It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost City on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
And here's another thread of mine where you'll find scores of intriguing images of Mars...

Alien City On Mars? Check This Out!

Although there has been a lot of discussion there regarding the images, they're pretty interesting nonetheless! Have a look-see. Here's a couple for starters...

Viking photo86A10
Lat 35, Long 212.

Hydaspis. Photo credit: NASA/JPL/Arizona State University.

Hale Crater. Thanks to Jo Skipper who had granted me
permission to reproduce this one! Original work by 'CK'

There's more where they came from!

Cheers!

[edit on 31-3-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by LogicalResponse

Though this thread is Mars related, have a look at this thread if you haven't so far, of amazing Moon images!

Uncensored NASA Moon Images!

And my You Tube vid here...

Cheers!

That's actually very fascinating, Mike.

It seems many people have seen something wrong with that tower-like structure entirely independent of myself and in other places on the internet. People in that specific thread even point out the exact same anomalies on their own without any prior suggestions from outside. That alone lends a great deal of credence from my personal perspective.

The more I look into that area of the moon the more strange it becomes. And when people start seeing the same things as me, the closer it feels to becoming a stark reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicalResponse
I however left the question open that their original premise could have some basis in fact. That is: ET constructs lurking in our solar system.

I leave the question open too, but the only certainty is that interesting natural geometry and processing artifacts exist. Probably Pure Paraeidolia. If you find a different view of the same area, you'll realize most of the apparent geometry doesn't exist, it's all created by long shadows.

The specific image I've posted originally has never been met with a practical explanation, and I can never seem to winnow out the element of the extraordinary or unbelievable in it. It presents a problem that just won't go away - a sprawling array of enormous, artificial-looking structures.

You said it, artificial looking. There is nothing there to explain. There's a rocky hill in the South of France where I go often. It is covered with regular hexagonal patches 4-5 meters across. Natural formation.

...if these aeon-worn, eroded structures are any semblance of their former architecture - they alone could be testament to the monstrous nature of their creators.

I like very much H. P. Lovecraft's novels. Doesn't mean they're true stories.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

The more I look into that area of the moon the more strange it becomes. And when people start seeing the same things as me, the closer it feels to becoming a stark reality.

Paraeidolia and Confirmation bias affects everyone. Without seeking out other opinions your are reinforcing an irrational belief. I notice strange geometry too but I've learned from experience that it happens very often for natural reasons.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator

I however left the question open that their original premise could have some basis in fact. That is: ET constructs lurking in our solar system.

I leave the question open too, but the only certainty is that interesting natural geometry and processing artifacts exist. Probably Pure Paraeidolia. If you find a different view of the same area, you'll realize most of the apparent geometry doesn't exist, it's all created by long shadows.

Well, yeah. Very long shadows entirely different lighting conditions and an entirely unfamiliar scale. Objects on the moon are not going to be able to be compared in the same sense geological formations are here. For instance there are lava domes in some areas that are incredibly huge compared to the ones on earth.

A lot of .jpegs get highly compressed and it's a very lossy format. So when zooming in as far as some do, it's going to of course have some geometry. The pixels are square/rectilinear themselves.

That's why I am pretty much side-stepping the other lunar anomalies usually pointed out, and especially the paraeidolia masterpieces that are the MRO images.

You said it, artificial looking. There is nothing there to explain.

Correct. Nothing at all.

I'd definitely like some better explanation of what I'm seeing, though.

There's a rocky hill in the South of France where I go often. It is covered with regular hexagonal patches 4-5 meters across. Natural formation.

It somewhat resembles Giant's causeway, yeah. I'm somewhat familiar with that one.

But if you think that's a neat formation, have a look at this place: www.viewzone.com...

It was actually studied and concluded to be absolutely 100% natural. (It is!)

(Please ignore the paranormal suggestions given in that article, though. It's one of the few remaining pages I could find on it that still feature photographs.)

There are an endless number of examples all over earth showing nature replicating regular and symmetrical geometry.

I like very much H. P. Lovecraft's novels. Doesn't mean they're true stories.

Hey, I figure if we're going to go with a mythos for the sake of confabulation (and considering that the UFO/alien theories are not nearly as entertaining to me) I thought I might as well go with good one.

Gray men in flying saucers? Hey, sure why not.

Here's Cthulhu on the moon.

Sound silly? Good. It's supposed to.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by LogicalResponse]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator

Paraeidolia and Confirmation bias affects everyone. Without seeking out other opinions your are reinforcing an irrational belief. I notice strange geometry too but I've learned from experience that it happens very often for natural reasons.

Don't fret Nab. I'm perfectly aware of what both are.

Been doing this awhile. When I used to post on this board under the screenname of neuralfraud a couple years ago, I got into many a debate and informed many a person of what paraeidolia is.

If I am going to level with them, then it's best for me to make some attempt to step into their shoes. In order to do that, and to understand this mentality, I have to set skepticism completely aside and give into fantastic/imaginative impulses if even for a little bit.

There is obviously an appeal in believing in what they do, and more than anything, I'd like to discover what that is exactly.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by LogicalResponse]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
oops

[edit on 31-3-2009 by Lunica]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I still like the Mayan temple on mars

Go here

Greetings lunica

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
I still like the Mayan temple on mars

Go here

Greetings lunica

and noone has left comments on the youtube page i wonder why!
Its amamazing who some people come up with these buildings at the smallest hint of a straight line.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
and noone has left comments on the youtube page i wonder why!
Its amamazing who some people come up with these buildings at the smallest hint of a straight line.

A good laugh is always healthy. Isnt it?

btw: Maybe the interesting "straight" lines do resemble an ancient building afterall. But, as your intelligent reaction totally makes clear, you are not the person to discuss it!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalResponse

The Giant Causeway is basalt - like most "buildings" on the Moon.

This one is sandstone :
www.lithotheque.ac-aix-marseille.fr...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join