It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cat Mutilations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A few day's ago I posted an article about Cattle Mutilations. You can read the article at this link:Cattle

Today I came across a story about Cat Mutilations

CORPUS CHRISTI TEXAS:

A cat was found mutilated with only its head and leg found in the Southside Tuesday night and a detective is currently investigating the crime.

According to CrimeStoppers, there have already been 13 cat mutilations in the city since April. Tuesday's cat mutilation happened on the 4200 block of Yorktown.

Here is the link to the original report: Cats

I have put together a detailed report for the Worldview blog

Earthfiles.com reported the following this week:

On March 18, 2009, Corpus Cristi police investigated a cat found cut in half near the city’s Club Estates Elementary School on the south side of Corpus Christi. The cat was cut cleanly through its middle with a smooth incision. Its organs had been removed and were not at the scene. 31 cat mutilations have been reported to Corpus Christi police since April 2008. Twelve of those 31 cats have been found in the same general area on the south side of the city. Police have no suspects and have not made any arrests. Anyone with information, please call Corpus Christi CrimeStoppers at: 361-888-8477.

Over the years, recurring cycles of cat mutilations have been reported in England, Canada and many states in America. Texas has had repeated cat mutilations in Corpus Cristi, San Antonio, Austin, and Plano, Texas, an affluent suburb north of Dallas. In 1991, 1993 and the late 1990s, Texas police received dozens of reports about cats found cut in half, usually with the front half near the owners' yards or sidewalks. Plano Police Detective Mike Box also had missing reports on more than 80 domestic house cats that wore collars and I. D. tags, but were never found. Detective Box investigated satanic cult activities, but could not find any evidence that connected them to the mutilated and missing cats and other animals such as dogs.

Here is the link to the original article. Beware there is a photo of the mutilated cat: Story

More to come as I find more information.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by tsrk30]

[edit on 28-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Hmmm. Possibly the work of some up and coming serial killer.

I just dont understand how people can torture or mutilate anything. I understand killing. I have had to kill myself (chickens) growing up, and I disliked it intensely, but I understand why you might have to kill to eat, or kill in self defense. I just dont understand enjoying it. And I really dont understand enjoying the suffering of another thing.

I really think there must be a part of the brain wired differently in those people who enjoy it. Utter lack of mirror neurons perhaps.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

"Hmmm. Possibly the work of some up and coming serial killer"

That is an interesting suggestion for the cause of these mutilations. I don't think many reports have offered that as a possible cause.

Do you think after the killer moved from cats to people, that he would kill in the same area?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsrk30

Do you think after the killer moved from cats to people, that he would kill in the same area?

I think that would depend on how smart he was. (I say he not to be discriminatory, but because most serial killers that do this are male. Female serial killers prefer nursing)

The smartest ones may start in their own area, and work there for a while, but they tend to move around. It makes it less likely the pattern will be spotted.

And yeah, I would guess that many people wouldnt see it as the work of a burgeoning serial killer. People usually jump to the Satanic cult theory, because so many teenagers kill cats at Halloween. But that is one thing, and a string of non-Halloween related mutilations of animals is another.

(I leave the cattle thing out altogether because there is other weirdness there with the cellular changes, etc.)

I read a lot (on everything) and watch a lot of "Forensic Files" where they solve cases forensically, and I have seen several on serial killers and quite a few of them start off killing and mutilating animals. That gets less satisfying over time, and some of them graduate to people.

en.wikipedia.org...

One of the known warning signs of certain psychopathologies, including anti-social personality disorder, also known as psychopathic personality disorder, is a history of torturing pets and small animals, a behavior known as zoosadism. According to the New York Times, "[t]he FBI has found that a history of cruelty to animals is one of the traits that regularly appears in its computer records of serial rapists and murderers, and the standard diagnostic and treatment manual for psychiatric and emotional disorders lists cruelty to animals a diagnostic criterion for conduct disorders.[30] "A survey of psychiatric patients who had repeatedly tortured dogs and cats found all of them had high levels of aggression toward people as well, including one patient who had murdered a young boy."[30] Robert K. Ressler, an agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation's behavioral sciences unit, studied serial killers and noted,"Murderers like this [Jeffrey Dahmer] very often start out by killing and torturing animals as kids."[31]

For fairness sake, however, I have to say that not ALL animal torturers and mutilators go on to murder other humans. And not all murderer began as animal torturers. But it happens enough that it is something to consider.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Copus Christi is pretty close to the border, could be cartels sending cats up full of drugs, and then mutilating them to get out.

BUT that would be pretty ingenius.

Otherwise a copycat off M. Night Shamylans move the Village.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
^^^^
Smart thinking!

Also, does anyone else notice around the times of the full moons each month there are dead black cats all along places in the road???

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have noticed that any time of the month that you are more likely to see dead black cats rather than white ones on the road.

Also more dead grey cats than white or orange ones.

I attribute this to black and grey cats being harder to see at night than light colored cats.

I had contemplated this myself after seeing numerous dead black cats on the road over the course of my life.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
^^^^
Smart thinking!

Also, does anyone else notice around the times of the full moons each month there are dead black cats all along places in the road???

I would like to mention that as a Cat owner and enthusiast that my cats tend to spend more time out doors at night when the moon is full since it is perfect hunting conditions. Most Cats are dusk dawn hunters but full moon periods let them hunt even in the dead of night.

Personally the thought of Cat mutilators is sickening to me, as is any form of cruelty to animals (im not a dog fan but I couldn't conceive of doing anything cruel to a dog unless it was pure self defense). Unfortunately theres always been hostility to cats in human history its gotten better at periods in time but its always there (I remember reading in at least 2 sources that at least 1 in 3 people have an active dislike for felines, and this can often end up meaning actively killing them, my grandfather used to do so saying 'they wrecked his vege garden' which always made me angry and was one reason I never really ever went to see him unless I was made to).

Owning 8 cats myself in a rural area and having lost one to a 4wd a few years back I now keep a close eye on them at all times.

Hope they find whoever is behind them if they can since anyone that has that sort of attitude to another life form should be either rehabilitated or put away for a long time.

Then again it could be UFO related... but just what would they be using the cat insides for is beyond me. If its been a cyclic thing, have they ever captured anyone responsible for other mutilation waves... if not might be the sam individual (unless the time span doesn't fit).

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
hmmm. to bad they dont have any pictures. if only we had some pictures of the cats, we could see how where this mutilations made. i know it sounds a litle disgusting, but there must be a diference between human and alien mutilations.
i mean, i've seen some cattle mutilations pictures and they look really precise.
It could also be a sicko trying to performe some sort of witchcraft, i don't know...

I feel sorry for these animals, this is really creepy..

[edit on 28-3-2009 by _Float_]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Hmmm. Possibly the work of some up and coming serial killer.

Possibly the work of an up and coming surgeon. Hey they gotta practice somehow, and theres not much opportunity outside of med-school. Im kidding around, but anything is possible!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
For some reason I don't think it's people doing the cat mutilations.
You would think that cats being tortured in a neighbor hood would raise holy hell and someone would hear and investigate. No reports of disturbance. Like in cattle mutilations; I'm thinking "high strangeness"of the most diabolic nature.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
For some reason I don't think it's people doing the cat mutilations.
You would think that cats being tortured in a neighbor hood would raise holy hell and someone would hear and investigate.

Well, not necessarily. Cats that roam tend to raise holy hell anyway. Cat fights, and even cat reproduction sounds pretty awful. It would be hard for the average person to notice the difference.

This is not a really good example, lots of cats scream the whole time, but you will get the drift.

new topics

top topics

join