It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Sheldrake Google Lecture - a genuine must see!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I've been a bit of a fan of Rupert Sheldrake for some time now. He's been ploughing an exceptionally lonely furrow: a genuine and well-respected academic who's branched out into researching the "everyday paranormal".

In this entertaining lecture and Q&A session, he does several things:

• he explains why there's such a stigma attached to paranormal research
  • he talks about Richard Dawkins' crude attempts to debunk him
  • he explains why James Randi is a liar and why he's not interested in trying to claim Randi's fraudulent million-dollar prize
  • he explains many of his experiments and shows how open he is with his data
  • and explains why his data point to the reality of telepathy

There's also this video, much shorter, in which an admittedly small sample gives results way over chance. It's just an illustration: his overall sample is much broader and the results still stack up in favour of telepathy being a real phenomenon.

Here's Rupert Sheldrake's website for those who are interested.

Now on the conspiracy side of things, I found to my surprise that, while on the same lecture tour of the US that yielded the Google lecture, Sheldrake had been stabbed and was lucky to have escaped serious injury or even death.

The assailant was a Japanese man, Kazuki Hirano, who accused Sheldrake of using telepathy to control him. In a somewhat confused account, he said that

"He's doing testing on the public and using my brain... I can hear the voice in my head."

source

Of course, it's entirely possible that Hirano is just a mentally ill unfortunate. It is also the case, however, that the technology exists to put voices inside people's heads...

Voice-to-skull technology

Voice to skull is a technology used to transmit sound directly to the brain, by-passing the ears, using pulsated microwaves. The concept is in patents referred to as The RF Hearing Effect. An audio signal is modulated onto a microwave carrier and subsequently perceived as the original sound "in the head" of a person illuminated with the microwave radiation.

Weapons based on this technology are used in covert government torture operations, sometimes referred to mind-control operations, worldwide.

Those of us on this board with a penchant for the NWO/Illuminati narratives will no doubt be open to the possibility that TPTB don't want people poking around in this area of endeavour, and will note that Sheldrake has pursued an unashamedly populist approach.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by rich23]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Best thread I've read all day!
Thank you.
Going to watch the vid right now.
I too am a (long time) follower of Sheldrake, though I admit to letting visits to his web site slip over the last little bit.
It's nice to be back.
S&F
Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Hey, I just posted in the other thread you have going on about this....

two threads same subject - you started?

As I posted in the other thread, him and I corresponded via email a few times last year.

I like the man, he will look at the many more alternative ways of things - instead of just the "scientific" way.

He knows there is much more going on and ways of looking at events than what the strict science way, wants him to.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yes, I did start two threads, but it's because I thought this subject belonged in both forums. I think there's enough stuff dealing with skeptics and pseudoskeptics for the lecture to throw up some interesting reactions in the disinfo forum. I also thought that it would be good to put it in this forum for obvious reasons.

Enjoy the lecture!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I haven't got to see the vid yet but will post my reply anyways.

If you came across an animal in the forest and that animal has never seen a human b4 then why does he know to look at your eyes and not your knees.
I will have to look at the vid in the morning as I had a frosty beverage after work and would rather see that with a fresh brain.
Very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join