It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do UFOs + Disclosure + NWO + 2012 = Alien Contact? A “Unified Theory” of Contact

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Not to get too philosophical, but we can learn much just by paying attention to our surroundings.

I look down as much as up. You never know when you'll stumble upon a fossil or artifact that can tell you about the history of the place your standing.

Looking up is equally as enlightening. Know what's supposed to be there and where, and you will be able to identify things that can lead you to new knowledge.

Check out skyandtelescope.com for sky almanacs, and heavens-above.com for starcharts and observing info for satellites, planets, et c.

jw

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yeah. "Watch the skies" is an excellent idea. I've been trying to remember to look out the window every so often. People see so little. (Especially when on a computer.:lol

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rivyolie

I look down just as much as up when I'm out. You never know when you may stumble across a fossil or artifact that gives insight into the history and evolution of where you stand.

Likewise, knowing what is supposed to be in the sky, and where, enables you to recognize things that may be worth further examination or consideration.

Skyandtelescope.com has starcharts and sky almanacs to help. Heavens-above.com can assist in seeing where stars, planets, satellites and other phenomena are in the sky relative to your own position.

Keep looking!

jw

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
wrong thread
sorry

jw

[edit on 23-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
People, I really don't think we're going to have contact until the whole of humanity gets over their egos. The limitations on what is possible need to dissolve completely. A large majority of people don't ever even think about extraterrestrials because the idea just "isn't possible" according to their beliefs, or the beliefs of the scientific establishment. A larger majority of people would react with hostility and hatred towards them and would try shooting them down, or standing on their porches with shotguns ready to blow their heads off. An even larger majority of people still embrace ideological religious worship and would regard the extraterrestrials as angels, demons, Jesus, Satan, Allah, Yahweh, etc. These belief systems are all restricting and unhealthy, and they have to be eliminated. If we want to have contact, the collective consciousness of humanity needs to evolve greatly and become more ethical, compassionate, accepting, and loving. This is already happening right now, but there are still too many areas in the world with people who are still very much consciously primitive and unevolved. I would say that by 2012-2013 though, we will have made contact.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

What better way to encourage people to realize and embrace their kinship than with global "crises?"

If the majority of developed and developing societies believe that they are facing similar calamities, they are more likely to be united in response and less likely to strike out on their own.

Climate change, economic reversal, and most recently, nuclear proliferation, are now at the top of our collective conscience.

Is the groundwork being laid?

Recall Reagan and Gorbachev arguing for a united response to a common (alien) threat? Or Reagan' successor calling for a "New World Order?" Is this a progression toward a more united people?

Maybe this is too speculative, but is also fits the expected pattern, doesn't it?

jw

[edit on 24-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Okiminletsdoit!
creeping around our backyards like thieves

LOL Not all ET's races abduct people. Some look exactly like us and our living among us.

I think people will need alot more information about ET's and the various races. All we've been fed is a lot of Hollywood BS. Real education about them needs to take place.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Violet Sky

So where does the "education" take place?

Without an "official" source or forum, we're left to search on our own and filter the "Hollywood BS" from the more credible evidence.

That seems likely to result in a lot of the self-defeating exaggeration, misunderstanding, and outright hoaxing we have to deal with.

Or is that the idea?

jw

[edit on 24-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
From my experience there is no unified anything when it comes to the subject of UFOs.

While it's as valid an hypothesis as any other that the aliens might be expecting mankind to be ready (whatever that means) for contact in broad and more public terms, even though I don't put any weight on the whole 2012 thing, what exactly are people expecting to happen in 2012?

I mean, unless there is some magical transformation of the whole human race, things won't be that much different in 2012. My point being that in 2012 I doubt any significant changes will occur to the essence of man: we will keep fighting our petty little wars, letting thousands of people die per day of starvation and preventable diseases while we numb our minds with reality TV, eating junk food among other things, and screwing up the planet in the process.

Maybe a 2112 date would be more reasonable as to expect mankind to change drastically and hopefully evolve, but not many books and DVDs would be sold telling the tale of something magical that is going to happen when none of us are alive to see it.

So to me the argument that aliens are expecting people to evolve in order to make public contact loses all validity when attached to the 2012 theory.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

what exactly are people expecting to happen in 2012?

Who knows? But, I think most people who place any significance on solar cycles, the sun's path through the galactic plane, Hindu faith, Hopi superstitions, or the Mayan calendar AGREE that 2012 is an important
year.

It also happens to be 1 adult lifetime (78 yr. expectancy - 18 yrs. childhood/adolescence) after the human race "came of age" with nuclear fusion. (The first hydrogen "fusion" device was detonated in November 1952.)

Many people who believe that UFOs = ET/EBE also believe that brief diplomatic contact was made as a result of our successful testing of fusion technology.

So, while thinking about the century's "hot topics" (thus far), I looked for a common thread.

• nuclear proliferation
  • UFOs
  • New World Order
  • religion
  • disclosure
  • contact

Hey, maybe there's no relation; or, nothing to relate.

(That's why I closed the OP with a quote about a dream fantasy from "Raising Arizona:" "Or maybe it was Utah.")

Who knows?

jw

<< 1   >>

join