It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS/BTS a "Hate" Site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
NEW YORK (AP) -- Online games that allow children to "shoot" illegal immigrants, Jews and blacks are among the thousands of extremist Web sites described in a report by an international human rights organization.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center, which has been tracking hate Web sites for nine years, describes in the report released Monday more than 200 of about 4,000 online hate sites it monitors.

The report includes sites that deny the Holocaust, theorize September 11 conspiracies and glorify al Qaeda. The more common hate sites feature racism, anti-Semitism and gay bashing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So according to this report, websites that promote ideas that are unpopular are "hate sites". So by this definition ATS is a hate site since we theorize on 9/11 Conspiracies, and I've seen my share of Gay Bashing here on ATS/BTS. Am I the only one who thinks this is dangerous?

Here is the Link to the original article:
Report: Surge in hate Web sites targeting young

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The Simon Wiesenthal Center, which was originally designed to help the victims of the holocaust and ensure that they were never forgotten, has become just another politically correct group with nothing better to do than spout crap.

Their original aims were laudable, but have been forgotten in the tide of Political correctness.

To say that sites such as ATS are 'Hate groups' is a typical load of PC bollocks.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
The Simon Wiesenthal Center, which was originally designed to help the victims of the holocaust and ensure that they were never forgotten, has become just another politically correct group with nothing better to do than spout crap.

Their original aims were laudable, but have been forgotten in the tide of Political correctness.

To say that sites such as ATS are 'Hate groups' is a typical load of PC bollocks.

Exactly. They are labeling sites that deal in controversial topics "hate" sites. This is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The True terrorists strike again.
Wonderful find as usual Ocelot.
Yes this is scary, but to be expected.
I dont suspect it'll be long before they are shutting down websites and such. Its gonna be a wild summer to say the least. What do you think americans will do when they are getting arrested for '911 conspiracy theory'?
As a matter of fact, the governments story of what happened on 911 is nothing more than a conspiracy theory.
Their ALL just theories until one is proven correct, and no one denies its a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well personally I think Osama was behind the holocaust, 9/11 never happened and that illegal immigrants are the ones bashing all the gays.

They should add my post to their article.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by StationsCreation]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow we must be an extreme hate site accoridng to their findings since we have it all. We've had 9/11 conspiracies, Holocaust denyings, gay bashing, racism, and anti-Semetism. Looks like The Simon Wiesenthal Center is going a little extreme with all of this. Especialy with the 9/11 conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
has anyone dug around and found this list? i'd like to see where ATS stands, personally. i'm willing to bet it's in the top 10, if not top 5.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That's it. We're done. This is gonna get out of hand and people are gonna start cracking down on sites that are "hate sites" and any sites that deal with conspiracy because they're obviously hate sites. Peace out freedom of speech. Let's enjoy it while we have it

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
We should move the server to Switzerland or the Cayman Islands.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
We should move the server to Switzerland or the Cayman Islands.

That's not a bad idea actually.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Does anyone have a working copy of ethnic cleansing the game? Ive always wanted to see it out of morbid curiosity.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't know, but personally I think.......
[sarcasm]
ALL BLACKS SHOULD BE KILLED AND ALL GAYS SHOULD BE SENT INTO THE fire that spewed them! Halleleujah my brothers the time is near! It is almost time for redemption!
[sarcasm]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Guess this means I should leave this forum for good as I am one of those hateful people. I hate being lied to.I hate being duped.I hate being told what to beleive and what not to beleive.I hate being told what to watch and what to read, what to buy what to grow ............Oh wait a minute.thats why I joined ATS.Thanks for being here.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mewzik
Guess this means I should leave this forum for good as I am one of those hateful people. I hate being lied to.I hate being duped.I hate being told what to beleive and what not to beleive.I hate being told what to watch and what to read, what to buy what to grow ............Oh wait a minute.thats why I joined ATS.Thanks for being here.

Exactly.

Whenever I see crap like that article spouted by the preprogrammed masses Orwellian concepts begin popping into my head.

Newspeak.
Group-think.
Thought-Police

etc. etc.

Scary.

Maybe it's people like that who should be eradicated. Then the world would be left with free thinkers and we'd all be free of the ones who would tell us what to think/feel/dream of/wear/not wear/behave and on and on.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by KayEm]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
has anyone dug around and found this list? i'd like to see where ATS stands, personally. i'm willing to bet it's in the top 10, if not top 5.

It wasnt on there at ALL... christianparty.net... down at the bottom a lil...that cant be all of the sites tho.

top topics

join