "global quantitative easing" by printing billions of dollars worth of a global "super-currency" in an unprecedented new effort to address the economic crisis.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ukraine is a difficult to understand by someone who never was there. it is a country which has got a independence in last years but still have no idea what to do with it. I am living in Poland, my father was from Lviv (it was Polish city before the WWII - like whole Ukraine, Bielarus, Lituania and more). I went there to see it last year. and I found out that they are about economics and politics still in the CCCP.

we are now organizing together with Ukraine the 2012 Euro soccer championships. and I do not see any possibility for Ukraine to build stadions, roads, hotels and so. but even if they will do they are not able to change their mentality. and with the one they have they never will have any success.

it is like in Belarus. but Bielarus has an excuse. the Belarus's intelectual elite was completly eliminated every 40 years in last few centuries. today it is like North Korea in the central Europe. and Ukraine is our Korea number two.

so their financial problems do not only come out the financial crises. for example Poland is doing pretty well. and Ukraine would fall with or without the crises. they just did not get used to be a independent country.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
So what's it like when your country's economy goes right over the edge?

So what is coming? Looks like 2 choices: total bankruptcy or total indebtedness to the IMF for generations to come.

[edit on 28/3/09 by pause4thought]

It is their new slave system, perpetual debt.

Check out the book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman".

The author worked for the world bank and IMF, and he tells
the real story of what they do.

They should all be held accountable for their crimes.

Most politicians are complicit with this too, check their voting
records on related things.

We have a new global mafia running the world into the ground.

Ppl are getting campaign contributions to look the other way.

It is now totally corrupt and I do not think it can be repaired.

Tabula Rasa may be are only hope at this point.

I am just going to head for the hills though, good luck to everyone
with their 2nd revolutionary war.

Good Luck to all the truly good ppl !

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

the future is now, my friend.
S+F.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I am in the process of trying to open trade with the Ukraine there are still people who have money to buy or trade goods. Find a need and fill it is what I say and the people of the Ukraine are very resourceful and will find a way to survive regardless of what the IMF tries to control.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I heard some christian missionaries talk about their experiences over there and things we take for granted like Clothing are something people cannot really afford very often.He said when he arrived the church saved for a week to present him with a little money for all they were doing.It amounted to 2 U.S. dollars.he returned it and gave them 40 bucks and they were estatic, that along with some computers made these people see a miracle of god in their eyes.

Amazing, the depth of poverty over there.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I would say only one thing. The countries which first reach the bottom would be the winners in the post crisis world. They would be although the first to rise.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sooo...bottom line:

You NEED food and water: Long term - freeze-dried foods in sealed cans with shelf-life of 15-20 years. Short term for portability - MRE's. Water stored (out of direct sunlight) in food grade 55 gal drums or cisterns, if available and 5 gal portable containers for quick get-a-ways. A good water purification device is desirable, as well.

You NEED shelter: Secluded, off-grid is best. Avoid large metro centers for safety concerns.

You NEED medical supplies - a good and complete first-aid kit.

You NEED an accepted store of value to use as barter for those things reqired during a financial emergency. In USA the pre-1965 90% pure silver dimes, quarters and halves would be best (gold is good but not for small purchases).

You NEED to protect the above listed items from those motivated on taking them from you. IE: guns and ammo.

You DON'T NEED money (little green pieces of paper).

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The situation is still developing. Here's a telling article bringing us up to speed:

Ukraine's economy 'to shrink 9%'

The World Bank has said Ukraine's economy will shrink by 9% this year, more than double its previous forecast.
It said in December that Ukraine would contract by 4%. The International Monetary Fund expects the country to shrink by 6%...

...Ukraine's currency has dropped 38% in the past year against the US dollar, eclipsed only by the Icelandic krona and the Seychelles rupee.

Bearing in mind people can't even get their money out of the banks you have to wonder where this is headed. Unfortuantely things are bound to come to a head sooner or later. The question is, how can the govt. increase tax revenues as required by the IMF in order for them to receive the emergency funds.

Not to mention how the IMF has the country over a barrel once it is completely dependent on them for economic survival.

This is one nasty concoction.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It's Ukraine...not "The Ukraine."

Good video. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Sorry about the faux pas. That's how it was referred to up to the end of the Soviet Union. Old habits die hard, I'm afraid.

(Incidentally if you (or any other readers) are over there yourself, it would be fascinating to get a first-hand account or two of how things are going at the moment.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

Amazing isn't it how they work? That 16 billion dollar loan to Ukraine will be nothing more than numbers in a computer that have the power enslave an entire nation just as Romania.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Read on Bloomberg today that the Ukraine is seeking additional emergency funds from the ever benevolent IMF...

The International Monetary Fund will arrive in Ukraine today and meet with Prime Minister Yulia Timoshenko to resume talks on disbursing the second tranche of the former Soviet state’s $16.4 billion loan....

....it will find “non-inflationary” ways of financing the budget gap and approved two laws to raise tobacco, alcohol and diesel taxes last week. Ukraine needs to pass several more laws, including on bank restructuring...

www.bloomberg.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join