It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Tread on Me/Over 300 Cities Confirmed for April 15 Tea Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Cape Coral Florida's Tea Party has been Canceled by the Florida Government

CNN (Continental News Network) Boston, 1773: The city of Boston canceled a proposed protest over tea taxes today, citing the fear that too many people dressed as Indians would be gathered near the wharves. Organizers expressed sadness over the cancellation, but meekly returned to their homes fearful of upsetting the officers of the Crown. Taxmen breathed a sigh of relief as the tar and feathers were put away not to be used this day.

You don't remember that pre-revolutionary history? I should say you shouldn't, because it didn't happen. But flash forward a few hundred years and you'll find it is happening today in Cape Coral, Florida where city officials canceled a tax day tea party gathering because they "feel too many people could show-up."

That's right, folks, the God-given, long-held American right to assemble and protest the actions of our government has been canceled due to too much popularity of the protest.

And what does it come down to? Money. You see, the city officials want an insurance policy taken out so that organizers can cover any loss that might occur as a result of the rally. And those insurance policies cost hundreds of dollars.

The tea party organizers of Cape Coral, though, aren't the only ones to find this restriction of their free speech and rights to assemble. Tea party organizers all across the country have begun to find out just how difficult, if not impossible, it is to be "allowed" to exercise their God-given right to speak their minds against government excess and criminality. City governments all across the country are charging fees for "permits," forcing organizers to pay out huge sums for "insurance policies," and binding tea party organizers in all sorts of government red tape.

In many instances, organizers are being told that they aren't "allowed" to hold rallies on government property. Imagine that? We, the taxpayers of the city/state/federal government aren't "allowed" to gather on property that our own taxes paid for.

And then there are the "permits" required to reserve the day, arrange the police protection, and clean up afterward. Often those "permits" can only be applied for at certain times a year, precluding any spontaneous assembly. Also, these "permits" can be denied with no reason stated quashing at birth any plan to exercise the right of assembly.

Here one might wonder how it is that we so often see those lefties appearing on our TV sets engaging in their many organized protests? Don't the flotsam and jetsam of the far left seem to have large protests all the time? One might be drawn to imagine that the government is involved in some sort of grand conspiracy to allow those with anti-American sentiment, the moonbats of the left, to march with impunity. But, hold the tinfoil hats, won't you? Because the wackjobs of anti-war ilk and the shrill, circus acts of the Code Pinkos are expected to cut through the same red tape the tea party organizers have been confronted with. The lefties are just better at it.

You see, contrary to popular conception, the far left has some deep-pocketed backers (your George Soros types, unions and even government funds) and a raft of organizations that do "protests" as a full time job. Their protest marches and rallies are far from spontaneously organized. These groups are thoroughly knowledgeable about the red tape and governmental hoops through which they must jump to carry off a successful protest assembly. After all, the hatemongers of the left are intimately intertwined with city governments all across the country. They understand what needs to be done because, by and large, city officials used to belong to, or belong still to the sorts of groups that plan lefty protests. Your new president is one of them. Being part of government, these leftie protest marchers help write the rules, being intimately associated with government they are quite well informed about what is required and how to get around or satisfy those rules.

But the obstacles are coming as a shock to the average citizens that love this country. For their whole lives peace-loving, work-a-day Americans have taken for granted that there exists the freedom to assemble completely unaware that those rights have been eliminated by stealth regulation by governments all across the land.

And now the folks in Cape Coral, Florida have learned their lesson.

Americans do not have the rights they always thought they did. There is no right to protest government. There is no right to assemble. The people have no rights at all to voice their displeasure. Shut up people. Go home. Nothing to see here. Go quietly back to your IPods and DVDs. Big daddy government will take care of you. The Obemmessiah will decide what's best for you. Don't worry your little heads. Oh, and thank you for your payments on April 15th.

Put away the tar and feathers, won't you? There's a nice fella.

Source

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

And now the folks in Cape Coral, Florida have learned their lesson.

This is wrong...this is very very wrong.

I'm wondering what people are saying in cape coral.

I'm counting the number of Tea Parties in FLorida...21!
taxdayteaparty.com...

That's a ton. Those people should still be able to get to one.

I hope this doesn't sway them into not going.

I can't wait to see what the turnout is going to be across the nation!!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Someone with acreage could host it on their private property?
It Is a party after all.
I heard last night America is something like 14th in some world
'freedoms poll'!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The people banning this also have to realize that this will most likely INCREASE turnout if more find out about the news.

This was a bad move on their part really!

I can't wait for the people to speak!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Don't be dismayed by the naysayers, David. Read some of the comments from some of the states at that link you provided. People all across America are fed up and getting madder by the day.

I'm not dismayed. I'm optimistic! Finally something to get behind and support!

This a little ray of light that could burst into something great.

I'm very optimistic...others should be as well!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I signed up and Ill be at the Ft Lauderdale tea party for all those in the S Florida area. Youll know its me because Ill be wearing my End the Fed sweater

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

End the Fed sweater

Sweet...where did you get that?

Great to see another person going btw!

Hopefully some members can take a camera with them and take some pictures and post them on ATS.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by mybigunit

End the Fed sweater

Sweet...where did you get that?

Great to see another person going btw!

Hopefully some members can take a camera with them and take some pictures and post them on ATS.

endthefed.us...

There is where you buy the sweater and I just went here

www.americanflags.com...

and bought this flag. So any ATS members going to Ft Lauderdale will know its meeeeeeeeeee. BTW this isnt my first protest I to all the End The FED protests and what not but Im glad to see others are finally going Im sick of the small crowds on such important issues like our future.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There are 4 tea parties within 100 miles of me. One only 25 miles. I would love to go to the big one in San Antonio, but I REALLY hate cities and huge crowds, so think it will have to be the one right over the hill, if I can get off work.

I have my copies of teabags ready and will be sending them, along with a letter to DC. I won some New American Boston Tea Party Revlolution 2009 post cards in an eBay auction, so will also be sending those.

And have sent tea party info to everybody I know. Am making flyers to leave in the post office, hardware store and the 3 morning coffee spots in town. Most folks probably won't go to a tea party, but might send a tea bag, copy of a tea bag or a label. I'm even going to put the addresses of Pelosi, Franks, Dodd, Reid and the WH on it, so there won't be the "I don't know the address" excuse. Heck, I might even print up a bunch of copies of tea bags, so that excuse will be eliminated too!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

They should protest anyways. The more clashes we have between police and citizens the more people will become aware of the movement.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

They should protest anyways. The more clashes we have between police and citizens the more people will become aware of the movement.

You need to come to Florida Rock and protest with me damnit......bring your g/f also.....we will celebrate with a pint afterwords

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
I have a few that will go with me if they can get off work.

Oh the irony, lol. I'm glad people are starting to wake up more and more, and if there's one of these close to me in AZ i'll go, if i can get off work of course. But that's a good example of how we're SO trapped in our own lives by design, we'll do just as much as we can without getting in trouble, and they let us gather and blow off steam and feel like we did something. Then return to work the next day and they will wait for our next paycheck so they can take their cut. If they said they would shoot us in the streets over this, I imagine the streets would be pretty clear.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My wife and I are going to try and drag as many friends as we can to the Tea Party in Missoula. There is supposed to be a lot of people there, and Missoula has a history of heavy handed cops not behaving themselves at rally's like this so hope-fully they wont get all bent out of shape. If they do i will have my camera on me and i will take as many pictures as i can for a Tea Party picture thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
David9176

Kalamazoo is the closest to me as well...but it's still a good 1 1/2 drive from where i live...and i have to work that day.

I am lucky enough to live in a capitol city (Madison WI) and I had to work too, but I took it off already. We are very busy at work during tax season and I told my boss If it wasn't approved I would be out sick. I will be there. Doing what I feel is right is more important than work.

mental modulator

Well I hope my friend Whaaa is ok if he attends...

What are your goals???

Specifically?

My primary goal is to make new local contacts. We must be carfull not to be pulled into the illusion that a protest will cause change. A protest however, can be a catalyst for a movement. Attracting and educating more people is key.
As I read the thread I am surprised to see that not everyone knew about this already. It tells me that another trip or two to flier downtown is in order. I don't want anyone in my area to tell me on the 16th that they wish they had known.

mybigunit

I signed up and Ill be at the Ft Lauderdale tea party for all those in the S Florida area. Youll know its me because Ill be wearing my End the Fed sweater

Good for you! I will be in my End the Fed T-shirt that arrived last week. I am hoping the weather cooperates. The green sweatshirt I wanted was sold out. I will also be taking signatures for End the Fed, they are protesting in front of each district federal reserve bank on April 25th. This one is aimed more specifically and ending the federal reserve system. I am going to Chicago.

As far as Cape Coral. I would tell those people to try and get to tallahasee. Otherwise go to a nearby city, but go somewhere. I would not recomend an illegal protest. The risk is to great that the MSM will use it to demonize the effort, plus if you are afraid of jail.

In Madison we have 4 booked speakers so far and busses chartered to bring people from all over the state. I am hoping for a big turnout. So far I am only bringing my girlfriend who is unfortunatly still mostly asleep just starting to wake up.

To the baiters on here (you know who you are) GIVE IT A REST ALREADY.

The time for partisianship is over. If you like the system fine and you are free to say so, but if you don't then let's join together to at least try to change it.

Those of us whose goal is to end the federal reserve system of fiat money and the income (interest) tax it carries have realized that the problem lies not within one party or the other. There is only ONE party with two sides!

The monetary system is what needs to change.....And

I QUESTION THE MOTIVES OF THOSE WHO WOULD TRY TO DIVIDE US WITH PARTISAN RANTS!!!

To everyone else I wish you a good time and good weather (myself especially brrrr) Be watchfull of anything that could cause the event to be vilified by the media, and most of all talk to people make some friends share what you know and learn from others. With good efforts and good people we can build a movement that will tear down the FED.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

I am lucky enough to live in a capitol city (Madison WI) and I had to work too, but I took it off already. We are very busy at work during tax season and I told my boss If it wasn't approved I would be out sick. I will be there. Doing what I feel is right is more important than work.

It looks like i'm going to be able to go! The Tea Party in Kalamazoo doesn't start till 5pm...that should give me enough time to get there...if not i can leave a little early...won't be a problem because work is dead...just don't want to lose the hours and it looks like i won't have to.

Btw...great post!

I can't wait to hear everyone's experiences on ATS that night!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser

To everyone else I wish you a good time and good weather (myself especially brrrr) Be watchfull of anything that could cause the event to be vilified by the media, and most of all talk to people make some friends share what you know and learn from others. With good efforts and good people we can build a movement that will tear down the FED.

Thnaks it should be good here in Florida - West Palm Beach. I was wondering, though, are people bringing their mobile phones? I had the thought that "they" could monitor the cell networks and see who is at each Tea Party by pinging/triangulating the mobile phones.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I like the spirit but I am worried about the direction. Is everyone just going to vote in Republican members into Congress? How many times do we have to be betrayed by both parties before we realize they stand for the same thing: Bigger Government. The Republicans have no problem with the Fed, or spending our tax money, they just want to allocate it where they want instead of letting the Democrats do it.

We need a true American Revolution, where we take to trial all those who have committed treason. If I see people going out en masse and conducting a citizen's arrest, I'll be happy. Until then, I'm glad America's citizens are starting to empower themselves!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Viral

I like the spirit but I am worried about the direction. Is everyone just going to vote in Republican members into Congress?

Hell no! lol

That would be a gigantic mistake. People need to look beyond that and just try to find those who will vote based on the constitution and start ending this craziness.

Republicans do not stand for liberty..they only act as if they do when they aren't in the majority..and even then they often waver.

Democrats and Republicans do not differ when it comes to deficit spending and increased government. The only real difference is that Democrats don't hide it.

All Congressmen should have to read an oath when elected to absolutely stand by the Constitution...to defend it...and it's people who live under it.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
[

[edit on 30-3-2009 by winged patriot]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join