It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Cooper (Mystery Babylon) Isis & Osiris 1/6

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Can follow to the end of the series with the accompanying Youtube links on the right hand side.

Well worth listening

What I understand now, is the degree to which the stories and the symbols are exoteric, and meaningless, without initiation.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Then initiate yourself. Like a coil. Just self induct. Tune in.
Gather some capacitance.
Pay your electric bill.

Sham wow.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
That is what I'm in the process of doing and becoming.

And I have the Lord who contains the whole of the mystery, revealed.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
whole of the mystery,

That is what she said.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by THX-1138]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
whole of the mystery,

That is what she said.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by THX-1138]

Too enigmatic. Communication is nothing, if not clear, and the meaning of it, is in the response you get, and one can only respond if they understand precisely what you are saying. There's enough Occult around here. Please speak plainly. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Did William Cooper really get shot dead by some Government agents?
What for?
That guy is the center of some really odd stories.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Cooper is correct, of course; Osiris is the Logos. ("In the beginning was the Word," etc.) But Plutarch directly says as much in his treatise. You should read G.R.S. Mead's translation of Isis and Osiris; he was very sympathetic to the more "esoteric" aspects of the text: sacred-texts.com...

II. 1. Wherefore the longing for the Godly state is a desire for Truth, and specially the [truth] about the Gods, in so much as it doth embrace reception of the sacred [things]—instruction and research; 1 a work more holy than is all and every purging rite and temple-service, and not least pleasing to that Goddess whom thou servest, in that she is particularly wise and wisdom-loving, seeing her very name doth seem to indicate that knowing and that gnosis 2 is more suitable to her than any other title.

2. For that “Isis” is Greek, 3 and [so is] “Typhōn”—in that he’s foe unto the Goddess, and is “puffed up” 4 through [his] unknowing and deceit, and tears the Holy Reason (Logos) into pieces and makes away with it; the which the Goddess gathers up again and recomposes, and transmits to those perfected in the art of divinising, 5—which by the means of a continually sober life and by [their] abstinence from many foods and sexual indulgences, tempers intemperate pleasure-love, and doth accustom [them] to undergo, without being broken down, the rigorous tasks of service in the sacred [rites], the end of which is gnosis of the First and Lordly One, the One whom mind alone can know, 1 for whom the Goddess calls on [them] to seek, though He is by her side and one with her.

Is there more to this? It doesn't seem like Cooper really plumbed the full depths of this story.

Edit: VVV OmegaPoint: check the link!

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Eleleth]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Anyone have a link to Plutarch's treatise?

But as Cooper pointed out, Plutarch offers nothing in the way of the true Occult esoteric meaning, and would not have betrayed the secret knowledge. However, it's a good starting point.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I suspect that "it" (the highest secret) involve a logical analysis of two things, one, the law of the excluded middle, and two, the triangulation that results. The byproduct of the reasoning or logic (logos) is that because there is something, there is nothing that is not, and, everything is not one, but three. This in turn leads to a generative principal defined by the Phi Ratio or the Golden Mean, which in human terms, can be reduced to "love your neighbor as yourself". The divided middle is definitely a recurring theme in the mysteries.

Father, son and holy spirit, is probably the highest expression of this axiom, in terms of a human to divine reletavistic frame of reference.

Understood or grokked fully, there is great power in this, since any decision made in alignment with the Golden Mean is generative, and therefore fruitful or productive. Anyone who masters these principals of logic, masters the creative principal of existence.

That's my first shot at it anyway..

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
One important thing that Cooper mentioned is that Plutarch and the rest of these Initiates were Platonists, and it is quite helpful to study their writings. I tend to think that a great many things are "hidden in plain sight" and just waiting to be read at every local library (and now, on the Internet).

Thomas Taylor is another interesting writer on this subject; his Eleusinian and Bacchic Mysteries is a book I read just the other day that treats of the initiation rites of Greece.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Eleleth]

new topics

top topics

join