It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt Collectors. Attempting to collect on already bailout banks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If there is anyone that knows or works for a Debt Agency, maybe you could give some insight here.
I'm of thought that once the banks have handed this over to a Debt Agency, they have written this off as a loss, not theirs but the Feds, if I understand this correctly The money that is given to banks to cover the Card amount rather it be $5000 or 20.000. was granted from the Federal Reserve, now the banks use this to cover the expense once you use the card, with hopes that you make mistake and pay late, or have a overdraft or what have you.. this is where they make their money.. by using the Fed backing. Now if you default on this Credit Card, in most cases the Banks will attempt to get at least what they can in the interest they want so much, and let the rest of it be forgiven in hardship cases. However what they don't tell you is that you will recieve at Tax Time a notice of default to be submited to the IRS/State Tax, showing this as Income for the year, so you must pay tax on that amount (10%) This happen to me me on one of my Cards. I payed them $1800.00 Interest, and forgave the rest. Now not of choice I have anouther Bank/Credit Card that has taken a different approch. they have given/sold this default to the all Mighty Debt Collections Agency.
Now of course your getting calls from a collection agency wanting this money if the Bank has not told you that they have written it off. So this default is sold to an agency and they attempt to get what they can out of you, and always offering you a lower payoff if you can come up with a least half of the amount right now. It would appear they use deceitful practices here saying the Bank would agree to this or that, when in fact what their not telling you is this...The Agency would agree to, because without you knowing it, they own this by their purchase of your default with the Bank. (at least the Bank got a little money out of it from them/Agency) So now their going to hound you until the can milk whatever they can out of you... this is their profit as a result of your hardships.
So is their anyone on this site the might want to share some of their insight if they are into this type of work.. I know you guys try to keep your trade at a "Top Secret Level" But hey, this is what this site is about... to help find the truth. Share a little of your kept Secret Information... I know it's out there!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

Well I'm not an expert in the field but I just watched Dateline - Inside Debt looks like they explain it pretty good, and this mess is far from over too, because the debt collectors will buy those old debts for pennies on the dollar and try to collect them long after they have been written off as a loss to the bank.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply back. Strange how every collection agency works. the Date Line reporting was good infomation.
It seems that we as people should do a run on the Goverment expecting the same Bailout they gave the cheating industry which continues to reap benifets while we suffer and pay for it all as well. Yet at the same time we can't see the end of the tunnel of debt.

new topics

join