It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invention seems to violate known physics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
A video seems to show an invention that uses a weight rotating in a sort of simple gyroscopic circular pattern to generate propulsion rather than simply vibrating violently.

First you will need Media Player Classic from:
sourceforge.net...
Then download the video from:
jnaudin.free.fr...

The details were from this webpage:
jnaudin.free.fr...

My criticism (in addition the annoyingly obscure and ridulous .ra video format), is that the invention is (also annoyingly) never rotated the opposite direction to see if it continues to travel in that other direction. The tub is very shallow and it allows for wave effects, especially considering it seems to take a bit of time to work up speed. However, the same page indicates that a larger version that someone else completed was in place that also worked in a large pool using a canoe.

That is an extremely old webpage but seems as valid as the first time I saw it. I'd be very interested to see what a slightly scaled up version of that would do if placed in a pool.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
i only watched the video. it looks like its just vibrating and moving to the deeper end of the bathtub

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeff
i only watched the video. it looks like its just vibrating and moving to the deeper end of the bathtub

Right, which is the point
It is supposed to be a method of getting things to move. A box that vibrates in water should not move in any one particular direction. It should randomly wander around.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
the output distance is incredible.

I couldn't get any audio.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I don't see how this violates laws of physics.

First off, there is no such thing as a law as this world is constantly in motion, growing, and becoming more dynamic. Secondly, I watched the video and it's not the greatest quality, but the waves from the pool is not how it's propelled forward. It's not that ingenious of an invention, if fact, think of it as a helicopter with two rotary blades, but that can potentially (if redesigned drastically) move in any direction without tilt.

Video of Canoe:
Link

Another website detailing the principles behind this engine:
Link

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I've got a move called FREE ENERGY that was made 10 or more years ago. This is in it but it's bigger, they said it's 20 times more efficient then a jet motor, the inventor later said the out put rate was based on a dc-10.

It was set up in the middle off a canoe, first time with one person, speed was a very slow walking pace. Then they use two people at ether end and it was a lot faster, it wasn't no ACME rocket but it does show potential, even if it's not used to move objects it still can be used to turn a generator,,, and as usual he was still waiting for a US Patent.
No surprises there......

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
RE: video.google.com...

That video is absolutely shocking. I really seems to violate what our understanding is about gyroscopic motion.

I really want to build one of these myself to verify. If it worked it would truly be a revolutionary invention because it would mean if you put one in space it could easily accelerate to near light speed!

This is definitely interesting!

[edit on 29-3-2009 by truthquest]

new topics

top topics

join