It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla rolls out new sedan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- While automakers lay off staff and shut down plants in response to the economic downturn, one automaker announced Thursday that it will open a manufacturing plant in the United States, potentially creating hundreds of jobs in the area eventually chosen.

Tesla Motors, maker of a high-end electric sports car, says it will build an all-electric sedan in Southern California.

Thursday's announcement was made in Hawthorne, California, where Tesla unveiled the Model S sedan at a base price of $49,900, after a federal tax credit of $7,500.

That's less than half the price of its first model, the Roadster.

Started in 2003 and bankrolled by PayPal millionaire Elon Musk, Tesla has attracted investments from the Silicon Valley elite, among them Google founder Larry Page.

source

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7a06da34bcb.jpg[/atsimg]

All electric car! and jobs created with the creation of that new sedan, jobs in the USA! While other major car makers in the US are feeling uneasy with the economic turmoil, this company is planning to build a plant to build this car (in California).

My wife says that the conversion of the existing cars would be very important to look into, so all the cars could become electric.
No more need for fuel! It's important for all of us, for we need to get rid of our addiction to oil.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I found a slideshow, this car makes me whant to drive again, seriously.www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by teklordz

My wife says that the conversion of the existing cars would be very important to look into, so all the cars could become electric.
No more need for fuel! It's important for all of us, for we need to get rid of our addiction to oil.

Actually the Tesla may not lessen the carbon footprint as much as you might think.

Electricity to power the car has to be generated somehow. Currently using natural gas, coal. Not that much hydro electric or solar/wind.

And the manufacture of batteries is one of the most toxic manufacturing processes known. That's why it's usually done in 3rd world countries.

I'm all for green power, that's why I ride a bicycle when I can.

and I must admit a fondness for the internal combustion engine. I feel we can go a long way to make the ICE efficient and nonpolluting.

Mass transit is the answer for efficiency and convenience like in much of Europe where a train and a bicycle can get you almost anywhere. extra DIV

new topics

join